Cracks on Speedy B

This sucks! I was eyeing this bag..
I live in canada and someone said that the canvas is not meant for cold weather? Anyone heard this? Does the cold crack the canvas ?
I live in Winnipeg and you know how cold that is LOL. I use LV canvas bags many times and they are fine. One has a tiny crack at the fold of the flap but that bag is about 15 years old and been opened and closed tons of time so it could be cracked from use not weather. However canvas gets very stiff in the cold weather.

Reactions: Aoifs
Canvas does get stiff when it’s cold but the real culprit it the plastic coating. Plastic will freeze solid in a short amount of time and if bent it will crack.
Coated canvas in Florida has a different problem. Lack of humidity in a home/closet will dry out the bag and it will also crack.

Reactions: onlyk and Aoifs
Hi everyone, just an update. I received a call from LV today saying that my Speedy has been deemed defective and that I can get a replacement. Do you think I can ask for store credit or will I only receive a direct replacement of the same model? I am considering whether there are other bags that would slightly better suit my needs if I had a chance to reconsider. That being said, it is so practical and overall a great bag to own.

Reactions: noellesmommy
Hi everyone, just an update. I received a call from LV today saying that my Speedy has been deemed defective and that I can get a replacement. Do you think I can ask for store credit or will I only receive a direct replacement of the same model? I am considering whether there are other bags that would slightly better suit my needs if I had a chance to reconsider. That being said, it is so practical and overall a great bag to own.
That's great! What about leather version? Leather version is much more expensive and heavier but won't crack.

Glad to hear they sorted it out for you. I think they should happy to let your swap for another bag if you ask them. I remember when I had defective PM they said I could swap for something else in case it put me off wanting the same bag again.

Whoohoo [emoji120]

Hi everyone, just an update. I received a call from LV today saying that my Speedy has been deemed defective and that I can get a replacement. Do you think I can ask for store credit or will I only receive a direct replacement of the same model?

That’s a wonderful outcome. Normally, you’d be asked if you wanted store credit or replacement. If you opt for the store credit, then you can chose another bag.

Hi everyone! I went into the store this evening to look for a replacement. I looked at the Speedy B again along with the Montaigne, NeoNoe and PM empreinte.

I went with the NeoNoe as it was the closest in size to the Speedy B and I preferred the look.

I will definitely get the PM another time but not as a replacement to a Speedy as it's just not big enough for everyday for me.

Here she is!

20180305_204052.jpg

Hi everyone! I went into the store this evening to look for a replacement. I looked at the Speedy B again along with the Montaigne, NeoNoe and PM empreinte.

I went with the NeoNoe as it was the closest in size to the Speedy B and I preferred the look.

I will definitely get the PM another time but not as a replacement to a Speedy as it's just not big enough for everyday for me.

Here she is!

View attachment 3989968

I’m so pleased you have had a positive outcome. I just noticed a small crack in my speedy b yesterday and will take it in for an assessment this weekend - hopefully I will receive the same outcome IMG_7029.jpg

I had this when my bag was defective. They were able to identify bad batch by my date and factory code. Something like the same ones would have similar defects.
I'm glad they were helpful and supportive .
Fingers crossed for you.
Do you happen to remember the factory or date codes affected? I bought one in March of 2017.

Do you happen to remember the factory or date codes affected? I bought one in March of 2017.
If my memory serves me right it was a DU factory code made at end of Nov 2016. My bag was the PM Reverse so I guess some of the first batches at the time as they had just come out. Deemed defective because the tension on my stitching was wrong some were too tight and some too loose. The tight ones was where the flap open and closes stitch hole began to cracking horizontally because of the overtight tension which was exasperated more from opening and closing the flap. plus some stitching where longer in length than others. They said sewing machine was set wrong or something not right with that particular machine. Also my glazing was chipping and becoming loose.
I have a newer PM mono now. It's holding up well so far. No drama thank goodness. The canvas on this one is considerably a lot more softer. And it don't have that plastic sheen coating over it either.