Creed Questions - letters, codes, etc. . .

Hello all... Sorry for bumping this thread, but I recently purchased two Coach bags, and neither of them have a style number on the Coach creed... Could these be authentic? They don't even have the No sign before the numbers...

Hello all... Sorry for bumping this thread, but I recently purchased two Coach bags, and neither of them have a style number on the Coach creed... Could these be authentic? They don't even have the No sign before the numbers...
All current Coach bags no longer have the number on the creed. It should be on a small tag sewn into the seam of the pocket.

All current Coach bags no longer have the number on the creed. It should be on a small tag sewn into the seam of the pocket.
Oh thanks for the reply! I've looked all over the internet for this!!! It made me especially worried when my sister told me she just bought a Coach bag that was regularly $500+ at TJ maxx for only $220 but she said it didn't have the style no. on the creed and then she found all these things about TJ's setting counterfeit products... It had me worried for a second even though I purchased both my bags at the Coach store... Phew...

I hate that there is no creed number now. If anything at least it could tell you when the bag was manufactured and style number.
There still is a number, it is just hidden in the pocket. I doubt that most ebay sellers will know it's there or post the information in their listings.
I tried to look up the style number but nothing came up that looked remotely close to my bag... :sad: I know it has to be authentic because I got it from the Coach store...
Where did you try to look it up and how old is your bag? If it is older, it might be harder to find. Also, make sure you are only using the numbers after the dash. The numbers before the dash indicate the date and plant of manufacture. Generally ebay is the best place to look.

We also have a thread for identifying styles: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/id-this-coach-item-post-any-coach-item-355205.html You can give us the style number and we'll let you know, if we know.

There still is a number, it is just hidden in the pocket. I doubt that most ebay sellers will know it's there or post the information in their listings.

Where did you try to look it up and how old is your bag? If it is older, it might be harder to find. Also, make sure you are only using the numbers after the dash. The numbers before the dash indicate the date and plant of manufacture. Generally ebay is the best place to look.

We also have a thread for identifying styles: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/id-this-coach-item-post-any-coach-item-355205.html You can give us the style number and we'll let you know, if we know.
Thanks!

I know some of these posts are kind of old and if anybody could help I would appreciate it. I just bought a vintage coach bag on ebay!! I got a GREAT deal for $20.. anyways I wanted to find out what year it was made in. I know it was made in September and according to the serial its a court bag (which I already knew). Here is the serial No....

No J13-9870

After reading several blogs I can't figure out what year it was made. I can't decide if it was made in 2013 (making it not a vintage AT ALL) or 1991. Oh and it is made in China.

I know some of these posts are kind of old and if anybody could help I would appreciate it. I just bought a vintage coach bag on ebay!! I got a GREAT deal for $20.. anyways I wanted to find out what year it was made in. I know it was made in September and according to the serial its a court bag (which I already knew). Here is the serial No....

No J13-9870

After reading several blogs I can't figure out what year it was made. I can't decide if it was made in 2013 (making it not a vintage AT ALL) or 1991. Oh and it is made in China.
It was made in 2001. The 3 is the factory code.

Help please..white tag with serial no.instead of serial no.in the creed..I don't know how will I know if this is fake or authentic..

This forum has a good Search feature and a LOT of questions can be answered just by using it when you have a general question like that.

The main page here at the Copach forum has a Stickied thread by the thread Moderator titled "Welcome to COACH! Please read me first for Coach basics and FAQs!". Among other Rules and Suggestions, it says:

"Please do a search before posting! Many topics such as cleaning/conditioning, durability of leathers, PCE, outlet info, etc. are covered often and throughly. Try more than one combination of words if the first you try does not work, then post if you feel you have not gotten the info you were hoping for.

Not only does it clutter up the boards to have 100 threads on the same thing, but you will not get much response if a topic has already been covered, as people get tired of answering the same questions over and over. If you want more specifics on a topic that has already been covered, consider posting your question at the end of a thread if there is already one that is highly relevant, rather than starting a new one."

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/welcome-to-coach-please-read-me-first-for-422292.html

Go to the main Coach forum page and use the Search link near the top to look for POSTS, not threads, that include the key words "white tag serial number".

There are 60 posts indexed with those words in the posts. In fact, in a whole series of posts right above yours, the same question was already answered.

If you want to know if a SPECIFIC item is genuine, post at the AUTHENTICATE THIS COACH ITEM thread in the Coach Shopping Forum after reading the Rules in post number One of that thread.

Last edited:

Oh, thanks for this info! My last two purchases don't have a number on the creed. No question regarding authenticity because I bought them at Coach, but I was going a bit crazy trying to figure it out.