***Comparison of MB's BB 105 and CL's Pigalle 100***

tangerine21 said:
I am actually quite surprised that the heel of the Pigalle is so much more chunky than the one of the BB. Louboutin is known for his sexy flair, and I am amazed that he did not use a fifi-esque heel on his signature Pump!

Can you imagine teetering around on a 120 super skinny heel it would be hard not to snap them with a single step lol.

IMO- the BB looks more comfy but I just love the toe box (shape) on the Pigalle even if it is less comfortable!

Can you imagine teetering around on a 120 super skinny heel it would be hard not to snap them with a single step lol.

IMO- the BB looks more comfy but I just love the toe box (shape) on the Pigalle even if it is less comfortable!
Loubiwhirl,

I have just worn my casadei blades which have a 120-130 metal heel and felt perfectly safe, no sense they were going to snap. I agree however that other shoes, some with much lower heels feel unstable and flex a lot, so I don't buy them. I've always found MB to be so well balanced and sturdy no matter what heel I always go back to him.

I do also have a pair of Pucci boots with a 120 metal pin heel which actually seem quite robust, although I've only worn them a couple of times.

Loubiwhirl,

I have just worn my casadei blades which have a 120-130 metal heel and felt perfectly safe, no sense they were going to snap. I agree however that other shoes, some with much lower heels feel unstable and flex a lot, so I don't buy them. I've always found MB to be so well balanced and sturdy no matter what heel I always go back to him.

I do also have a pair of Pucci boots with a 120 metal pin heel which actually seem quite robust, although I've only worn them a couple of times.

Agree with MB's shoes being very stable :yes:

I haven't found this on other designer's thin heels, but Louboutin's Fifi and other similar shoes with a Fifi-esque heel are really unstable... and I'm only 100-105lbs!!! Plus I always try to walk as straight as possible without leaning against the heel at a dangerous angle. So I don't think it's because of my weight or way of walking that's teetering the thin Fifi heel.

Loubiwhirl,

Thanks thats definitely something to think about.. May have to be my 1st MB? :biggrin:

I just returned from a vacation trip to Las Vegas and found out that the BB's are on sale at the Manolo store in the Wynn......the black patent, blush, and hot pink patent ones are on sale.....I picked up the Blush for $344 plus tax...:graucho:

I just returned from a vacation trip to Las Vegas and found out that the BB's are on sale at the Manolo store in the Wynn......the black patent, blush, and hot pink patent ones are on sale.....I picked up the Blush for $344 plus tax...:graucho:

thanks for the info, the blush is that the suede one? If yes, the color is so pretty, congrats!

Do you have to know what sizes were available in 35 or 35.5?
Thanks!

Would you mind sharing what sizes your pigalle & bb are?
Pigalle 100 in sz 34 is a perfect fit for me. I guess I'll need 34.5 in bb, which would be very hard to find..
Btw I do own a pair of MB "sth blue" in 35, but I have to pad them for them to work.
TIA!

thanks for the info, the blush is that the suede one? If yes, the color is so pretty, congrats!

Do you have to know what sizes were available in 35 or 35.5?
Thanks!

Hi:

The ones that I got is the pink blush patent....not sure what sizes they still have...give them a call...it's the manolo boutique in the Wynn Las Vegas...MY SA is Jack Pfate....good luck!!!!:biggrin:

Oh you lucky thing, congrats, just the one pair, that was very restrained at that price.

Hi:

The ones that I got is the pink blush patent....not sure what sizes they still have...give them a call...it's the manolo boutique in the Wynn Las Vegas...MY SA is Jack Pfate....good luck!!!!:biggrin:

Thanks, I just called them for my sizes and they only have a couple of cork versions of which I'm not the greatest fan.

Anyhow, thanks again :smile:

Pigalle 100 in sz 34 is a perfect fit for me. I guess I'll need 34.5 in bb, which would be very hard to find..
Btw I do own a pair of MB "sth blue" in 35, but I have to pad them for them to work.
TIA!

if you read my original post, i mentioned about the sizes and relative differences in comparison

Shoe twins!

Great review, CEC! I think that this will be so helpful for people trying to decide between the two. I don't have Pigalle because I found them so uncomfortable, but compared to any of my CL's, Manolos have always seemed just a little more well made and a little more comfortable. It is like CL's are designed to look amazing and MB's are designed to actually be worn. Love them both, just for difference occasions.

Anyway - well done!

TIA!

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
My actual size for the BB is 35 or 35.5.
As for the Pigalle 100, I also take either 35 or 35.5.

Neither the BB or Pigalle is a perfect fit for me since for both brands, their 35 is slightly too small and the 35.5 slightly too big.

However for both styles, I ultimately prefer the 35.5 to make the story short and sweet lol. Even so for the same size, like I mentioned in the original post, the Pigalle is still 1/4 - 1/2 size smaller relative to the BB.

So yes, I think the 34.5 would be best for you, but if your Hangisi is doable with some padding, 35 should work fine as well. If you absolutely need the 34.5, try calling the MB boutiques. I'm sure they have a much better selection of the smaller sizes :yes: Good luck!