Consigning with The Real Real TRR

I received the same notice this morning. I have several items on consignment with them, all in the Brisbane e-commerce site. I wish them well for these next 25 days. They are going to need it.
Yeah - I'm really unhappy because I just sent a ton of stuff to TRR, literally 3 weeks ago. I have a lot of warmer weather items so I waited until late Feb to send everything. TRR processed it all, so I know what they are taking but all the stuff I expected back is locked up for a month.
Everything I send goes to their Brisbane warehouse, since I am west coast.

Reactions: CPG
Yeah - I'm really unhappy because I just sent a ton of stuff to TRR, literally 3 weeks ago. I have a lot of warmer weather items so I waited until late Feb to send everything. TRR processed it all, so I know what they are taking but all the stuff I expected back is locked up for a month.
Everything I send goes to their Brisbane warehouse, since I am west coast.
That's not good. As early as three days ago I got an email from my client account representative urging me to gather together items and send them along. Email notice came in as well about the promotion they were having, again urging sales. So I suspect they were blindsided by the president's new rules and by CA deciding on implementing what is effectively martial law in the Bay Area, but what are you going to do?

YIKES!!! .. I am SO glad that I have nothing there!!! For a company who is not doing that great to begin with, boy .. this is really going to be another nail in their coffin. Not that I blame them; they are doing the right thing .. but I do feel bad for folks that have items on consignment there!!!

YIKES!!! .. I am SO glad that I have nothing there!!! For a company who is not doing that great to begin with, boy .. this is really going to be another nail in their coffin. Not that I blame them; they are doing the right thing .. but I do feel bad for folks that have items on consignment there!!!
Yeah and the employees of any retailer in the area, which includes TRR's new retail location in SF as well as their Brisbane warehouse. The Bay Area tech workers are pretty much still working remotely, but anybody in retail was. sent home- most without pay.

Here is what that is about,

At The RealReal we are closely monitoring and aligning with COVID-19 guidelines provided by CDC, PHAC and WHO, as well as federal, state and local officials. In response to the shelter-in-place directives in effect through April 7 in numerous Bay Area counties, we will be temporarily closing our Brisbane, Calif., e-commerce center starting March 17.

One or more of your consigned items is currently located in our Brisbane facility, so we want to provide some additional information on how this will impact your consignment:
● All listed items located in Brisbane will be temporarily unavailable on our site and unavailable for purchase. You’ll see these items listed as “Update in Progress” on your My Sales page.
● All items currently being processed for consignment in Brisbane will be temporarily halted.
● Any items in Brisbane that you’ve requested be returned to you but do not yet show a tracking number on your My Sales page will be returned to you after April 7.
As soon as we are safely able to re-open our Brisbane facility, items located there will be available for sale again on our site and pending consignments will be processed. In the meantime, your items will be safely held in our secure facility. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our FAQs.

Is this why the item I've been stalking suddenly shows up as "Not Available" ??

Yeah and the employees of any retailer in the area, which includes TRR's new retail location in SF as well as their Brisbane warehouse. The Bay Area tech workers are pretty much still working remotely, but anybody in retail was. sent home- most without pay.
True, but it really depends on which type of business the tech folks work in. If no merchandise is coming in, then they can update their systems with data .. but how long with that take??? I'm seeing a lot of companies decide not to proceed with IT projects because they are uncertain about the future, even in the Entertainment business. The only ones that I see that seem (subject to change like anything else) to be continuing with IT plans are the Global Financial Services companies and obviously Insurance companies.

I received the same email this morning. I had sent in a few bags a couple of weeks ago, listing value about $30K. On one hand, if this extends into the summer or longer, I suppose they will not ever be listed for sale and quite possibly I will not get them back. On the other hand, I’m sure my priorities will be completely different if we get to that point. I am worried for those who work in the service economy in sectors that are being shut down, whether explicitly or effectively so.

I received the same email this morning. I had sent in a few bags a couple of weeks ago, listing value about $30K. On one hand, if this extends into the summer or longer, I suppose they will not ever be listed for sale and quite possibly I will not get them back. On the other hand, I’m sure my priorities will be completely different if we get to that point. I am worried for those who work in the service economy in sectors that are being shut down, whether explicitly or effectively so.
If this extends into the summer months, our economy will have taken the kinds of hits it will take decades to recover from, if ever. I think the American people will give the government these two weeks to prove that this is, indeed, a crisis. After that, I suspect we'll have little tolerance for continued draconian measures. People simply cannot live this way long term. Something will have to give.

Last edited:
If this extends into the summer months, our economy will have taken the kinds of hits it will take decades to recover from, if ever. I think the American people will give the government these two weeks to prove that this is, indeed, a crisis. After that, I suspect we'll have little tolerance for continued draconian measures. People simply cannot live this way long term. Something will have to give.
What our healthcare companies (regardless of US, UK, Europe, etc.) need to do ASAP is come up with a vaccine such that this no longer is an issue. Apparently, there are some medicines that have been tested (preliminary basis), but the results were good. What frustrates me about the US Drug market in particular are: 1) it takes them FOREVER to get something to market 2) they way overcharge for the drugs (Canada is about 75% cheaper)!!!

If the Drug companies here (US) do find something and then attempt to sell it for big profits, I truly believe that that will be their demise. Americans are already pretty pissed off about the Drug Companies, especially as it relates to Insulin and other medications for Diabetes. If this goes on for months & months, we will see Financial ruin in EPIC proportions world-wide.

Reactions: CPG and chicklety
What our healthcare companies (regardless of US, UK, Europe, etc.) need to do ASAP is come up with a vaccine such that this no longer is an issue. Apparently, there are some medicines that have been tested (preliminary basis), but the results were good. What frustrates me about the US Drug market in particular are: 1) it takes them FOREVER to get something to market 2) they way overcharge for the drugs (Canada is about 75% cheaper)!!!

If the Drug companies here (US) do find something and then attempt to sell it for big profits, I truly believe that that will be their demise. Americans are already pretty pissed off about the Drug Companies, especially as it relates to Insulin and other medications for Diabetes. If this goes on for months & months, we will see Financial ruin in EPIC proportions world-wide.
Yes, it's looking like a vaccine is the only hope now, because two weeks ain't gonna cut it if this is indeed as serious as the so-called experts say. And we the people are not mentally prepared to accept any loss of life as the trade-off to preserve our economic health and way of life, regardless of the fact that lives are lost every day, in ways that are both natural and tragic. I don't believe, however, that the government/drug companies will charge for the first round of the vaccine. The optics would just be bad for everyone involved.

I’d be surprised to find Canada 75% cheaper on a lot of prescription meds. We have govt. coverage to an extent and I’m fortunate to have extended coverage but It doesn’t cover all drugs and I’ve found many of them to be really expensive.

Maybe TRR made a mistake shutting down it's Brisbane offices so fast? It seems that other online companies are still fully operational and can ship. I realize getting the majority of employees out was necessary but most companies can run with a skeleton crew and still ship items (for now). And with people sitting around at home there are still some shoppers. They could have just stopped consignments and worked with current inventory. I do have a consignment with them and also a payment due so I have no idea what'll happen. If it was a B/K or other high priced item I'd probably be worried and want the bag back.

That's not good. As early as three days ago I got an email from my client account representative urging me to gather together items and send them along. Email notice came in as well about the promotion they were having, again urging sales. So I suspect they were blindsided by the president's new rules and by CA deciding on implementing what is effectively martial law in the Bay Area, but what are you going to do?
I got the same email about consigning and never got around to it thank goodness. I have a return for them and it has been rerouted to NJ. The things you see coming soon is most probably in CA.