Contrast stitching anyone?

I absolutely love contrast stiching. i have gold with white stiching, and my next bag will be etoupe, also with white stiching... i find it casual and nice.

you have one of the best collections and such good taste/advice, s'mom.

i can't wait to see what muffin pounces on!

(yep, i think mrss has rouge h with white contrast kelly if i remember correctly)

HermesThalassaKelly3a.jpg

SM, Seems to me that the darker the leather the more casual the piece tends to look with the lighter stitch.

I think it looks absolutely amazing and that it pops the colour. On the contrary I don' thtink it makes it looks more casual, but it also depends on the colour and model in question.

Here is a better/closer pic of BJ contrast stitching. I love it on this color as well as Gold.
I do think the raisin is hot as well:girlsigh:

Attachments

• Nov2007 018.jpg
    Nov2007 018.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 101
I think the leather is a deciding factor with this question. Black box with contrast could be dressy, but white stitching with gold togo would be more casual to me. So color and leather make the difference!
I totally agree... I have a 32 gold retourne togo Kelly with the contrast stitching and the bag seems so casual to me.

I think contrast stitching makes a bag more casual, whatever the colour/leather combo.... Some colours I prefer with contrast stitching : gold, saddle leathers, thalassa, BJ, I also like rouge H Box with white stitching, but I do think it makes the bag more casual, JMHO...

Candace, yup, that's what I meant, although for some reason I do like Etoupe in smooth leather (ie swift as opposed to togo) with white stitching but I really dislike gold with white stitching. It's really such an individual thing though, because I know there are people on this board who love their gold with white stitching, it's just not for me.

This reminded me that my gold Bolide has white contrast stitching. And *stealth reveal* - so does my new etoupe swift Kelly :love: (Kelly photos courtesy of the darling member who sold her to me :heart:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2007 cadena3.jpg
    2007 cadena3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 2007 cadena4.jpg
    2007 cadena4.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 248
  • etoupe swift kelly detail1.jpg
    etoupe swift kelly detail1.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 259
  • etoupe swift kelly outside2.jpg
    etoupe swift kelly outside2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 228
S'Mom, are you referring to MrsS' Kellys? I remember seeing them posted on the Kelly reference thread when I was researching on Kellys. I drool so much over them as I love Box and constrast stitchings!! LOL!

32cm Rouge Hermes Box Calf Sellier Kelly with Palladium Hardware & White Contrast Stitching

28cm Blue Thalassa Box Calf Sellier Kelly with Palladium Hardware & White Contrast Stitching

attachment.php

I think MrsSparkles has two bags with white stitching but I can't remember what colors......one I THINK is Thalassa???? MRSS where are you?!?!?!?! LOL!!!!!

This reminded me that my gold Bolide has white contrast stitching. And *stealth reveal* - so does my new etoupe swift Kelly :love: (Kelly photos courtesy of the darling member who sold her to me :heart:)

Katel -- congratulations on your new Kelly! I :heart: swift in etoupe!! And points for the stealth reveal ;) It's the way to go :ninja:

WOW, WOW, WOW, KATEL!!!!! You cheeky girl you!!!! What a STUNNING addition to your already stunning collection. I LOVE your Kelly........just beautiful!

Power's been down for a while with another storm on the way so this is the first time I've been able to access tPF and I just want to thank you ladies for all your comments......Muffin's been quite busy this past day or two. She can never resist a little something in Rouge H........:angel:

^^^Thank you ladies, you are too kind!

Now to business....."a little something in ROUGE H" .....?????????????

More hints - we need reports of Muffin's progress - I love that a pesky little power outage never stops her! :yahoo: