Come Talk to Kooba

COMMENT/QUESTION:

Ask Kooba: Kooba is so well known for its dominant hardware (something I hope never changes!) and it's distinct styling. I think I could spot a bag on the street not knowing Kooba had released new styles and know it was a Kooba. I also notice that you usually get a 'mixed' assortment of styles, some you could easily wear to work, some more casual and some that would work equally well in both situations. I've always wondered if this was a conscious decision on the part of the designers. Is it? Whatever it is, I hope that doesn't change!

Hello Ask Kooba,

This is a great feature! I love your older styles like the Jillian, Annie, Ginger and Brynne. Any chance they will be released again? Vintage Koobas are very popular on E-bay.

Thanks!
Hi Everyone!
Yes, we hear you! Those are, of course, some of our favorites too!
With regards to bringing the old styles back (Jillian, Annie, Ginger, and Brynne)....we are currently working on some anniversary/vintage kooba styles - stay tuned! I can't give away which ones yet, so look for some to be reintroduced in upcoming seasons. Remember that we work very far in advance in developing the bags (up to a year), so it won't be for the next season - as it's already been put to bed. Don't worry - you'll see them soon enough!

Wow....to have an open line to Kooba is a BIG BIG deal. Truthfully you lost alot of us due to lack of custumer service or gap in consumer relations.

I have bought multitudes of Koobas in the past. What would bring us all back is if you re-introduced those old leathers. Thick, chewy, distressed leathers that reeked of quality. Your new bags past 2006 season took on thinner cheaper quality and it hurt your customer base in the purse forum severly. Sorry for being so honest.

The Brynne, Siennas, Paiges, Jillians, Maria, and Carlas had To Die For leather. It's hard to watch prices rise and quality decrease so we defected. Can we look forward to seeing some nice leathers come back. It was very distressing to see each new season of bags come out with the same bag designs showing cheaper leather; The Natashas and Elishas as an example.

You bring back the leather love and maybe the 75 or so Koobas I bought and sold won't be in vain. I would come back in a second.
This is a reply to Lexie and all the other Purse Forum girls on this thread that have mentioned missing the older leathers.
We're so sorry that the newer leathers haven't appealed to you as much. It certainly wasn't our intention to alienate our earliest and devoted fans!
kooba is a fashion-forward trend line, and starting in 2006/07 there was a movement towards less distressed and more refined leathers. There was also a movement in the market to incorporate much more saturated color into the bags. This has been the primary driver of the shift in the look of the leather. By no means are the leathers that we are currently using, or have been since 2006, been less expensive. You are still getting the higest quality Italian leather at kooba....this has not changed.
As it turns out, there are a lot of vintage inspired, more natural leathers that are very reminiscent of the early kooba leathers, that have begun to reappear in the trend forecasts for Fall. We will certainly be incorporating these into the upcoming seasons!
Most importantly you should know that we've heard you, and believe that it's important to keep those elements in the line that made kooba what it is today - beautiful leathers, distinctive, yet easy styling and a caual, effortless sensiblity that can take women like you through all the various aspects of your day.

I am SO excited to see this! I'm stilling reeling (pleasantly) from my very positive CS experience with the wonderful Ada at Kooba and now this!

To be frank ...we've lamented for years now that Kooba seemed to be so distant while other designers/brands were so accessible and concerned about their customers.

A wonderful move, Kooba. Welcome to the forum - we're so glad to have you! :balloon:
KoobaMe,
We are so glad to finally be communicating with all of you! Hopefully, you'll get some of the answers that you've been wanting.
Ask Kooba

Wow! I can't believe it! Yay! I would love to have my two cents heard about what is happening with Kooba. I have always been a loyal fan, and I own two older Koobas myself....the Sienna and the Jessie. I would love to see the ultra suede lining come back and the fabulous leather that graced the bags of four or five years ago. Thanks!!!!!!!!
!
Hello, Compass Rose,
We've actually just changed our lining to a much more rich, cotton/poly satin for Spring. We LOVE this new lining, and hope our customers will too! We've also changed our dust bags to the same beautiful fabric. We hope you like the update!
Ask Kooba

How about a black, studded bag in the Ada-type leather only not quite so heavy??? I would kill for one of those. ;)
Hi Grace123,
It's interesting that you mention how heavy the Ada was....everyone here agreed that it was one weighty bag! We've definitely been sensitive to this, and we've made sure that every bag is a reasonable weight. We don't want anyone breaking their backs for the love of their kooba bag!
Thanks for the call-out!
Ask Kooba

Hi KoobaMe,
I need to look into this one and get back to you (the Red leather question). As soon as I have an answer, I will respond in this thread.
Ask Kooba

Regarding your hardware question, the hardware generally goes with the rest of the bag - it needs to have the same sensibility in order for the bag to "work" visually. You probably would like the hardware on the Ellie and the Rachel. It's very similar to the some of the hardware used on the bags mentioned by everyone here. Spring was a little more refined, so we didn't use substantial hardware on these bags.

Last edited:
Hi! I am unable to close my Ali bag because the magnetic closure fell off.

I called customer service who told me to ask the retailer. I called the retailer (internet store) who refused to help. So I called customer service again who told me to email their customer service.

I did but I got a stock reply saying that no refunds were allowed.

But I didn't ask for a refund...I only want to replace the magnet. Could you please help and tell me what I can do?

Thank you so much!!
Hi...I'd like to handle this off-line, but please send all of your information to [email protected] and she will take care of you.

Well, ladies, I believe I've answered most of your questions on this thread. I will continue to monitor the Forum, and will be back on to answer questions again next month. We're so happy to be "talking" to you and want to thank you for all of your support of kooba. We're just so thankful to have you as fans of the brand!
Have a great weekend!
Ask Kooba

~swoon~ We have surprises in store, ladies. I don't know if I can handle the wait though - I'm too excited at this point! :faint:

Ask Kooba: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of our questions. Your responses really give us die-hards insight into the company and are very much appreciated. I can't tell you how exciting this is! Kooba Rocks! :heart:

Re: your recommendation on the Ellie- I own one and for precisely the reasons you mentioned. LOL! Currently in purple but am looking to acquire it in anthracite and cognac as well. :love:

Wow, thanks so much for the replies. I think I speak for us all when I say that were were shocked to see you here and a little tentative that you would follow through. You may just win us Fans of Old back again.

I understand what you mean about making more refined bags. And not to say we aren't "refined" ...LOL....but I think an Old time Kooba Lover is looking for a Functional quality bag where the leather comes first. Kooba has always been about the leather. We like fashion and style but give us a good leather, some cool bold hardware, and a bag that will last forever and we will be Forever Fans. Trends come and go but a Good leather bag will stay in our closets and inspire us to buy more.

Hi Everyone!
Yes, we hear you! Those are, of course, some of our favorites too!
With regards to bringing the old styles back (Jillian, Annie, Ginger, and Brynne)....we are currently working on some anniversary/vintage kooba styles - stay tuned! I can't give away which ones yet, so look for some to be reintroduced in upcoming seasons. Remember that we work very far in advance in developing the bags (up to a year), so it won't be for the next season - as it's already been put to bed. Don't worry - you'll see them soon enough!

This is so remarkable that I keep coming back to reread it and make sure I didn't imagine it. :tender:

I agree with Lexie when she says that trends come and go but a great leather bag lasts forever. Maybe Kooba will consider continuing to go with the trends with many of their bags, but releasing one or two styles each season with the heavy distressed leather that we all love so much? Sort of a happy medium.

I really cannot wait to see which vintage styles they will be re-releasing!!!