Crank calls

There is a number you can dial to report the crank call to the police. Don't remember it now, but it's a *--, number. Also if you have caller id, I believe that you can block private calls, so they have to call you with a viewable number present.

Also, you can answer the phone stating that the call is being recorded and record if you can.

But, definately involve the police! In this age of extreme violence these calls should not be taken lightly. Even if they are nothing, better to be embarassed than to be hurt. And the police are there to help you. I went through something like it with my ex, and after the police were involved and I was taping the calls, they finally stopped.

:wtf: Protect yourself. Do not take this lightly, you never know what sicko could be out there...call the police, the phone company...if they have your home phone number they can get your home address. I would not waste anytime, get to the bottom of this.

I'm glad you've gotten the police involved. Be sure to also notify your phone provider, and follow up and lean on both if you need to.

Making crank calls is annoying, making threatening calls is, at least in the US, a crime.

Oh I am so sorry. I hate prank callers! You can block private numbers from calling you through the phone company. We had some calls like that before and just blocked private numbers. We never got another call They were obviously too scared to give us a number. It was actually kinda nice because it also stopped some telemarketers from calling! WHOO HOO BONUS!

I called the police again today. Apparently someone has been giving prank calls with threats to people in our area and the police are on it. It maybe someone's idea of a joke, but it's not very funny at all!

That is terrible - sounds like just some nut but you can never be too careful.

Here's my peculiar way of dealing with pranks that has worked for me and has actually got THEM to hang up LOL .. at least this has worked for me on a couple of occasions .. start reading the bible to them on the phone .. well its freaked a couple of prank callers out on me haha and they hang up. Something they aren't expecting I guess. Maybe not with that hard core death threat type but certainly the perverty ones dont seem to be left in the mood after some of that.

I don't know if this qualifies as a crank call, but last year I kept getting calls from a woman claiming she was my father's daughter. When I denied her she cursed me out and kept calling. I was afraid to pick up my phone.