Confused - what would you do?

Rachie, that is EXACTLY what I find too! And the problem is, what's right one day, isn't recessarily right the next...

And for what it's worth, I think I'd buy the Midnight too, with the option of returning it or selling on the Emerald, albeit at a possible loss. As Tortoise says, if you explain to DH that untimately you'll (probably) just keep one, he should be fine about it!

Last edited:
Tweetinat - best to get the midnight as you have the seven days return policy; that should be long enough to decide between the two? We all know, though, don't we girls, that she'll want to keep both!!?? :biggrin:

I know exactly how you feel. Personally I would buy the Midnight (I think it's nicer than the Emerald IMO) and I am sure I have seem both colours at the York outlet on other bags. Green doesn't go with as many colours as midnight.:nuts:

As for DH, mine is exactly the same and I have had some explaining to do when I sold my Oak Ledbury not long ago. Especially after I phoned every House of Fraser and Fenwicks in order to get it. Doh!!!! But I just couldn't get away with how it wears.:nogood:

So, my advise, all be it a bit late, is to get the midnight and see which one you prefer when you can compair IRL. You could also try this one on your DH......

"I am really undecided which one to keep, which one do you prefer?" Make a big fuss of how important a bag is to us ladies and can't decide between the colours. Men usually have no interest in bags and hopefully he ill just say keep both.

Fingers crossed and let us know what you do.;)

I'm back again :smile: Gosh, I asked for advice and now it seems that I'm going to ignore it all! Please don't hold it against me :shame: ...

I've asked the seller for more pics of the inking and with the much larger pics of the bag in general I have come to the conclusion that although Midnight might be [one of] my HG, THIS midnight isn't the one.

I ADORE the colour, I really do, but I don't think (IMO) that this bag is worth the £ and I will definitely regret it if I went for it.

So where does that leave me with the Emerald - well, I have taken her out of the dustbag and been gazing at her as I've popped in and out all day and I really can't imagine sending her back. I think this whole process has made me realise that I really DO like her and for now, am happy to keep her. That's not to say that I won't keep looking!

So, at 21:12 that is my decision - completely at odds with practically every single one of you but somehow I'm at peace with that decision. Does that even make sense?!

I'm back again :smile: Gosh, I asked for advice and now it seems that I'm going to ignore it all! Please don't hold it against me :shame: ...

I've asked the seller for more pics of the inking and with the much larger pics of the bag in general I have come to the conclusion that although Midnight might be [one of] my HG, THIS midnight isn't the one.

I ADORE the colour, I really do, but I don't think (IMO) that this bag is worth the £ and I will definitely regret it if I went for it.

So where does that leave me with the Emerald - well, I have taken her out of the dustbag and been gazing at her as I've popped in and out all day and I really can't imagine sending her back. I think this whole process has made me realise that I really DO like her and for now, am happy to keep her. That's not to say that I won't keep looking!

So, at 21:12 that is my decision - completely at odds with practically every single one of you but somehow I'm at peace with that decision. Does that even make sense?!

Absolutely it makes sense. If you are happy with what you have decided that all that matters.

Good luck and I hope you stay happy with her.:yahoo:

Good decision, Something else is always around the corner!
I never felt the love with my ostrich mitzy to begin with, now I couldn't part with it.
Why not get a cute little keyring/charm to hang from it?

Great! decision made, now you can start using and enjoying the lovely emerald beauty :biggrin:

Good decision, Something else is always around the corner!
I never felt the love with my ostrich mitzy to begin with, now I couldn't part with it.
Why not get a cute little keyring/charm to hang from it?

Ooooh now there's an idea! Something for me to trawl eBay for when I'm putting the little one to bed of a night :biggrin:

Can't wait tiggernic - just wish my birthday was next month instead of December!!