How should we organize the Color Reference Section

• By Color

• By Year/Season

• Neither- (please explain)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I think we should do.

Organize the pictures threads by color, and then have one reference thread which I will create that goes through each of the colors by season. This would serve as a way to get all of the information out there!

Finding an easy way to sort of do both is great! One final suggestion from me: In the year thread, pleeease post a couple of pics of the whole bag, not just a color swatch! It's more fun to see the colors in bags.

F
If grouping by color is the consensus, you could still (without reinventing the wheel) have a BRIEF, separate section that merely lists, by year/season, the colors produced and notes the hardware produced. It would be a one time LIST, only to be updated as new seasons come. Then you would have a sort of cross-reference within the forum, but pics only in one location. Just a compromise suggestion, for what it's worth. If you picked a blue, for example, from a year you feel has desirable leather, you could then go to the pics and compare your blue to all others.

I think this is a great idea!

I voted [2].
We always explain colors to each other by saying its year. Plus, many bal colors are very complex (even crossover) to be easily categorized. And do we really want a thread with 207 types of blue, another with 157 reds and a thread with only one type of orange? sniff sniff, poor lonely orange 04!
agreed.

It's a tough choice, but I voted for season/year. I think it's easier to spot 06 red, rather than going through a ton of reds grouped by color. But I really like rollergirl's suggestion.

Here is what I think we should do.

Organize the pictures threads by color, and then have one reference thread which I will create that goes through each of the colors by season. This would serve as a way to get all of the information out there!

Perfect!

I voted for 2, but now I am thinking maybe I should have voted for 1... as long as we can mention what year each has come out. Jag, girl, you've been busy! Thanks for all your hard work!

Thank you! Let me clarify, you would post it like this:

2006 Ink City or even S/S 2006 Ink City
then post the pic

That way you reference everything.

I voted by COLOR!:tup: As a newbie, I don't look for the season or year because I'm too new to know any better, so I look at the color and style because that's how I base my decision on which one to get! The modeling pictures are really helpful too. :yes:

I'd be fine with color, but what would you do with something like Anthracite or Ink? My Anthracite is blue, my Ink is purple. Other people have gray/green Anthracites and blue Inks.

As long as the solution to this makes sense, I'm good for it!

At first I really wanted by season, but after thinking I think organizing by colour would be more useful and having the one single thread that's locked down that shows an example of a bag in each colour organized chronologically would be a great compromise. Perhaps to take care of people's concerns of the chameleons, perhaps one of the "colours" could be labelled "chameleons" to hold all the inks and anthracites.

Status
Not open for further replies.