Coca's bayswater

And in the same spirit of polite disagreement I will say that I was mildly surprised that there were any commenters at all who did not reject it with the burning fire of a thousand suns; I was expecting a clean sweep.

Putting that to one side, perhaps we could politely agree that putting out a bag with silk wrapped handles, as Laurent has recently done, is an unmistakable invocation of Hermes? :wondering

Of course, some of them had very distinctive Hermes leanings, fully agree. The article itself is horse poop generally though :smile:

Of course, some of them had very distinctive Hermes leanings, fully agree. The article itself is horse poop generally though :smile:

And, to make it perfect, my invitation from Hermes to join them at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, where there will be lots and lots of horse poop, has just arrived!

I'm not sure that watching a master saddle maker at work is going to compensate for that, but I have some horsy friends who may want to visit. I think you can safely assume that my Double Sens will remain in its box here in the City :smile:

And, to make it perfect, my invitation from Hermes to join them at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, where there will be lots and lots of horse poop, has just arrived!

I'm not sure that watching a master saddle maker at work is going to compensate for that, but I have some horsy friends who may want to visit. I think you can safely assume that my Double Sens will remain in its box here in the City :smile:

It is very worthwhile to go. I have seen the Festival des Méstieres about 4 years ago in Munich - unfortunately without horse poop. If you are lucky there will be also some craftsmen that show how a real Kelly is sewn together or how the Carrés are done. I especially recommend to watch a saddle master from Hermès. Had a lovely chat with one for about an hour. He has a lot of interesting stuff to tell. [emoji4]

It is very worthwhile to go. I have seen the Festival des Méstieres about 4 years ago in Munich - unfortunately without horse poop. If you are lucky there will be also some craftsmen that show how a real Kelly is sewn together or how the Carrés are done. I especially recommend to watch a saddle master from Hermès. Had a lovely chat with one for about an hour. He has a lot of interesting stuff to tell. [emoji4]

Thank you! :urock:

I hadn't realised that you could actually talk to the people demonstrating their skills. I doubt the Horse Show will have bag makers, but saddles are definitely appropriate, and it would be fascinating to see how it's done in real life.

I shall investigate travel and so on, and report back if I'm organised enough to finally make it there.:smile:

Very cool that you did this!
Wondered how you knew so much about making the carrés. ;)

One of my closest friends was a jockey.
So learned far too much about horses for this lifetime.
My hermes sa knows not to pull out anything with horse bits, horse heads, etc.
Or I will snort & back away.

Very cool that you did this!
Wondered how you knew so much about making the carrés. ;)

One of my closest friends was a jockey.
So learned far too much about horses for this lifetime.
My hermes sa knows not to pull out anything with horse bits, horse heads, etc.
Or I will snort & back away.

I must confess that I'm not hugely keen on horses either, at least in the flesh, probably due to the fact that whilst I'm hopeless at it I look as if I can ride, thus guaranteeing that livery stables always provide me with the horse nobody else wants. :sad:

And yet one of my favourite memories is of the Deauville race course, where I stepped backwards and impaled some poor chap with my stiletto heel. He turned out to be Omar Sharif, who managed to convince everyone, including myself, that it was entirely his fault. An excellent actor, indeed. :smile:

I must confess that I'm not hugely keen on horses either, at least in the flesh, probably due to the fact that whilst I'm hopeless at it I look as if I can ride, thus guaranteeing that livery stables always provide me with the horse nobody else wants. :sad:

And yet one of my favourite memories is of the Deauville race course, where I stepped backwards and impaled some poor chap with my stiletto heel. He turned out to be Omar Sharif, who managed to convince everyone, including myself, that it was entirely his fault. An excellent actor, indeed. :smile:
Omar Sharif! *swoon*