Crossbody bags

Evelyne TPM! The PM (29) is a bit big for nights out IMO especially if you're comparing to a C18. The Sellier 29 is even bigger as it is rigid. Here's mine. I am 5'1", US size 00 (but wearing a loose outfit).

This looks great on you! Do you think it's secure when you're traveling? Do you worry about no zipper or flap? That's my concern with it.

This looks great on you! Do you think it's secure when you're traveling? Do you worry about no zipper or flap? That's my concern with it.
No, I don't worry at all - the bag is so small that the closure strap makes it pretty much impossible to nab anything out if the strap is snapped down. I suppose if it were slung behind me someone could unsnap the strap and MAYBE I would not notice, but I keep it to the side or in front. If you are running around somewhere you could put a light, small scarf on top of any valuables.
It's a bit OT, but I keep photocopies of my passport and usually an extra CC in a safe place when I travel, and all my CCs can be cancelled and replaced within 24 hours nearly anywhere, so in general, while of course I avoid being a target, I don't stress about theft much, cross fingers!

Another vote for the PM Massai Cut, but you would have to buy used. The strap has many length options and it comes with a short strap for under arm carrying, which may work better for night. The GM Massai Cut is really a big bag. That said, you would never regret owning an Evelyne PM, the best "run to the grocery store bag" in my collection. I will post some Massai Cut pics later today. When I travel with Massai Cut, I take the short strap along as well. On the secondary market, make sure both straps are included.

Reactions: L etoile
Does anyone have both the Chanel mini rectangular and the Evelyne TPM? How do they compare in size? It would be great to see a side-by-side so that I can order either the TPM or the PM from my SA without going to the store.

Thank you all for your help!

Does anyone have both the Chanel mini rectangular and the Evelyne TPM? How do they compare in size? It would be great to see a side-by-side so that I can order either the TPM or the PM from my SA without going to the store.

I don't have a mini anymore but I can shoot a WOC and a TPM side by side. The TPM holds way, way more than a WOC of course. From memory I am going to say the TPM is just a bit bigger than a rectangular mini tipped on its side, but also a bit slimmer in profile.
Probably someone here has both bags to compare in mod shot.

I don't have a mini anymore but I can shoot a WOC and a TPM side by side. The TPM holds way, way more than a WOC of course. From memory I am going to say the TPM is just a bit bigger than a rectangular mini tipped on its side, but also a bit slimmer in profile.
Probably someone here has both bags to compare in mod shot.

The slimmer profile is great because I do tend to knock my mini when I walk through narrow areas (i.e. between tables/chairs at a small restaurant).

I have both tpm and chanel rectangular mini but I'm likely spending the weekend at my parents house. I can take a pic for u tomorrow or Monday.

IMG_1500851253.527616.jpg
View attachment 3773494
View attachment 3773495

Here ya go. Also included a pic of what I put inside mini vs. tpm. For mini I can put my zippy chanel card case and iPhone 6 and keys and lip balm and sunglasses (no case). I can fit all that into a tpm with room to spare

Last edited: