Cruise Lines-Suggestions etc

thanks gys for all ur help

*roo big hug to you always*

Royal carrabian is what im aiming for they launch anew ship in may and its going to be the biggest one in europe so am hoping for that.. we might go to paris a few days before and after just as a break but in general are sooo excited about it... between this and wedding plans dont even know where to start..

we have about 3 weeks for the honeymoon

my parents went on a silversea cruise last summer and although they were happy with it they did say that the clientele was mainly far, far, far older than them. like taking your own emergency oxygen supply to dinner old. not sure if that's a problem for you or not. also, europe will be pretty chilly in march but considering you live somewhere pretty toasty :beach: maybe that's not so important?

nevermind, i just checked and silversea have no cruises in europe in march [edit, just checked royal caribbean and they also don't have any in europe in march], i think the weather might just be too rough then. you definitely don't want to spend your honeymoon seasick :throwup: there is one that goes from dubai to athens but considering where you live you might not really be too interested in that if you want something different..

ermmmm do you want to change your wedding date? :roflmfao: or perhaps make alternate honeymoon plans...

heheh no the honeymoon will be in may... ( cuz of weather) so we wont go on honeymoon straight after the wedding... so should be nice in may

as for living i live in Bahrain so its cheaper to go to europe than the US

first off, congrats on your engagement! :smile:

my fiance and i recently went on a Mediterranean cruise in July. It was basically our honeymoon trip (but we're not married yet, we're getting married next month--that's another story that will take too long to describe here :biggrin: )

anyways, ours was a 7-day cruise on Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL). It had stops in Barcelona, Messina (Sicily), Naples, Rome, Pisa, and Cannes. Anyways to describe it would take too long here, all I can say was that it was AMAZING. Neither I nor my fiance had ever been on a cruise before, and were both blown away about how nice and luxurious everything was. The staff was pretty friendly, the boat was very clean (no one got sick, cruise ships are really paranoid about that stuff now), the restaurants were great and all the amenities were very nice. We definitely felt like we were on our honeymoon (even though we technically weren't married yet). :smile: Stuff there was expensive, but not outrageously so.

The other great thing about this cruise was that at each stop you had the opportunity to go on these optional tour excursions. they were a tad expensive but are well worth it if you've never been to that city and/or don't speak the language and are worried about finding your way around.

Anyways, if you have more specific questions u can just PM me, I'd be happy to answer.

BTW: since this is a purse forum I must also mention that going on a European cruise (esp. one that stops in Italy as we did) may likely give you unique opportunities for purse shopping. ;) During the cruise's stop in Pisa, NCL actually had an optional excursion available for those who wanted to go to Florence. We didn't go (at that time i wasn't obssessed with purses yet, lol), but I remember them saying that they were going to this shopping site in Florence where they had outlets of all the famous Italian designers (Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, etc), where items were typically 80% off. Now I'm kicking myself for not going, but it's probably all for the better (after the cruise and all that i think our credit cards need a break). :smile:

heheh no the honeymoon will be in may... ( cuz of weather) so we wont go on honeymoon straight after the wedding... so should be nice in may

phew, a cruise in march seems to be a pretty awful idea! may should be nice, the weather won't be too hot, and schools aren't on vacation yet.

have you considered chartering a boat somewhere? then you could do your own thing, but you'd probably cover a smaller area. it would definitely be more private though :graucho:

Royal Caribbean is excellent. We've cruised with them 3 times and have nothing bad to say. The food is amazing, the rooms are ok as far as cruises go and the staff is very, very nice. We've also cruised with Norwegian cruise lines and had excellent service too. Good food, drinks...

My husband and I went on a 14 day Meditterranean Cruise on Princess Cruises. It was the best trip of our lives. I noticed another poster had mentioned that her ship was always dirty, but our was just the opposite. We went to Turkey, Greece, Italy, Monaco, France, Spain. The food was amazing, the entertainment outstanding, the ship was immaculate. The only thing we didn't like was our bed :tdown:. My husbands side was extremely uncomfortable for some reason. Let me know if you'd like more info. Princess.com is a great site to visit and you can actually view layouts of the ships etc. We were on the Golden Princess.

My husband and I went on a 14 day Meditterranean Cruise on Princess Cruises. It was the best trip of our lives. I noticed another poster had mentioned that her ship was always dirty, but our was just the opposite. We went to Turkey, Greece, Italy, Monaco, France, Spain. The food was amazing, the entertainment outstanding, the ship was immaculate. The only thing we didn't like was our bed :tdown:. My husbands side was extremely uncomfortable for some reason. Let me know if you'd like more info. Princess.com is a great site to visit and you can actually view layouts of the ships etc. We were on the Golden Princess.
My husband and I took the same cruise on Golden Princess too. Enjoyed the trip very much. WIll do again.

out of my experience, I've been on two cruises - Carnival and Royal Caribbean. RC was def the best but my parents swear by Princess!

I agree with someone else's statement that Sandals might be better. They are so geared towards one on one time and food/drinks (alcoholic) and water sports are included. My friends went to Jamaica and seriously had the best time!! And best of all you won't have to worry about there being kids there since they're not allowed at Sandals!!

THEY HAVE 50% OFF RIGHT NOW: http://www.sandals.com/promos/hot-sale/index.cfm