Colored Bags vs. Black/Brown

I love coloured bags, black and brown are awsome too but not more than 2 or 3....... who wants to buy a no impact bag (or anything else) if you are paying thousands?

Yes, my feelings exactly. :yes:

If one knew one was only going to buy one bag, to last for the next 5 + years, I could totally understand buying a sensible brown, or black, bag; but if, like me, one knows one will buy at least 2 or 3 bags a year, why not buy the bags one really likes and that justify the price?

Right but it just seems that a color like bright yellow or teal would be a little too extreme... I guess I'm afraid that bags that are brightly colored look fake like to me. Some of you may understand what I mean by fake like. Its hard to explain. Hmm its kind of like if you see someone wearing a hot pink fur. I automatically assume its not real fur even though it may be. (not sure if that was a good example)

Yes, I know what you mean. :yes:

Some colours on some bags can look off/cheap, although, I'd never rule out any particular colour, personally (except ones that really don't suit me).

If you ever want to wear bright colours, though, it's much better to wear them on good quality items, as, like complex patterns (which can easily look cheap, if not done well), light/bright colours really show up cheap items for what they are.

Whereas, even a relatively inexpensive item can look OK in plain black.

There's also the kitsch point of view, too, of course - where a bag design and/or colour looks so tacky it actually comes full circle and looks cool again! I have a fuchsia Julian MacDonald for Intel bag, with shiny gold HW, that almost looks cheap (and a lesser bag of that style and colour, almost certainly, would do), but the leather is sooooo divine, soft and expensive-looking and the quality of the HW so good, that it somehow gets away with it, especially in person. :biggrin:

Not a particular color right now. I was debating if maybe I should purchase a bag in a color rather than black since all my coats are black and my boots are black and I look a bit like every other girl walking around the city.

I :heart: color! However, I find that most of the time it's getting me unwanted attention.:sad: Plus, Canadian climate doesn't really allow me to enjoy certain colors often (I feel silly carrying a pink bag in the middle of the snowstorm, KWIM?).

These were my eye (and arm) candies at one point:

Hermes Collection.jpg

Right now, I only own one bright colored bag and the rest are all in dark colors.

I love colored bags, but I personally stick to neutral colored bags (Brown, black, white), more then anything because I don't want to spend a large amount of money on a colored designer handbag when it's a huge possibility I'll outgrow the color eventually.

I do plan on buying a red bag soon, which is a "color" but I find it neutral. I can see a red handbag being usable in years to come, but a pink handbag, it's possible I'll outgrow.

My plan, since getting into buying more expensive bags, is that if I ever really really desire a bag in a particular color, I'd look for it in a less expensive handbag rather then the higher priced ones. For example.... instead of spending money on a purple Balenciaga or LV bag, I'd look for a purple bag I like in Coach, Marc by Marc, Cole Hanna.....etc, but I've been fine without getting any colored bags so far.

All the bags I currently own are either brown (LV mono) black or white. The only colored bag I own is a pink tweed Coach clutch I found at TJ Maxx awhile back.

I LIKE colored bags more but I tend to buy more neutral colored bags. The job I'm starting next year has a very conservative office setting so I feel like if I want to keep using the bags I buy, I should be buying mostly brown/black.

I bought a berry RM MA, though, and I think that is still pretty conservative. So now I'm going to try to buy colored bags, but in dark colors like reds, greens, navy...

I have both. I have my neutral bags for when I need to be more low-key and then I have colored bags for when I'm going out or want to punch up an outfit or am just feeling in a cheery mood.

Black and brown is very neutral and can go with everything, in the meantime, they are not very noticeable. For myself, I mostly carry neutral color bags, but I do have red, olive, blue and purple bags. So my case is half and half.

I love colored bags!! However I seem to mostly have neutral bags...I have a few Ivory, a few browns, a few blacks. But I'm trying to buy more color bags. I waiting for an aquamarine bag right now (YAY!). I am on the hunt for a red bag for sure and probably a true blue colored bag and really anything that's not brown, black or Ivory (even tho I love ivory bags...they seem to have a classy appeal to me). It's all about color Color COLOR!!