Comments on bag I'm considering Please.

It reminds me of something I might see in SoHo or LES. If you are not familiar with these areas of NY, I can best describe SoHo as downtown chic. LES has a little bit more of a gritty field - maybe a little grunge/rock/hiphop depending where exactly you are. The are is changing, but that is my gut reaction of LES.

The bag to me is okay, but I may be biased for my passion for darker shades of brown. Are you reccommending this for me or are you considering for yourself?

I didn't know black could look so unique. I liked the tooled design on the front and the croc? embossed surprise on the sides. Would you do me a favor and tell me approximately what it costs and where you found this delight?

How would you plan to use the above? work? club? shopping? art party? Something else? I like how the pattern really stands out.

I believe the brown tooled option I am interested in is designed to look more antique with its shadings of brown. I apologize that the brown bag I am interested in is behind the black bag in the picture - so we can't see what it looks like in full. We are supposed to guess that the brown and black are very similiar just different colors.

The bag was from elux (Designer Handbags, Clothes, Designer Shoes and Louis Vuitton at eLUXURY) and has now sold out - I don't know if it's also sold out at all the Etro boutiques and elsewhere, though. It was about $1,000, if I remember correctly and was also available in brown.

Forgot to mention that it also has a gorgeous turquoise lining! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I don't normally go for hand/crook-of-the-arm held styles, but if I had made an exception and bought this bag, I'd have used it for work, primarily, as well as other daytime activities, like shopping. :biggrin:

I agree that it's somewhat remiss of them to not show the whole of the brown bag (although not your fault, at all, of course! :biggrin:). :shrugs:

Switzerland, what's LES? I was curious as to whether you'd like that Maxx NY or not. I'm not looking for a new bag, being a bag browser rather than a bag buyer. Have you seen the Tano line of bags?

View all Tano Handbags including hard to find Dumpling, Guerilla, Banana, Shopper, and French Kiss

LES = Lower East Side

I am not familiar with the Tano line. I like some of the names of the merchandising like sex bomb. I like the color of the orange "boogie bucket" Although I appreciate the size of a good bag. I hate digging too deep for stuff especially in a soft bag. I am not sure why, but I like the jigsaw bag of mainly chocolat hue with caramel trim (it is on the last page of the above link) I like the shape of the horseshoe bag because it looks comfortable. this is somewhere in betwen.

Why a browser, not a buyer?

The bag was from elux (Designer Handbags, Clothes, Designer Shoes and Louis Vuitton at eLUXURY) and has now sold out - I don't know if it's also sold out at all the Etro boutiques and elsewhere, though. It was about $1,000, if I remember correctly and was also available in brown.

Forgot to mention that it also has a gorgeous turquoise lining! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I don't normally go for hand/crook-of-the-arm held styles, but if I had made an exception and bought this bag, I'd have used it for work, primarily, as well as other daytime activities, like shopping. :biggrin:

I agree that it's somewhat remiss of them to not show the whole of the brown bag (although not your fault, at all, of course! :biggrin:). :shrugs:

Well I guess I can dream about owning something like that in the future;)

LES = Lower East Side

Why a browser, not a buyer?

Thanks for the clarification about LES. Until a year ago (and I'm 51), I had virtually no interest in handbags, and am still at the "admiring from afar" stage. The most expensive bag I've ever owned (and incidentally never used), was a leather (at least I think it was leather) bag costing approx US$50 bought on holiday in Turkey over a decade ago.

I have this Cole Haan in the black and just LOVE IT!! I scored it on sale at Bloomie's website for $260, but NM still has it. Unfortunately they don't have it on sale, so it's $375. The leather is soft and yummy!!!

NMV8637_an.jpg
NMV8637_mn.jpg

Thanks for the clarification about LES. Until a year ago (and I'm 51), I had virtually no interest in handbags, and am still at the "admiring from afar" stage. The most expensive bag I've ever owned (and incidentally never used), was a leather (at least I think it was leather) bag costing approx US$50 bought on holiday in Turkey over a decade ago.

If you can download a pic of the most expensive bag, maybe we can figure out a way for you to use it. It seems like such a waste if you never ever use it or try to sell it. If you don't have that capability to download pictures, try to describe it (color, shape, size dimensions.)

I have this Cole Haan in the black and just LOVE IT!! I scored it on sale at Bloomie's website for $260, but NM still has it. Unfortunately they don't have it on sale, so it's $375. The leather is soft and yummy!!!

NMV8637_an.jpg
NMV8637_mn.jpg

Thank you for sharing what looks like a classic bag with a little personality. 375 is out of my budget now, but something to consider for the future.

^^^Keep an eye on Nordie's sales page on their website. They usually mark Cole Haan bags 50% off at the end of the season. I've even seen Cole Haan bags on the Nordies website sales page for under $200! I'm still kicking myself for letting one particular bag get away from me earlier this fall!:crybaby: