Creating My Couture Loft Closet

Oh, it is turning out to be absolutely amazing! The stairs are just gorgeous, and the cabinets look great. The chandelier is a perfect addition. I cannot wait to see the end results! We are currently renovating a kitchen (which is a little taste of h*ll, IMO), and I plan to start on a (much smaller) space upstairs in another year or so. Your loft is an inspiration!

I am excited for you. I love to see custom closets and I love how you have done the white cabinets with the glass doors. PERFECT. Can't wait to see the finished product, I am sure it will be amazing.
The cabinets will be a little more off white once they are sanded and repainted. I want a bit of a warmer color and since the first paint job was so bad, (seriously it looks like primer) now is the time to do it.
wow, so much work goes into making a space like that...it's like going up the stairs to heaven.
Yeah you are right. It has only been since last week that I have been able to go up there when I want. Prior to that I had to brave the ladder. Now I am able to go up look around and really start to visualize and plan the rest of the process.
What a fabulous way to make use of that space!! I know it's an unbelievably stressful process, but the end result that is really coming together up there will be so worth it!! Just thinking of all the possibilities must be so exciting!! The staircase is amazing too!! I can't wait to see how you organize everything!!
Thanks MJ it has been stressful. I am lucky that I love my contractor. He is the best. Even with the issues of the cabinetry I know that he will make it right.
Love the pics so far, can't wait to see what it looks like when its finished!
Thanks Alex, me too!

Its soo gorgeous. I love the chandelier!
I searched high and low for the right chandelier for the space and I think I found the very best option. Because we were adding a room basically we had to work with the existing ceiling height which really limited my options. This one fits the size and scale of the island nicely and the shape mimics the pattern of the chair that I am going to bring up after the painting. It is really sparkly too :biggrin:.

Oh, it is turning out to be absolutely amazing! The stairs are just gorgeous, and the cabinets look great. The chandelier is a perfect addition. I cannot wait to see the end results! We are currently renovating a kitchen (which is a little taste of h*ll, IMO), and I plan to start on a (much smaller) space upstairs in another year or so. Your loft is an inspiration!

Oh yeah, I remember the kitchen renovation we did that 2 years ago, lol. We have spent the last couple years tearing apart the house and putting it back together. One of my neighbors said she thought that I must be having an affair with my contractor he was here so often, lol.

I am hoping with this thread to not only give others who plan to do this type of project an idea of what to expect but also what in the end is worth it and what isn't.

I searched high and low for the right chandelier for the space and I think I found the very best option. Because we were adding a room basically we had to work with the existing ceiling height which really limited my options. This one fits the size and scale of the island nicely and the shape mimics the pattern of the chair that I am going to bring up after the painting. It is really sparkly too :biggrin:.

Yes it's so perfect! I love all things sparkly but when it comes to chandeliers, I love it when there is a good balance of masculine and feminine, yours is that exactly, you have really good taste!

I had both windows taken out to maximize my area of cabinet space. I went with custom cabinets and there have been issues with that. Once they are resanded and painted again I think I will be glad that I went that route. I chose glass doors for all my cabinets because I want to be able to see what I have in the cabinet. I also have 2 curious cats that need to stay away from my clothing. I found a nice chandelier on line and it fits the space perfectly. I choose glass knobs for the cabinets in an amber color.

It looks fabulous already! I love your chanderlier and it's a perfect size. Can I move in your closet and play w/ you TDF CL shoes, pretty please? You know me I have regulary routine cleaning in mine so I promise to keep it clean.

Wow, the staircase is beautiful. I can't wait to see the final result.
Thanks peachbaby, it is much nicer than what I looked at in the showroom. It was my biggest concern since it is now a focal point of my master bedroom. I added a lot of upgrades including adding an extra step so that the rise was more comfortable but it was worth it.
Yes it's so perfect! I love all things sparkly but when it comes to chandeliers, I love it when there is a good balance of masculine and feminine, yours is that exactly, you have really good taste!
Thank you. It was exactly what I had in mind when I envisioned the space. I upgraded to swarovski crystals for not a lot extra.
Can't wait to see your finished closet Meg! I'm so jealous! One day when I have my own house I plan to turn one room into my closet :smile:
Thanks Sammi, you are going to need a new closet soon with all the DVF & CL :lol:.
It looks fabulous already! I love your chanderlier and it's a perfect size. Can I move in your closet and play w/ you TDF CL shoes, pretty please? You know me I have regulary routine cleaning in mine so I promise to keep it clean.
Sure baglady anytime!
Love your idea!!! And love the kitty. Can't wait to see the results.
Thanks so much. I can't wait until it is finished. I am pushing the guys to get it done. As I told my contractor last night 4 months for a 6 week project is too long. Especially since I have more clothes and shoes coming in from all the recent sales :biggrin:.

You're doing wonders with that space! You clearly have a great contractor who can take your vision and run with it. Can't wait to see the finished space!
I do have a great contractor. He has done all the work in my house so far and that is a lot, lol. When we started this project he needed to start a new notebook. Since we have worked together on every project the last almost 3 years now we are really in sync. He is really talented and honest. That combination is hard to come by these days.

Keep us updated! I really can't wait to see the end result :smile::smile:
Well the only update is I am waiting for the cabinets to be resanded, repainted and my contractor is going to be out of town for the rest of the week. Hopefully we will be finished next week. My contractor will have to go over all the cabinets and check that they are secured. He found one today that was not anchored. Did I mention that I have had problems with the cabinetry!:cursing: