Croc Birkin

thanks everyone for responses!

went to my local H store - even after I have bought several bags from them and asked if there was a wait list for a croc birkin (not even specifying size, colour, type and hardware) she replied 'no wait list but a wish list' apparently its +3 years from the 'normal/standard'....

Need Help!

So confused. I have been offerred a 35 croc birkin - but not entierly sold as I find the 35's heavy to carry around. And prefer the 30 - but then there is the other part of me that likes the 35 as it was the first size the birkin came out in and enjoy the look the 35 exudes.

I can carry both relatively well.

what to do????

Need Help!

So confused. I have been offerred a 35 croc birkin - but not entierly sold as I find the 35's heavy to carry around. And prefer the 30 - but then there is the other part of me that likes the 35 as it was the first size the birkin came out in and enjoy the look the 35 exudes.

I can carry both relatively well.

what to do????
I would wait for the 30 cm size unless this 35 cm you were offered is a good deal, KWIM?:yes:

What to do? Split between all three need advice. Choices are:

All 30 cm

1. Meil, porosus, palladium
2. Havvanne (??), nilo, matte, palladium
3. Vert Fonce, porosus, gold

I want all three but that is sooo not going to happen!

Thanks!

For a Birkin I would choose Matte Havanne with GHW.
I don't feel that shiny croc is appropriate for daytime.
Matte is very "daytime" appropriate but also transitions well for a casual dress evening.

I was in my store when a lady was shopping with a 30 Croc Birkin.
She was very friendly,and graciously asked me if I wanted to try it on for size?
"Thank You so much,I would love to"; I practically screamed !
It was beautiful and we looked it over and discussed the details and craftsmanship. It truly is a work of art. The care that Hermes takes to line up every skin on the bag and handles.
I was so surprised at how heavy it was!
She laughed and said she has it pretty packed.

I have to say the size was perfect;and if I was ever to get a Croc Birkin it would be a 30.

Amazingly enough I have seen the croc on shelf both in Europe & N.Y.C. (& did not resist) best bet is to go in frequently & develop a good relationship with a SA. Ordering is hard, but if your SA likes you, you might get a call sooner than you think! Havane might be most universal, & most available, but green is the most beautiful! Either size looks amazing, how much do you carry?

with all the new beige colors coming and going (parchment, poussiere, poudre, etoupe, ficelle, fauvre) I wonder if we can still order these older colors? does it extend the time you must wait if your manager has special ordered it for you?

Thanks to all.

Duchess: must agree the work is impeccable!

Avandome: The size are all 30 cm, which can hold my all my things comfortably. I have a 35 (non-exotic) which I wear when paper work is needed to be carried around. Either than that I tend to carry my 30 cm more often.

I have to decide soon on which one.... The the available choices, waiting for one to arrive while the other two are on standby. My SA is really nice me :smile:. I am leaning towards both meil and vert fonce, though wish meil had gold hardware and liking the vert fonce as it is a nice green... Though my choices change two to three times a day!!!!

what do you mean by older colors?

By older I meant they used to have poudre...now it's not in the leather book samples anymore...nor is etoupe...they have parchmein as the only beige when I went in last week to look. I guess they only keep samples of the current offerings in the madison store book. next year i am sure parchmein will be gone and poussiere will be there instead. i didn't see any samples at all of ficelle or fauve. i think there were only four swatches of croc in there. honey, noir, and havanne. maybe one other, can't remember

can we still order poudre croc, or ficelle?