Food "Copycat" recipes

Korilynn

My little princess
Oct 25, 2007
I LOVE when I can find a recipe to duplicate my restaurant favorites! I found this recipe that tastes EXACTLY like the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster. I made them tonight, and they are AMAZING! I'm wondering if anyone else has any "copycat" recipes to post?! I got this recipe from abcnews.com!

2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

for brushing on top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
pinch salt

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.

i got this from WBIR's site, which i think is a news station somewhere (i could be wrong). it's the recipe for shrimp portofino from the macaroni grill-never had it myself but heard good things about it. they forget to mention the wine in the ingredients section, but it's used in the directions portion so just wanted to mention that. i'll be trying this myself sometime within the next week.

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh garlic, finely chopped
1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
20 ea Large shrimp, de-veined and tails removed
2 tsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Black pepper
½ cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
4 cups Baby spinach, fresh
3 cups Heavy cream
1 lb. Angel hair pasta, cooked

Directions: In a large, pre-heated skillet, add olive oil, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms and garlic start to brown. Add shrimp, sprinkle with salt and pepper and sauté until shrimp turn white.

Add spinach, lemon juice and white wine to sauté pan. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together well. Simmer for 1 minute.
Add heavy cream and bring to a boil and stir for 3 minutes while boiling. Remove from heat, add pasta and stir until pasta is hot and all ingredients are mixed well.

www.copykat.com used to be an excellent website for these types of recipes. they remodeled it awhile back and now it's harder to find stuff :sad: but generally you can type in a restaurant in the search and it will bring stuff up.

^ I have used this one before, but sometimes the recipes don't quite turn out like I want them to. Maybe it is Cook Error! Haha!
I got a really good recipe for Wendy's Chili from there I think. Maybe I need to dig it out!

TGI Fridays Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 pkg. frozen spinach - thawed and squeezed of its juices.
1 14oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped.

Combine all ingredients. place in a shallow casserole dish.
Bake in 325 degree oven for 20 mins or until warm and bubbly.
Serve with Tortilla chips OR I like it with Crusty Italian garlic bread cut into strips for dipping! YUM Just like Fridays.

1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp. minced garlic

Serve with Tortilla chips OR I like it with Crusty Italian garlic bread cut into strips for dipping! YUM Just like Fridays.

Ditto on this one! I order that every time I go.
*It's on their mon-fri 4pm-7pm appetizer special for $4.00!

1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp. minced garlic

Yummmy, I love this stuff. My ds has a similar recipe. Love it with tortilla chips.

I LOVE when I can find a recipe to duplicate my restaurant favorites! I found this recipe that tastes EXACTLY like the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster. I made them tonight, and they are AMAZING! I'm wondering if anyone else has any "copycat" recipes to post?! I got this recipe from abcnews.com!

2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

for brushing on top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder
pinch salt

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
3. Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
5. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all of the butter. Makes one dozen biscuits.

I tried this one for Thanksgiving and the tailgate the next day. They were a HUGE hit!!! Went so fast.....I made two batches. And I added way more cheese than it called for. Yummy!!! Thanks for posting!:heart: