Considering a Digital Perm...Opinions?

Man all these AP classes and apps will wipe me out, lol. I am taking ALL 6 periods of AP classes in my senior year. Great! :s I will work hard no doubt, so that's what matters. By no means am I going to try to get a 4.0 GPA because that really doesn't guarantee you anything anyway. There are many other factors. BACK to the hair..hehe, I love it. Does your hair feel any different?

lesparkley ~ Your hair looks great!! Thanks for sharing your pics (by the way, love your Ferragamo bag too!). Please keep us posted.
When my hair grows out i wouldn't mind trying a digital perm but i don't know if it would last... I don't have thick hair. Several years back when i did a "reg" perm, they used the small rollers (can you say poodle?, lol) on me and the perm pretty much fell out within 2 wks.

Last edited:
okay so here are some pictures after washing and styling myself. i just twirled my hair around my finger in sections and let it dry overnight. in the morning, i ran some thicker fuller hair gel through my hair to tame my hair. i think i did a pretty decent job!

permay2.jpg

permay.jpg

OMG I love it. Hmmm mom might be taking me to Korea at the end of summer for a week. yes, only a week :sad: But it's for a wedding and I might be able to go with her. I could possibly get my hair done. I don't know if I would get sick of it though. :shrugs:

lesparkley ~ Your hair looks great!! Thanks for sharing your pics (by the way, love your Ferragamo bag too!). Please keep us posted.
When my hair grows out i wouldn't mind trying a digital perm but i don't know if it would last... I don't have thick hair. Several years back when i did a "reg" perm, they used the small rollers (can you say poodle?, lol) on me and the perm pretty much fell out within 2 wks.

i'll definitely keep you posted as it grows out more. and thanks for the bag compliment; i love my ferragamo too. :biggrin:

definitely look into the digital ceramic perm! my hair is actually less work now than it was when i had to straighten it! it's great becaues a little "mess" is okay and i can just go to sleep with my hair wet and have it come out nicely in the morning.

frosty, if you're worried about getting sick of the look, you can definitely straighten your hair after you've gotten the perm. honestly i've had straight hair for pretty much ALL my life and even though i love how it looks on me, i was kind of getting tired of it. this is just what i wanted: a low maintenance dramatic change in hairstyle. =]

another update (with pictures!):

i've switched products to frederic fekkai's beach hair spray and let me tell you it's made a world of difference! my curls look sexy, beachy, and slightly tousled and are much lighter and softer than when i was using gels and creams.

permay3.jpg

this style is sooo easy to maintain! all you need to do is spray on the beach hair spray and twist the curls while your hair is still damp. once your hair drys, you can lightly spray over them one more time and kinda scrunch the curls a bit and you get very sexy summer hair. i'm loving this! i have a sample of the frederic fekkai's luscious curls spray that i'm going to try to see if i should return the beach hair but i think the beach hair spray is going to be pretty hard to top...

Thanks so much for this post! I've been going back and forth about the perm and am so glad that you posted so many pics of your perm the day of, and after! It makes me so tempted to go get one....

Lesparkley---

Thanks for the advice, how's the luscious curls working for you? I will try the summer beach spray.

i haven't tried it yet. i will in a couple days time when i have time to fix it just in case i do a bad job (i'm usually rushing in the mornings). i'll keep you posted, though!

Is that the wonderful smelling spray you were talking about? :graucho: Must get this! & that Shu Uemura shadow!!!

yes!! the wonderful citrusy, coconutty, vanilla ish scent. =P