Confession time: So sorry I've cheated...

I am very glad the Speedy worked for you. [emoji4] I tried on the Empreinte B25 and enjoyed how light it was. I also loaded my essentials within but like what I feared, I found it a bit of a challenge to open the bag when it is on me. As my lifestyle is on the go (full day out with kid), the handheld style, though visually appealing will not work for me and so, I can only carry it on the shoulder or crossbody. Alas, when I do carry it crossbody, I found it added width to my already wide hip. I did really enjoy another bag that I tried on, the LV Twinset crossbody and this was perfect. Very comfortable, stores all that I need and I also tucked in the strap to make it into a clutch. The look is casual but I think it suits my lifestyle. It did not come home with me though as I recently acquired the Brunito Pillow and I thought I should give myself some time to see whether it works. In my efforts to downsize my collection, I am allowing myself only one crossbody but I highly suspect the Twinset might replace the Brunito Pillow. [emoji6]

I too traded in my pillow for the twinset. Never looked back - I love that bag. Holds the essentials but not so big I can load it down. Used it for our Disney trip and barely knew it was there. Hope you find it just as useful.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I too traded in my pillow for the twinset. Never looked back - I love that bag. Holds the essentials but not so big I can load it down. Used it for our Disney trip and barely knew it was there. Hope you find it just as useful.

Great to hear from another Twinset lover! I think I had high expectations from the pillow and having had the Disco which worked perfectly, I thought the pillow definitely is my answer for an ideal crossbody. I did feel more at ease with the Twinset. The strap drop was the right length and access to the bag was easy with the compartments. For the Pillow, I had to do some thinking in terms of which items go to the bottom and even than, my sunglasses got in the way whenever I tried to open and close the bag. I am unsure if it is due to the leather being stiff or something else. I am going to give myself some time and if it still does not work out, Twinset it is.

I had a friend whom also keeps her bags to a number and coincidentally it is also twelve... perhaps this IS the magic number after all? [emoji1]

I agree with the Nuvolato being a summer bag. Since winter is mild and short, perhaps just one winter bag will do? More of all season bags instead? I know you love Pacific a lot and that to me, is an all season color but of course that is just me (perhaps also not entirely right, coming from someone whom is in a hot and humid climate year round). You are wise Diane, I am positive you will know what works. [emoji4]

Sometimes I think that having all these bags are just a sign of the times. I remember growing up when no one had the size of houses and the amounts of stuff we all seem to have now. I think you're right about my best option being all season bags (with the exception of the Nuvolato which is a ten-months-of-the-year bag here, which is nearly all year.

Since retiring three years ago, I feel like I have been on a reoccurring loop of minimizing my wardrobe and then filling it up again. I shop very little where I live but when I'm out of town, I tend to shop a lot. I sometimes get that "I can't get this at home, so I better get it here, or else I'm out of luck" feeling. At 66, I sometimes fear I'll get stuck in a rut (maybe I'm already in one! :amazed: ) so I try things that I eventually discard. Maybe this is just a phase. I do love that the people here are a great sounding board. I get a lot more out of participating on this forum than just insight into BV bags!

I cheated yesterday by carrying my leather "paper bag" clutch! And since I've got my stuff in it, I'll probably cheat with it again today!

Great to hear from another Twinset lover! I think I had high expectations from the pillow and having had the Disco which worked perfectly, I thought the pillow definitely is my answer for an ideal crossbody. I did feel more at ease with the Twinset. The strap drop was the right length and access to the bag was easy with the compartments. For the Pillow, I had to do some thinking in terms of which items go to the bottom and even than, my sunglasses got in the way whenever I tried to open and close the bag. I am unsure if it is due to the leather being stiff or something else. I am going to give myself some time and if it still does not work out, Twinset it is.

I want to weigh in on the pillow. I have one in Argento. For me it's very versatile when I need a secure, light weight bag, small bag. When I wear the pillow, I cut back on the stuff I carry inside. I switch to a small L-zip coin wallet and a small cosmetic pouch. This leaves enough room for glasses and my iPhone. I always wear my pillow cross body on the front for security reasons. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
I want to weigh in on the pillow.

Thank you Mousse. I really want the pillow to work, especially when it is working for so many ladies here. I had only my phone, a wallet that occupied one half of the bag and sunglasses on one side but didn't find it particularly comfortable on the shoulder. Being a new bag and possibly, I imagine I should allow it time for the leather to break in, perhaps.

Thank you Mousse. I really want the pillow to work, especially when it is working for so many ladies here. I had only my phone, a wallet that occupied one half of the bag and sunglasses on one side but didn't find it particularly comfortable on the shoulder. Being a new bag and possibly, I imagine I should allow it time for the leather to break in, perhaps.

I find that I wear my pillow bags cross body almost all of the time. I find it the most comfortable way to wear them if I'm walking around much.

I find that I wear my pillow bags cross body almost all of the time. I find it the most comfortable way to wear them if I'm walking around much.
I wear it crossbody and fidgeted with it the whole time. I then switched to wearing on the shoulder and then it kept slipping off. Crossbodies are my favourite style as I enjoy being handsfree. I plan to downsize to just two card cases, sunglasses and a mini umbrella and see whether it works. Thanks for chiming in Diane. I am trying my best to make it work.

I wear it crossbody and fidgeted with it the whole time. I then switched to wearing on the shoulder and then it kept slipping off. Crossbodies are my favourite style as I enjoy being handsfree. I plan to downsize to just two card cases, sunglasses and a mini umbrella and see whether it works. Thanks for chiming in Diane. I am trying my best to make it work.
I get how much it's causing you trouble. I love the look of the cervo but I can't wear that style because where the weight of it falls give me neck pain. I had to give up regular shoulder bags years ago because of neck pain. I've healed enough to wear a bag on my shoulder for a very short period of time but not for several hours.

I get how much it's causing you trouble. I love the look of the cervo but I can't wear that style because where the weight of it falls give me neck pain. I had to give up regular shoulder bags years ago because of neck pain. I've healed enough to wear a bag on my shoulder for a very short period of time but not for several hours.

Oh no, I am sorry that you had pain issues too. Recently, I am starting to feel an ache on my shoulder. It aggravates when a crossbody is heavy. I am guessing perhaps a crossbody bag tends to drag the weight down? However, the pillow is so light, so it did not seem right that I should feel the ache. If I ignore it, the pain then stretches to the base of my neck and then starts pulling which meant that night will be a sleepless night. Thankfully, the medium Veneta and Campana are still fine. I am surprised that the Cervo's wide strap ended up not working for you too (I had the impression this is an easy bag to use) but your experience with the Cervo also made me realise perhaps the Pillow was not meant for me too.... which is a real pity. [emoji22]

I have bursitis in my right shoulder so I have to watch the weight of my bag. If I use a bag with 2 straps the weight is distributed and easier on my shoulder. A single strap makes all the weight in one spot.

I have narrowed my bags to 12 and I want to keep it there. So when I buy a new bag Ii have to get rid of one or give it to my daughters. I'm not familiar with the LV Twinset but I'm going to check it out. The Bvettes on this forum give the best advice on bags. I have bought some bags from your recommendations and I haven't been disappointed yet. Now that I have a smaller collection I think harder before buying something new.

Oh no, I am sorry that you had pain issues too. Recently, I am starting to feel an ache on my shoulder. It aggravates when a crossbody is heavy. I am guessing perhaps a crossbody bag tends to drag the weight down? However, the pillow is so light, so it did not seem right that I should feel the ache. If I ignore it, the pain then stretches to the base of my neck and then starts pulling which meant that night will be a sleepless night. Thankfully, the medium Veneta and Campana are still fine. I am surprised that the Cervo's wide strap ended up not working for you too (I had the impression this is an easy bag to use) but your experience with the Cervo also made me realise perhaps the Pillow was not meant for me too.... which is a real pity. [emoji22]

It wasn't the cervo strap that was the problem. It was that the weight of the bag with stuff in it, hits too low on my body. It was at my hip. It was the downward pull of that weight that was bothering me. If I could have worn it cross body, it might have worked as the weight would be distributed differently. With the pillow bag, I'd have the same issue of the weight being at hip level if it were longer and loaded with stuff. Since it's small and fairly light and I distribute the weight across my body, I'm ok with it. When I wear a parachute or other tote on my shoulder, the weight is up under my arm so I don't feel a heavy pull. But even then, I only carry them that way for awhile and then carry them as totes again. My pain was mainly in my neck where it met my shoulder. It began at least ten years ago and I gave up many bags I loved since most of them were shoulder bags. I think that weight on one shoulder throws my body off kilter.

I think that weight on one shoulder throws my body off kilter.

Ah... It makes sense. I feel the pulling whenever I use my large totes or large crossbody. I assumed it was because I had been carrying too much for the past eight years in these large bags...which led to it. These days, when I need to carry more, I need a backpack to distribute the weight and also share some load with the kid with his own backpack. I shall try adjusting the Pillow's length to make it sit higher and see how it works out. Thank you Diane.

I have to give another shout out for the twinset. Wore it all day today at mackinac and it was quite warm. Even did an 8 mile bike ride with it. No discomfort at all. I too suffer from shoulder issues from years of overuse.

Not saying it's for everyone, but I have found it to be the perfect crossbody for outings such as this. Carried hand sanitizer, 2 lip balms, small BV card case, phone, sunscreen, keys, mints and few other small items.

Just for fun, here's a pic. (Although not the best). [emoji6]IMG_1469566304.839060.jpg