Conker reveal

I've had the same Pleathery-esque feelings about my pumpkin...esp. as the colour could be construed as a badly-copied oak!!! It's the structure,shine,and even graining all together conspiring to create a fake-o-phobia!!! argh : / are you still undecided about keeping her?!?

I think your comments are spot on.

I'm not undecided at all, I'm feeling incredibly decisive for once and just booking the courier for tomorrow. She's a sender-backer not a keeper for me!:smile:

Just realised Black Forest will prob be due to hit Outlets later on this year/early next...argh what I dilemma!! I personally prefer leather with texture so I'd vote Conker, but can see why you'd prefer the slightly more berry-ish/pink-hued BF :biggrin:

I've had the same Pleathery-esque feelings about my pumpkin...esp. as the colour could be construed as a badly-copied oak!!! It's the structure,shine,and even graining all together conspiring to create a fake-o-phobia!!! argh : / are you still undecided about keeping her?!?

I don't think she looks like badly-copied oak, Mrsshac, having seen her irl, although I admit that I did find the shininess unexpected! I liked her immediately, though. She really is a very different leather to what we're used to, somewhere between grainy and patent, but I do think she's a serviceable girl and will be very versatile ... Again, it's what works for you ... ;)

Just realised Black Forest will prob be due to hit Outlets later on this year/early next...argh what I dilemma!! I personally prefer leather with texture so I'd vote Conker, but can see why you'd prefer the slightly more berry-ish/pink-hued BF :biggrin:

You're right and I will hold out! Funnily enough this colour doesn't work terribly well with either my camel coat, my trench or my new pink coat and I think the BF will go so much better. I had a cooker Alexa and remember thinking the BF was a slightly lovelier and easier to wear shade when it came out.

I don't think she looks like badly-copied oak, Mrsshac, having seen her irl, although I admit that I did find the shininess unexpected! I liked her immediately, though. She really is a very different leather to what we're used to, somewhere between grainy and patent, but I do think she's a serviceable girl and will be very versatile ... Again, it's what works for you ... ;)

Agreed. I don't think she looks like a fake, she's too well-made. It will be extremely serviceable.
It's a nice-looking bag but just too big.....somehow in this textured leather and a dark colour the Bays looks so much bigger than my oak one

You're right and I will hold out! Funnily enough this colour doesn't work terribly well with either my camel coat, my trench or my new pink coat and I think the BF will go so much better. I had a cooker Alexa and remember thinking the BF was a slightly lovelier and easier to wear shade when it came out.

Ooh - I envy your decisiveness, Cocorose! Well done on that and I hope you get your bf Bays! :smile:

Do you think so? I was just about to book a couriers collection. I think she looks a bit plastic-y and just a bit bulky on me. The Black Forest leather was just delicious.....

I have the BF bays (but not allowed to use her until Christmas) & think the conker is just as lovely, but in different ways. I would love to see the two together, for a colour comparison but the bf is quite floppy and will definitely need my bag organiser. I just love the grainy print leather of the conker Xx

Always in the oak bays, she was such a floppy bag!

Which organiser do you use? I think I'll need one in the Snowball, to avoid her getting creases down the centre, and one in the sycamore sbs for the same reason (evidently a different size!) Am I to assume, from your use of the word "was", that your lovely oak Bays has gone down the road now, btw ...? :crybaby:

I'm sorry this isn't a keeper for you. If you're having doubts, then it definitely needs to be returned. I think without your coat, it will probably look even bigger against your petite frame.

I think you're doing the right thing by holding out for black forest, otherwise you would always compare conker to black forest. Black forest is lovely and it's in soft matte leather, which is such a gorgeously, buttery leather!

I've seen you model some lovely bags that looked even more gorgeous on you...I want to see your new Willow on you now!!!