Constance hardware replacement

lswvivien

Apr 29, 2015
Hello ladies!

I would like to replace the hardware of my Constance mini (the H buckle). The leather of the stitched area of the strap is loosening. Does anyone know how much will it cost for both repairs please?

1. Replacing a new H buckle
2. fixing the loosen glued / stitched area of the strap

Thank you so much in advance!

Hello ladies!

I would like to replace the hardware of my Constance mini (the H buckle). The leather of the stitched area of the strap is loosening. Does anyone know how much will it cost for both repairs please?

Nobody will be able to give you an accurate quote here. You need to take it to Hermes for a quote.

Besides great advises given above, there is an extensive thread on spa/repair please do a search and ask questions there https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/hermes-repair-refurbish-policy.7303/page-135
Good luck.

Hello ladies!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the info ladies. I have gone through the repair and refurbish thread. Unfortunately, nothing much about Constance ‘s hardware repair was mentioned so I had to open a new post to see if anyone has tried and could share their experiences...

Thanks a lot ladies !

Reactions: tonkamama
I heard it’s costing around 10% of the bag too...Did you have it replaced in the end ? What was your buckle’s issue ?:sad:
It has scratches. I was told not to do it to wait. Changing the hardware changes the integrity of the bag. So I’ll wait a few years. I put on orange shield to protect the hardware from getting worse. I should have done it as soon as I purchased the bag. I was upset as the bag is only 2 months old. Now I know.

What on earth is an “orange shield”? Why are you going to such extremes to protect it from day-to-day use? Do you not use your sterling flatware for fear of scratches? Do you have clear plastic slip covers made to protect your furniture (yes, some people used to do this!), leave tge plastic wrapping on lampshades?

A handbag, regardless of cost, is made to be used, and use will eventually cause scratches on leather and polished hardware. That shows it’s been used and loved. Relax and enjoy your beautiful bag.

Reactions: FreddieMac
What on earth is an “orange shield”? Why are you going to such extremes to protect it from day-to-day use? Do you not use your sterling flatware for fear of scratches? Do you have clear plastic slip covers made to protect your furniture (yes, some people used to do this!), leave tge plastic wrapping on lampshades?

A handbag, regardless of cost, is made to be used, and use will eventually cause scratches on leather and polished hardware. That shows it’s been used and loved. Relax and enjoy your beautiful bag.
You can relax as well. Orange shield are little stickers made for Hermès bags and their hardware. I can protect my bags from damage If I want to. There is no need for your hostility

A quick search of the H forum will provide info on what an orange shield is:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/plastic-protector-on-hardware.686504/page-6

You will find that there are people who are in favor of keeping/replacing plastic on hardware, and those who believe it is not good for the hardware. This is not that different from people keeping twillys on their handles to protect them -- some people insist on it, others claim it is dangerous, etc.

I think that OP is entitled to cover her hardware if she chooses. Whatever makes one use and enjoy their bags without worry is ok by me.