Creed Questions - letters, codes, etc. . .

saribeee

Shopping is my sport
O.G.
Sep 17, 2006
Hi,
I was wondering how you can tell what bag/style it is by looking at the creed # in the bag. I remember reading in one of the posts away back that the # indicates what the bag is, but I was wondering if someone could explain it to me
Thanks
Sarah :confused1:

On newer bags, the last 4-5 digits & or numbers are the style number. If you don't know the style name, but have the number, you can try a google, an ebay search or a search on the coach site using the style number. You may or may not get a name.

I did a search and was not able to find my answer so here goes ...

I have 4 Coach bags, same style but different colors, and they have the same Serial number and Model number. All the bags say D3X-9596. Is that an indication of authenticity? Should the Serial number be different for each bag?

TIA!

I have 4 Coach bags, same style but different colors, and they have the same Serial number and Model number. All the bags say D3X-9596. Is that an indication of authenticity? Should the Serial number be different for each bag?

TIA!

If all the bags are the same STYLE, the serial number, ie your 9596, should be the same. That number denote style, not color.

I did a search and was not able to find my answer so here goes ...

TIA!

On bags made after 1994 the second half of the number is the style number and all bags in that style will have the same number regardless of color. The first half of the serial number includes the year code in the center (4 for 1994 up to 3 for 2003, then they began to add a zero - 04 for 2004, etc) with at least one number or letter on either side of the year code. Coach never says what the other digits in the number signify but one of them is probably the plant code.

Counterfeiters will sometimes say in their listing that "you can prove this bag is genuine by registering it with Coach". Well, that's BS. You're not registering an individual bag any more so the serial number will only be rejected by Coach if the counterfeiters are using an invalid style number. There's NO way Coach can tell by seeing a serial number if a bag is genuine or not. All you're doing when you register is getting on their mailing list and possibly signing up for mail - or spam - from their business partners or anyone to whom they sell their mailing lists.

Hi! First time posting here!

I'm in love with a bag I saw at a consignment shop, and after throughly looking it over I noticed a faint "N" stamped on the creed. Does this have any significance?

Thanks!