Conflicted over my preloved emp speedy b purchase!

Update: After much deliberation, I have decided to return the bag. I hate worrying about my bags, so I know I'll drive myself crazy if I keep this one. I will wait for the neo emp speedy to be released (hopefully they will have resolved the glazing problem on the new model). Thank you everyone for your helpful and candid advice--it is one of many reasons why I love tpf! :tpfrox:

I also think your making the right choice. No need for the extra worry of getting strap or handles reglazed. I'd wait for the new model also.

I think you are doing the right thing. Sometimes even "good deals" aren't worth it.

LV said they fixed the glazing issue and if you think about you never hear problems with the mazarines. Hopefully the new ones coming out have a color that you love!

Update: After much deliberation, I have decided to return the bag. I hate worrying about my bags, so I know I'll drive myself crazy if I keep this one. I will wait for the neo emp speedy to be released (hopefully they will have resolved the glazing problem on the new model). Thank you everyone for your helpful and candid advice--it is one of many reasons why I love tpf! :tpfrox:

I think you are doing the right thing. I am going this week to pick up my infini back from repair. I don't know if this will fix it or if it could happen again.

I'm like you, I hate having to worry over bags.

I'm sure you put much thought into your decision. Even if a bag is beautiful, if you have to worry about it, much of the enjoyment is lost. If there wasn't going to be a new release, similar in design, it would be different, but in your case, it's probably worth the wait to get a new version free from glazing issues.

I'm glad you did. I would not be able to enjoy this bag because of the risk of those quality issues so to me it's better to get one new and hope they've fixed the glazing problem. The new colors sound like they will be nice.

May I ask how the glazing on your galet speedy is holding up? I am totally on board with paying for the glazing repair, I'm just wondering if the repair will permanently solve the glazing issue!
I saw that you decided to return. Sounds like the right decision for you. Although I have to say that I bought the Galet when we remodeled our Master Suite and I couldn't rotate bags for several months with them all packed up and stored. The color went with everything. I wore it from July through the end of November every day. I looked it over today and there is one tiny nick in the glazing which I consider normal usage. I have 9 Speedy Empriente bags in several colors. I truly don't understand all the issues people seem to have with this bag. I have examined every single one of them, handles and straps included. None of them with the exception of the tiny nick in the Galet have any problems. The only thing I can think of is that it never gets super hot where I'm at. I truly love this style bag.

Best of luck and I hope you find something else that makes your heart sing!

Well, the #1 reason is it is wrong to lie! I'm a firm believer in you reap what you sew. Also, if you are offering to pay for the repair, there is no need to lie. At that point it doesn't matter.

I guess it's more important for me to be able to look myself in the mirror every day than gain anything from dishonest means.
It's not a lie. It was a gift from yourself to yourself, so as a result you don't have a receipt. The only reason I even add that is because some SAs will deliberately tell you the bag is fake or they don't do repairs for preloved, etc. because they look down upon those who buy preloved. I'm not trying to get a free repair nor would I ever unless the item was purchased from LV and was defective. I'm just saying to say it was a gift because some stores will deny you a repair in general if they know you bought it used.

I saw that you decided to return. Sounds like the right decision for you. Although I have to say that I bought the Galet when we remodeled our Master Suite and I couldn't rotate bags for several months with them all packed up and stored. The color went with everything. I wore it from July through the end of November every day. I looked it over today and there is one tiny nick in the glazing which I consider normal usage. I have 9 Speedy Empriente bags in several colors. I truly don't understand all the issues people seem to have with this bag. I have examined every single one of them, handles and straps included. None of them with the exception of the tiny nick in the Galet have any problems. The only thing I can think of is that it never gets super hot where I'm at. I truly love this style bag.

Best of luck and I hope you find something else that makes your heart sing!

Thank you and it's encouraging to know that not everyone is having issues with their empreinte bags! Your collection must be gorgeous! 😍

I'm glad you did. I would not be able to enjoy this bag because of the risk of those quality issues so to me it's better to get one new and hope they've fixed the glazing problem. The new colors sound like they will be nice.

Hopefully they will do another greige empreinte color at some point! Looking forward to the new model!

I'm sure you put much thought into your decision. Even if a bag is beautiful, if you have to worry about it, much of the enjoyment is lost. If there wasn't going to be a new release, similar in design, it would be different, but in your case, it's probably worth the wait to get a new version free from glazing issues.

Thank you, Havanese. I always appreciate your thoughtful comments (and exquisite taste in bags)!

Hi everyone, I have a dilemma and I need your help! I purchased a galet empreinte speedy b 25 from yoogis that has several noticeable marks on the glazing (strap and handles). Yoogis has offered to give me an additional 10% off since the marks were not disclosed in the description, which I think is very fair. I'm really happy with Yoogi's customer service, and the additional discount makes this bag an even better deal (about 45% less than retail w/ tax). My concern is that the glazing will only get worse over time and I won't be able to have it repaired since I purchased it preloved. If you were in my situation, would you keep the bag or return it? I have always wanted an emp speedy, but would it be better to wait until the neo emp speedy is released this summer?

You don't have to worry at all. The store will take your bag in for reglazing. They will ask your name to connect the repair to your LV account, that's about it. Enjoy!