Common Ebay story

oh gosh i feel so lame...what do u mean by pulling the item number up? i can only see it in the right top corner and its not clickable or anything...thx! sorry for being a pain :crybaby:

It's ok

When I say pull up item number

go to ebay search and type in the item number.

The listing appears. Then go to very bottom of page.

If you paid with a credit card, when you get your statement...go to disputes on the back of the statement. Same thing happened to me on www.Kennebunkportbags.com. Says that they will refund your money. However, I can't get them to answer the phone or email. Neither will they answer for my visa company. Sorry that this has happened to you.

Yes! I've been on top of it, but there doesn't seem like I can do much more? I've reported it to both ebay and paypal and i have open disputes, but other than that, what else can i do? I received her contact information, but, no surprise, the name didnt' match up to the one on her shipping and the number given wasn't even a real number. what else can i do? I'm a student and $400 is a lot of money for me.

Do you usually get your money back when you've escalated to paypal claims?

And another thing - i also filed an ebay dispute but it looks like the seller has to respond to it. what if the seller doesn't respond? does ebay go forward anyway?

Also, I paid not by credit card, but by debit card. Do you think I still have a way of getting my money back? should i contact the bank of america ppl?

I once bought a nasty fake using my BoA Debit card and they were actually great. I called the 1800 number and told a representative what had happened and they mailed me a bunch of paper work & an affidavit to sign. I faxed and mailed (just to be sure) the paperwork back and received a full refund within 2-3 weeks. I think I paid about $200 for the bag, I should have know better!

If you initiate any type of chargeback with you bank/CC paypal drops your claim like a hot potato.
I would see what paypal decides and if that fails go through your bank.

I once bought a nasty fake using my BoA Debit card and they were actually great. I called the 1800 number and told a representative what had happened and they mailed me a bunch of paper work & an affidavit to sign. I faxed and mailed (just to be sure) the paperwork back and received a full refund within 2-3 weeks. I think I paid about $200 for the bag, I should have know better!

If you initiate any type of chargeback with you bank/CC paypal drops your claim like a hot potato.
I would see what paypal decides and if that fails go through your bank.

Yes, I think you will get your money back. It just might take a week or two.

Is that your negative? If so GOOD FOR YOU!!

I reported that Gucci bag AGAIN as I see it is still up!

I think you have done everything correctly so far. Just have to wait.

Keep us posted!

Oh my gosh! What is wrong with the world!!

I am sorry you have to go through this and deal with PayPal.

That is UNFAIR!!! You said she used different pictures, so even if you did have the auction listing authenticated here it would not have mattered (as the bag pictured was not the one that arrived).

Grrrr! I keep reading about how sellers guarentee a refund on authenticity issues, yet seem to disappear after auctions :sad:

Please keep us posted Mirage and let us know every single step. This seems to a repeat pattern with ebay sellers.

can anyone give me advise, i bought a lv bag from a seller for $1000 i just got it checkd over by lv in london to find out its a fake!!, whats worse i paid vith my bank card via bidpay, i contacted her and explained, she told me to send it back and will refund me, so i emailed her for her full company address and this was 5 days ago, she wont reply
eBay.co.uk: Authentic Louis Vuitton Manhattan PM Handbag Bag (item 260065897550 end time 21-Dec-06 04:29:20 GMT)
i haev just noticed she has another one on although mine is a pm not gm
im in the uk shes in new york, im really upset as it was a gift from my husband. if i escalate it ebay will only pay approx £120
has anyone any advise pleeeeeeez
http://cgi

can anyone give me advise, i bought a lv bag from a seller for $1000 i just got it checkd over by lv in london to find out its a fake!!, whats worse i paid vith my bank card via bidpay, i contacted her and explained, she told me to send it back and will refund me, so i emailed her for her full company address and this was 5 days ago, she wont reply
eBay.co.uk: Authentic Louis Vuitton Manhattan PM Handbag Bag (item 260065897550 end time 21-Dec-06 04:29:20 GMT)
i haev just noticed she has another one on although mine is a pm not gm
im in the uk shes in new york, im really upset as it was a gift from my husband. if i escalate it ebay will only pay approx £120
has anyone any advise pleeeeeeez

Oh my goodness!! You poor thing!! How embarrassing to take it an LV boutique and be told it is a counterfeit :crybaby:

GRRRRRR!!! THIS SELLER MAKES ME FURIOUS!!! I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!
CLICK ON THE AUCTION LISTING!!! THE SELLER HAS BOXES, BAGS, AND FAKE RECEIPTS!!!!!!!!!!!
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Can you contact your bank about a charge back? When did you take it to the LV store?
If your credit card company needs written proof you can have it done through My Poupette. They charge, but it is well worth it.

IF the seller doesnt contact you let them know that you will be filing a charge with the United States Fraud Department. I dont know what to do. Maybe that isnt the right step. Veteran tPFers need to let you know how to proceed :confused1:

Email them and ask where they got the bag from.

If you have their name, you can look up their US phone number and address (provided they are listed) from this website:
AnyWho: Internet Directory Assistance; Yellow Pages, White Pages, Toll-Free Numbers, Maps and Directions

Oh my goodness!! You poor thing!! How embarrassing to take it an LV boutique and be told it is a counterfeit :crybaby:

GRRRRRR!!! THIS SELLER MAKES ME FURIOUS!!! I AM SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!
CLICK ON THE AUCTION LISTING!!! THE SELLER HAS BOXES, BAGS, AND FAKE RECEIPTS!!!!!!!!!!!
:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Can you contact your bank about a charge back? When did you take it to the LV store?
If your credit card company needs written proof you can have it done through My Poupette. They charge, but it is well worth it.

IF the seller doesnt contact you let them know that you will be filing a charge with the United States Fraud Department. I dont know what to do. Maybe that isnt the right step. Veteran tPFers need to let you know how to proceed :confused1:

Email them and ask where they got the bag from.

If you have their name, you can look up their US phone number and address (provided they are listed) from this website:
AnyWho: Internet Directory Assistance; Yellow Pages, White Pages, Toll-Free Numbers, Maps and Directions

i went just over a week ago to the boutique,i had to make a special journey as it is far from where i live, i was totally ashamed, i even tried to explain that i had bought several pieces off their internet the last time was at christmas a belt for my husband, but by judging the look on her face( the shop assistant) didnt believe me. i rang my bank yesterday, to hear that they cannot do anything because i allowed the money to come straight from my bank rather than a credit company, but i did get an email from her today not thru ebay but aol giving me her address. im going to send it but will take lots of photos and will have to wait to see if she refunds me. the annoying thing is, is that we are going to new york for christmas and to see the new year in but i cant wait that long to deal with this. im so ashamed that i allowed myself to fall for it, im normally on the ball.
thankyou for replying