Covert Affairs

he had a gun in the first half of the season finale. he shot the woman who was approaching annie and the state department aide in london. there was also one other episode where he had it out, but didn't shoot.

That was in London, though. I think the distinction that Piper Perabo (and the producer in the video I watched on the USA website. I can't find the video now, but I'll keep looking) was making is that typically CIA officers don't carry guns (the way police officers and FBI agents do) on US soil. I was saying that I think the reason for Jai having the gun in the art auction episode was because Joan knew that Annie would go looking for trouble ('cause, you know, it's Annie) and sent Jai as back up. So, the gun would have been necessary at that point. At other times, however, neither he nor Annie have carried guns in the sense that they strap on a holster before leaving for work.

i love this show, and i'm sad it won't be back until next summer. annie needs a little more work in the characterization department. she's too naive, and the cia really needs to give her a gun. i love auggie, and even though i enjoy their friendship, i hope they get together eventually. the guy who plays jai is gorgeous!

I think Annie's naive only because she's obviously new to the CIA but she seems to be fearless and a quick thinker and has a gift for languages. She also is very adventurous!

Auggie is amazing! How does his metal/green light guide stick help him maneuver through the workplace? And how come Annie doesn't carry a purse with her when she's out and about? The actor who plays Jai is from Heroes - Dr. Suresh!

I like the (younger) guys they have on the show because I could imagine any one of them with Annie. She's got the caring friendship with Auggie that could move into romance. With Jai, there was some playful flirtation that, even though he was supposed to interact with her to draw out Ben Mercer, makes me think that they could date at some point. Agent Rossabi also has great chemistry with her, even though he's only been in two episodes.

As far as the light guide for Auggie, I've read that it works by sending pulsing vibrations to his thumb when the green laser light runs over an object. The vibrations let him know that there's something there.

I watch most of the USA network shows: Burn Notice, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Psych, and Royal Pains. I saw Suits last week and like it. I watch In Plain Sight when I'm bored. But, I have no desire to se the new show: Necessary Roughness. I also watched the legal show set in San Francisco that was on last season but I can't remember the name.

I started watching it when it first came out thinking it was going to be the next Alias (which I still miss!!!:crybaby:) but completely lost interest. Not sure why.