Covid-19 Quarantine Beauty Tips

Perhaps they’re afraid of losing business.
On a CNBC show the profit, the owner said that color is the most lucrative aspect of the salon.
The margins were insane...
So, I am not surprised that professional colorists want and need our business.
Still love the pampering...Although with the new rules, I don’t know that it will be as enjoyable as in the past...
I am thinking of having her coming to my house..
She can cut everybody hair outside and do the color in the pool house...

On a CNBC show the profit, the owner said that color is the most lucrative aspect of the salon.
The margins were insane...
So, I am not surprised that professional colorists want and need our business.
Still love the pampering...Although with the new rules, I don’t know that it will be as enjoyable as in the past...
I am thinking of having her coming to my house..
She can cut everybody hair outside and do the color in the pool house...

Agree about the business & the pampering goes without saying.. I think it is important for our psyche.
There are many who are now doing their own manis & pedis, coloring their hair (with good results & a fraction
of the cost) but at the end of the day, still enjoy those services..
I also think when we see whatever disinfectant requirements are put into place, we will all have a better feeling
so that may come several weeks or months after salons open . Time will tell & we will all see where it takes us all

Reactions: limom
Anyone have any tips on removing acrylic nails from home? I love acrylics but where I am located in my state, nail salons have been closed since mid March and it could be after august until they reopen again. At this point (because I don't want to even try to do a fill at home, I can see that ending in disaster), my acrylics are so grown out that they need to be removed lol. I also get the gel on top of them.

Anyone have any tips on removing acrylic nails from home? I love acrylics but where I am located in my state, nail salons have been closed since mid March and it could be after august until they reopen again. At this point (because I don't want to even try to do a fill at home, I can see that ending in disaster), my acrylics are so grown out that they need to be removed lol. I also get the gel on top of them.

I have let mine grow out and am filing them flat, from the top, a little every day. Since they’re become thinner 5 have pooped off. They can the soaked off but that takes forever.

I think my skin gets worse during the quarantine because I don't get motivated to make my skin look good when I know I am not seeing anyone, so I am not really following the skincare routine. And I am running out of skincare products but damn it takes so much to receive your orders from a online shop.

I've colored my hair at home for years, so that wasn't an issue for me. I did recently get highlights, so I'll need to have those touched up at some point. I did also get a cut recently - I'd previously just let it go from March to July, but I was also working from home so it wasn't the end of the world. Fortunately salons here are open, with many precautions in place.

I was previously getting salon gel or powder dip manicures & pedicures every 2 weeks. Pedicures aren't such a big deal, I can do those myself, I just enjoy the extra pampering and massage. Manicures are another story. I'm not good at polishing my own nails, and regular polish doesn't hold up on me. I tried at-home gels for a while and couldn't ever get it to work well for me. Game-changer for me has been press-on nails. I was skeptical, but dailybaileyb on instagram changed my mind. They've come a loooooong way since those Lee Press On days. :lol: Dashing Diva (short) or Kiss petites (hard to find sometimes) are my favorites. $9, I press them on, they last about a week to 10 days and look like a salon manicure. Feel no different on than gels or dip manicures. I sometimes use additional glue and I may have to reglue or replace one during the week, but it's so insanely cheap that it's worth it. I was spending $100+ every 2 weeks at the salon and now I'm down to $9. The best part is that I can do it in 10-15 minutes at home without having to go anywhere or set aside an hour.

I started Micro needling my chest around my arm pit area and the back of my arms... that flabby skin area that is such a pain. I used my retin-A after 6 treatments I absolutely can’t believe how much better my skin is doing. I have had bad stretch marks since I was a teen and now I am in my late 30’s.
If you like Micro needling, try it on your body, especially the areas where you have stretch marks!!! Obviously do your research to make sure you have a quality safe product.
The positive I am holding onto is seeing the benefits of my skincare showing!!!!
I also had a strong chemical peel done ✅ and my sun damage is looking SO much better!!!

if your are still stuck I inside... I have a feeling that there’s still time to keep doing science experiments on my skin lol

• Love
One of the best beauty tips I have ever given to anyone is, supplements make a huge difference. I have been taking a liquid multivitamin for years called Nature's Plus Source of Life, in the big yellow bottle.

I put a capful in a glass of organic beet juice each day. That liquid vitamin is amazing stuff. It's green in color & plant based with nutrient dense vitamins, minerals, antioxidants & plant extracts. It gives me energy & I swear it keeps me looking very young. It gives the skin a healthy glow.

Your body absorbs liquid vitamins or powder vitamins much better, then in pill or capsule form. Nature's Plus Source of Life liquid multivitamin is my desert island pick. If I was stuck on one & could take only a few things, it would make the list.

Beauty from the inside out is so important. I love to luxuriate in beauty routines as well but, that product is amazing.

- EURO-LUXE -