colors you like but can't wear

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. seems there is a trend toward neutrals lately. I like beige and tan clothing in photos but they wash me out. I recently bought an ivory top. wore it once and wasn't happy in it. I have never had my colors done but I just know what I'm happy in. Black mostly or strong tones or blue or green (not yellow-green but blue-toned).

Do you have colors you like but can't wear?

2. Yellow - it makes me look ill :lol:

sdkitty likes this.
  3. I love yellow too but can’t wear it either.

Pessie likes this.
  4. yup same here, cant wear yellow.

Also orange, light blue, and light green.

5. #5 May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
    I may have a different undertone to you guys ^, ^^, ^^^, ^^^^ because one of my fave colours on me is acid yellow. I also like slime and olive and grey green (which a lot of people also seem to shy away from). Orange looks fine but I'm only in the mood very occasionally, the same for turquoise and jade.

I like but can't wear iced or metallic lavender, lilac or blue, diamond white in anything, milky taupe, any taupe (unless it's khaki/green/brown leaning) mushroom, baby, bubblegum and barbie pink. Pastels are not easy for me in any shade. I'm wearing a wine Gucci top tonight but with lots of gold, wine, raspberry, claret and pink-reds are not the best on me, nor is emerald but sometimes I just don't care, I stick gold jewellery on and the eye is tricked.

ksuromax, Yoshi1296 and ladysarah like this.
  6. Yup, we’re opposites I think!! Red, dark red, any shade of purple, blue, lavender, fuschia, magenta, clear pink, even orange, suit me very well. Yellow or lime green, or yellowy beige though are :sick: on me, I wish I could wear them, but nope.

papertiger likes this.
  7. exactly.:tup: I pretty much only wear colours I LOVE now and just use a flattering scarf as a back up near my face.The right make up can help too, but only for evenings.

papertiger likes this.
  8. OMG Also I can't wear white AT ALL! I look like a powdered munchkin when I wear white.

papertiger and Pessie like this.
  9. Same I love yellow :sad:

10. I think I'm pretty close to you.......not sure about the orange but I'm not really drawn to it anyway. I do like peach. I can't wear tan or beige but grey (not very pale but medium to dark) I can wear.
    Do you know what season you are?

This brings me to lipstick. I wear mostly mauve or pinky brown. I can wear red or red-brown. But bright pinks are awful. I recently repurchased a lipstick that I always wear. For some reason the color is wrong (mis-labeled or color formula change). It's kind of a bright pink. I didn't like it but put it on with liner and asked DH what he thought. He said it was awful. So bad I should go take it off immediately.

11. I don’t know about seasons, but my skin tone and hair colour definitely suits cool colours best. I noticed even with nail varnish some colours that look really good on others look dodgy on me - I tried a nude/tan shade once and couldn’t take it off quickly enough :lol:

12. yes, I had bought a popular sheer color of essie nail polish (sugar daddy). I thought it looked yellowish on me. went and got a cooler pink and it was better.
    I think my skin tone is either neutral or cool. I have pink in my complexion but that could be surface, not undertone.

13. Pastels are a disaster on me, especially pastel or powder blue. It is actually striking how awful it is. Likewise, I cannot wear yellow.
    While I wear a lot of black, as far as colour goes, I look best in deep jewel tones - dark red, cobalt, deep green. I can wear a whisky brown, but not chocolate, and white, most grey or light neutrals are not at all flattering.

papertiger and sdkitty like this.
  14. I love yellow for summer as well. I bought pale yellow top and it looks great with oyster coloured pearls and a scarf

15. I wont go near any shade of yellow or gold

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice