Review Creme de la Mer

anneonimiss said:
Product name/shade: Creme de la Mer

Review: I bought this both to try on my face and on my SO's super dry hands. Lots of ladies swear by this cream, but I was extremely disappointed in it. I used it for several days, and it started to break me out a bit so I stopped. My skin is a bit oily and this product is far too heavy for my skin and it is also very heavily fragranced (which I don't like). My SO won't allow me to put it on his hands anymore as he says it makes him smell like a girl, so I've been trying to waste it by using it on my hands at night. My hands have actually felt drier during the day since I've been using it, but I'm not sure if it's the cream or the weather lately.

Price: $125

Will purchase again: Hell no!

Where to find it: www.cremedelamer.com or a snooty boutique near you!

http://www.cremedelamer.com/templat...?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5778&PRODUCT_ID=PROD2459

Lol!!!!

creme de la mer is a very moisturizing product.. for me it works when I have

been out on a cold windy day.. otherwise, just find it too heavy.. even though

you warm it up between your fingers its still too heavy for me...

I'm using Gel de la Mer, it is lightweight and good for daytime usage. Absorbs in an instant and great under my makeup. Some moisturizers tend to interfere with makeup application as they cause my makeup to 'ball' up if you know what I mean.
However the Gel de la Mer isn't too moisturizing for night time usage. I'm living in a tropical climate and have combination skin. So I'm surprised this isn't sufficient for me. So I tend to put more of it on my face to increase the moisturizing effect but that is such a waste and of course, expensive!!

I love CDLM but the mineral oil probably gives some people breakouts. Also, some people don't realize that you have to warm it up in your fingers for a few seconds, then pat it on, not rub it in.

For those who don't like mineral oil, La mer now has the Soft Cream version which is mineral oil free. It's super soft and you put it on like a normal face cream. I love it but I also love the original as well.

I have only tried the Gel version & let me tell you I hardly experience breaks out and this product did. Happy it was a sample because I would be so disappointed spending that kind of money on a crappy product. Also this product did nothing for moisturizing ..I had to put an extra cream over it. All in all save your money..(actually reverted back to Olay) $8 dollars :smile:

I used CDLM but even though it felt nice it made me breakout. After researching the ingredients i found out that mineral oil is the last thing you'd want on your skin. I'm absolutely in love with MSR H cream from Biologique Recherche. My friend who lives in Paris introduced me to the line. It's one of those beauty secrets of the industry. You can't buy them anywhere over the counter, only spas with their trained skin care therapists can sell them so it was difficult to find them in the states but have had a lot of luck ordering from toskaspa.com With eery order they send me various samples to try so now i have everything I need. I get complimented on my skin all the time since I started using Biologique Recherche skincare. The P50 lotion is also a BR product but that's a whole new thread :smile:

I know a lot of ladies on this thread don't seem to like CDLM very much, but I really love it. I have that annoying type of skin that gets oily on the surface, but is actually super dry. If I use products for oily skin, it dries my skin out even more, and then I flake, but if I use products for dry skin, my face gets too oily during the day and I often get breakouts. Not fun...

But Creme De La Mer works really well for me. Since I started using it, I've never broken out, and my skin is perfectly moisturized. You just have to make sure not to use a ton, and to apply it the correct way. I know it's pricey, but I ended up buying the 8,5 ounce economy size during the Bergdorfs beauty sale, and I basically got it 20% off. I think it's absolutely worth it.

I wish this didn't work so well for me. My skin is easily irritated, but CDLM -- the original -- really keeps it happy. So $$$, but worth it. For me! Uh, @manolos21, please let me know if there's another sale at Bergdorf's. I would definitely stock up instead of buying one small tub at a time.

Closet case said:
I wish this didn't work so well for me. My skin is easily irritated, but CDLM -- the original -- really keeps it happy. So $$$, but worth it. For me! Uh, @manolos21, please let me know if there's another sale at Bergdorf's. I would definitely stock up instead of buying one small tub at a time.

I think they have it once a year. It was one if the spend more, save more things. If you spent 1000, you got $200 off, and then they had a great free gift set too! I think it was around September...

I'm using the Gel moisturizer in the morning and CDLM at night. Using the whole set in the morning but whitening only at night. I'm just wondering, is it ok for 20 year old skin to start w such exp products ? Been using for 2 years now somehow skin improved but should I change as I don't want my skin to get used to it.