College Students, Do You Work?

don't work. am 24. i worked last year at a regular department store here in texas, Dillards, for a few months. yes i am in college. a senior after a 2 major changes and will be graduating soon :yahoo:

After freshman year I worked as dorm ID checker....it was the easiest job since I had lots of time to study/hw. Depending on how many sign up to work, each week was about 12-16 hours.

I am 20 years old and I work about 35 hours a week on top of being a Full-Time student. I work in a hospital pharmacy and I love my job so NO, I never feel overwhelmed. Especially since I make REALLY good money so I can support my shopping habits all by myself :biggrin:

During my sophomore and junior years i worked in the office of the VP of my school in addition to being a full time student, and also doing research in a lab (for free)...pay for the vp job wasn't great but the flexible hours and perks of working there- like being able have my own desk, computer, time to study on the job during waning hours, free food, and good recommendation letters was great. With their help and the experience of doing free research work, i was able to secure a new position with more perks doing research in my field of interest-and i got an undergrad stipend which is pretty crazy! So far, my job experiences have been pretty great! no complaints here going into my senior year and I feel incredibly fortunate!~

Last edited:
i worked throughout my college yrs (just graded last year).. first few years i worked in retail... ive been at la senza, nine west..etc as keyholder and stuff. then later years i worked at the hospital in addition to retail.

i am about to be a college senior. i haven't worked. i am in a sorority which is like a full time job anyway except you have to pay to be in it....kinda ironic? anyway i might try to get a job this semester if my schedule isn't too tedious. i need money.

In undergrad, I worked two jobs (about 50 hours/week) all four years. In my first year of grad school, I had two jobs (different, more research oriented), and worked about 25 hours/week. From here on in, I anticipate working about 10 hours a week in a teaching position (I won a government grant that stipulates I can only work 10 hours/week).

While it can be difficult to work and go to school, it certainly isn't impossible, nor will it necessarily affect your academic achievement- I received straight A/A+s all through school, and I'd be willing to guess I'm pretty average, intelligent-wise. It's all about setting priorities and hard work. :smile:

I'm done with college now, but I worked during school. I worked at the university (I highly recommend this, a lot of times the hours are more flexible and they understand that school comes first). I worked part time during the semesters, and full time during the summer and any other breaks (like spring and winter vacations). It was also a good way to make friends, since I was a commuter and didn't live in the dorms or anything.

cool job, how did u end up getting that?

I've been working for the hospital since I was 18 and as a medical field major i've always known I wanted to work there. I just applied though, although it did take a long time to hear back but it was worth it because i'm workin for the company I wanna retire from and i'm still in college :biggrin:

I am 20 years old and I work about 35 hours a week on top of being a Full-Time student. I work in a hospital pharmacy and I love my job so NO, I never feel overwhelmed. Especially since I make REALLY good money so I can support my shopping habits all by myself :biggrin:

you would be if dealing with interactive customers rather than doctors and patients. so you are a technician?