colors you like but can't wear

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
seems there is a trend toward neutrals lately. I like beige and tan clothing in photos but they wash me out. I recently bought an ivory top. wore it once and wasn't happy in it. I have never had my colors done but I just know what I'm happy in. Black mostly or strong tones or blue or green (not yellow-green but blue-toned).

Do you have colors you like but can't wear?

I may have a different undertone to you guys ^, ^^, ^^^, ^^^^ because one of my fave colours on me is acid yellow. I also like slime and olive and grey green (which a lot of people also seem to shy away from). Orange looks fine but I'm only in the mood very occasionally, the same for turquoise and jade.

I like but can't wear iced or metallic lavender, lilac or blue, diamond white in anything, milky taupe, any taupe (unless it's khaki/green/brown leaning) mushroom, baby, bubblegum and barbie pink. Pastels are not easy for me in any shade. I'm wearing a wine Gucci top tonight but with lots of gold, wine, raspberry, claret and pink-reds are not the best on me, nor is emerald but sometimes I just don't care, I stick gold jewellery on and the eye is tricked.

Last edited:
I may have a different undertone to you guys ^, ^^, ^^^, ^^^^ because one of my fave colours on me is acid yellow. I also like slime and olive and grey green (which a lot of people also seem to shy away from). Orange looks fine but I'm only in the mood very occasionally, the same for turquoise and jade.

I like but can't wear iced or metallic lavender, lilac or blue, diamond white in anything, milky taupe, any taupe (unless it's khaki/green/brown leaning) mushroom, baby, bubblegum and barbie pink. Patels are not easy for me in ant shade. I'm wearing a wine Gucci top tonight but with lots of gold, wine, raspberry, claret and pink-reds are not the best on me, nor is emerald but sometimes I just don't care, I stick gold jewellery on and the eye is tricked.
Yup, we’re opposites I think!! Red, dark red, any shade of purple, blue, lavender, fuschia, magenta, clear pink, even orange, suit me very well. Yellow or lime green, or yellowy beige though are :sick: on me, I wish I could wear them, but nope.

Reactions: papertiger
I'm wearing a wine Gucci top tonight but with lots of gold, wine, raspberry, claret and pink-reds are not the best on me, nor is emerald but sometimes I just don't care, I stick gold jewellery on and the eye is tricked.
exactly.:tup: I pretty much only wear colours I LOVE now and just use a flattering scarf as a back up near my face.The right make up can help too, but only for evenings.

Reactions: papertiger
Yup, we’re opposites I think!! Red, dark red, any shade of purple, blue, lavender, fuschia, magenta, clear pink, even orange, suit me very well. Yellow or lime green, or yellowy beige though are :sick: on me, I wish I could wear them, but nope.
I think I'm pretty close to you.......not sure about the orange but I'm not really drawn to it anyway. I do like peach. I can't wear tan or beige but grey (not very pale but medium to dark) I can wear.
Do you know what season you are?

This brings me to lipstick. I wear mostly mauve or pinky brown. I can wear red or red-brown. But bright pinks are awful. I recently repurchased a lipstick that I always wear. For some reason the color is wrong (mis-labeled or color formula change). It's kind of a bright pink. I didn't like it but put it on with liner and asked DH what he thought. He said it was awful. So bad I should go take it off immediately.

I think I'm pretty close to you.......not sure about the orange but I'm not really drawn to it anyway. I do like peach. I can't wear tan or beige but grey (not very pale but medium to dark) I can wear.
Do you know what season you are?

This brings me to lipstick. I wear mostly mauve or pinky brown. I can wear red or red-brown. But bright pinks are awful. I recently repurchased a lipstick that I always wear. For some reason the color is wrong (mis-labeled or color formula change). It's kind of a bright pink. I didn't like it but put it on with liner and asked DH what he thought. He said it was awful. So bad I should go take it off immediately.
I don’t know about seasons, but my skin tone and hair colour definitely suits cool colours best. I noticed even with nail varnish some colours that look really good on others look dodgy on me - I tried a nude/tan shade once and couldn’t take it off quickly enough :lol:

I don’t know about seasons, but my skin tone and hair colour definitely suits cool colours best. I noticed even with nail varnish some colours that look really good on others look dodgy on me - I tried a nude/tan shade once and couldn’t take it off quickly enough :lol:
yes, I had bought a popular sheer color of essie nail polish (sugar daddy). I thought it looked yellowish on me. went and got a cooler pink and it was better.
I think my skin tone is either neutral or cool. I have pink in my complexion but that could be surface, not undertone.

Pastels are a disaster on me, especially pastel or powder blue. It is actually striking how awful it is. Likewise, I cannot wear yellow.
While I wear a lot of black, as far as colour goes, I look best in deep jewel tones - dark red, cobalt, deep green. I can wear a whisky brown, but not chocolate, and white, most grey or light neutrals are not at all flattering.

Pastels are a disaster on me, especially pastel or powder blue. It is actually striking how awful it is. Likewise, I cannot wear yellow.
While I wear a lot of black, as far as colour goes, I look best in deep jewel tones - dark red, cobalt, deep green. I can wear a whisky brown, but not chocolate, and white, most grey or light neutrals are not at all flattering.
I wont go near any shade of yellow or gold