Contemplating on buying a pair of Rolandos...need input

I must be the only person that finds rolandos comfortable, but I think that this is only because I found my correct size. I recommend that you go to a store and try on a few different sizes in the rolando. I don't think that this is the kind of shoe that you want to order online because I have heard some very disparate sizing recommendations on this shoe.

I had to size up 1 full size for the suede rolandos, and 1 1/2 size up for patent rolandos.
I will tell you that the suede rolandos stretch a lot. The first time I wore them, they fit me perfectly and now they are too big. So keep that in mind when choosing a size.
I actually have a green suede pair that I am thinking of returning since I haven't worn them all this time. But they are really beautiful shoes.

^^^ITA with Kamilla. I went up one full size w/ suede and it has stretched with wear and I went 1 1/2 w/ the patent. I have to use heel grips and inserts in the patent ones b/c the insole is way too big, but my toes are not scrunched in there so I'm happy.

And, I too find my rolandos and rolandes comfy. I might just be used to them, but whatever works right?

gemruby, I have to say sizing is key. One full size up is not manageable with heel grips or inserts, so I only went a half size up for my patent pairs in the Rolando and Rolande and they are both not wearable for a long period of time. In fact, neither have made it out of my house. I tell no lie: I get numbness while I wear them sitting. I only bought them because they were too pretty to pass up. I consider them a must have for a CL collection, but not for practical daily wear.

I actually found the leopard Rolandos to be manageable when I didn't have too much walking to do. The only problem was that they were a half size too big, and even with heel inserts and a toe pad, my right foot kept slipping out of the shoe. I decided to let them go. If I ever purchase another pair, I will know to get a 40.5 instead of 41. I'm actually thinking about the EB Declics and will go with a 40.5.

They're beautiful shoes, though. If you reserve them for wearing on a slow day in the office :P

gemruby, I have to say sizing is key. One full size up is not manageable with heel grips or inserts, so I only went a half size up for my patent pairs in the Rolando and Rolande and they are both not wearable for a long period of time. In fact, neither have made it out of my house. I tell no lie: I get numbness while I wear them sitting. I only bought them because they were too pretty to pass up. I consider them a must have for a CL collection, but not for practical daily wear.

Wow. Me too. I'm thinking I should have gotten a 40 instead of 39.5. And I'm a US 8!
I'm getting a bit worried. I really hope I can stetch them into wearability, they are too pretty to live inside their box. And my husband loves them:shame:...

Wow. Me too. I'm thinking I should have gotten a 40 instead of 39.5. And I'm a US 8!
I'm getting a bit worried. I really hope I can stetch them into wearability, they are too pretty to live inside their box. And my husband loves them:shame:...

Update: Night #2 of breaking-in-around the house. I wore them with hubby's thick sports socks (:shame:smile: last night for about 2 hours (much to his amusement. "How did you manage to make the hottest shoes you own look so un-sexual? :lol:" ). Tonight I slipped them on barefoot and they are 75% better! I'm so excited, I can feel my toes! I can walk without limping! I'm strutting around tiled floors channeling Vic Beckham!

There is hope ladies! They are almost ready to make their street debut! I'm back to recommending Rolandos to anyone and everyone!:yahoo:

Update: Night #2 of breaking-in-around the house. I wore them with hubby's thick sports socks (:shame:smile: last night for about 2 hours (much to his amusement. "How did you manage to make the hottest shoes you own look so un-sexual? :lol:" ). Tonight I slipped them on barefoot and they are 75% better! I'm so excited, I can feel my toes! I can walk without limping! I'm strutting around tiled floors channeling Vic Beckham!

There is hope ladies! They are almost ready to make their street debut! I'm back to recommending Rolandos to anyone and everyone!:yahoo:

Oh that's good news, these shoes are hot but I don't think I could manage, I've gotten used to the ariellatalons but they are booties so taking them a full size up was no problem and my feet need the extraspace after a couple of hours :rolleyes:

Two hours with thick sport socks did the trick? I am willing to give that a try.

Oh I am happy for you! I was reading this whole thread & was sending you my wishes!:rolleyes:

Gemruby, do you have a wide foot? I think that's the probably for me. Just way too tight and I went up half size and whole size was too big.

Does the stretching really work?? That toe box is so small to me. I have a pair that I'm selling because they are too tight but if stretching works maybe I should try it??? The ones I have are Leopard so they may not stretch.

Does the stretching really work?? That toe box is so small to me. I have a pair that I'm selling because they are too tight but if stretching works maybe I should try it??? The ones I have are Leopard so they may not stretch.

It really does. The toe box was so tight on mine my toes went numb just sitting. Now they are completely wearable. And mine are patent - the least stretchable material.