Hermes Repair/Refurbish policy - Official Spa Thread

Just left one bag for repair in Germany, normal cleaning and reglazing, the SA quoted 6 months...i had done it once even back in aisa it took only 3-4 months, what's all your eta??
It all depends on the workload and extent of work to be done. Some needs to be shipped to Paris hence it takes longer or if an inhouse artisan is available. ETA varies idefinitely.

Reactions: Bag Madam
Hi,

After doing a quick search on the forum, I couldn't find a similar thread except for individual posts.

I thought of creating this new thread to post before and after pictures of Hermes pieces that have been restored/serviced by the Spa with a description of the leather, vintage, work done etc.

I hope this is useful :smile:

Thanks,

I’m following as I have a bag that I bought from a reseller that needs a serious spa treatment! I’m excited to see these before/after photos! I was quoted $1500 to save her - so that tells you what kind of shape she’s in..

I’m following as I have a bag that I bought from a reseller that needs a serious spa treatment! I’m excited to see these before/after photos! I was quoted $1500 to save her - so that tells you what kind of shape she’s in..

Ouch, seems like she really needs it! I hope we get to see great results on this thread :panic:

I found a vintage bag with the exact specs I'm looking for but needs serious treatment. That's what gave me the idea of starting this thread to see what kind of magic can H Spa perform.

Let's wait and see :girlsigh:..

Reactions: 1gunro
Lovely idea!

I have only kept pictures of one example (B35 Prune) and unfortunately no before and after pictures of the corners but if you zoom in, you will notice the bag had deep scratches and spots where the leather had come off. The local artisans were able to make the bag look young and fresh again.

C075B81B-4F1F-4564-AE36-801A02A502D8.jpeg 6225BBB2-427F-48BF-A923-04D9714715B8.jpeg

I brought in bags in worse condition which reappeared in excellent condition but unfortunately hardly ever took pictures.

Lovely idea!

I have only kept pictures of one example (B35 Prune) and unfortunately no before and after pictures of the corners but if you zoom in, you will notice the bag had deep scratches and spots where the leather had come off. The local artisans were able to make the bag look young and fresh again.

View attachment 4534828 View attachment 4534829

I brought in bags in worse condition which reappeared in excellent condition but unfortunately hardly ever took pictures.

Thank you for sharing..
She looks lovely! I've always wanted Prune (and I still do!) but the color is no longer available :sad:

I did the same thing, took a bag to the Spa without taking a before picture to compare. I think I should start doing that from now on.

Reactions: JA_UK
My store had a Prune Lindy this summer, so don’t give up hope, though second hand probably would be the easier option. Hope you can track one down, I adore Prune.

Agreed, every time I regret not having taken pictures. Need to remind myself from now on!

Reactions: JA_UK
Thank you for sharing..
She looks lovely! I've always wanted Prune (and I still do!) but the color is no longer available :sad:

I did the same thing, took a bag to the Spa without taking a before picture to compare. I think I should start doing that from now on.

Also don’t forget Bordeaux which is very similar to prune. :smile:
Anyway back to topic, looking forward to more before and after posts!

I had some pretty bad color transfer on my Lindy from my jeans so I took in to the spa. The whole process took around 8 weeks. The artisan managed to get most of the color out apart from one spot where the stain was especially bad - but overall, I'm satisfied with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_4040.JPG
    IMG_4040.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_4128.JPG
    IMG_4128.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 1,160
I never really took before/ after pix, but I have to say over the years I’ve taken my fair share of bags to spa. One thing really surprised me is how well toile spa’d! People in the know probably can DIY but I was too afraid to. My old gal had jeans color transfer like there was no tmr, but it came back brilliantly, to my utter surprise! The most “useless” leather to be spa, to me, was fjord and Ardennes, because they are so hard wear. I sent them to really fix a couple of corners, but the rest of the bag looked good to begin with. Surely they came back look like new (once again, they were almost perfect to begin with)! And box too! Sent a BBK back in the days to fix corners and it came back like brand new.

The other thing really surprised me, without being a leather expert, is how the reins REALLY refurbish well, and they last quite awhile. If a bag is used on a daily basis, def after a year or two it needs to be spa’d. I don’t quite know what the process is to “reglaze” (if that’s even how it’s called) the reins, but to me, the details like that is what makes the bag looks new or worn.

Great thread!!! Hope to see some amazing pix. :tup: