Coach ? Yay or Nay

I was buying LV until they did about 11-12 price increases over 1 1/2 years (1 year of this was pandemic). I am over the price increases as the quality decreases. While I get companies are trying to make the most money possible, some are just over the top. I am over greedy companies and have stopped buying from them. I won't purchase from companies that act tone deaf.

Coach has good quality for their prices (some are fantastic deals and they could charge more actually). I could care less about what others think about my bags. :smile:

Hear hear! Well said! I feel like some of the premier brands have gotten absolutely ludicrous with the price increases....and agree about calling out LV in particular. They’re discontinuing most of their small (semi) affordable monogram designs to replace them with slightly different looks at ridiculous prices. I’ve been on a bit of a monogram bug lately but refuse to pay $2000+ for a simple mini-bag that is coated canvas.

No judgments please! I have Burberry, LV, Prada bags in my collection. Recently while shopping for a crossbody bag, I came across Coach Cassie. It seems very practical and functional - but I am hesitant to purchase it because I wonder if it will be considered a step down by society/friends.

What would you all do?

PS : I did see the Pochette Metis but after seeing the quality issues several ladies had, dropping 2K on it that does not sit well with me.

I have Prada, Jimmy Choo and the LV pochette Metis in my collection. I love love love my vintage Coach bags too, more than the others. My advice to you is go ahead and buy the Cassie. It's about as perfectly designed bag as there ever was. Style is not what label/price tag you wear, but how you wear the clothes/bags you have.

It feels like everybody already had a variation of "you do you, boo" but the best thing is to go with your gut. In some circles a Coach bag won't do. In other circles it is even priced out of their range. Some people don't care what other people might think, while others do.

We can give you all the advice in the world, but we won't feel what you feel. You don't need to wear it. If you love the bag but are afraid of your friends, wear it to the grocerystore. Nothing wrong with thinking before you buy, but there is no need for you to be uncomfortable because of a accessorie.

I was once carrying a dinky while going for a walk in my neighborhood. Neighbor across the street from me said she loved my bag and wanted to know who made it. The moment I told her Coach she scoffed and said she would never carry Coach. I can't imagine what people think of themselves to be able to respond like that to another person.
Sure is funny that she loved your bag, and then said that. Sounds kind of stupid when you think of it. I would have wanted to say, I thought you loved the bag? Lol. People are dumb sometimes.

I am not really around a lot of premier brand people so mostly I get compliments and people really do like the bag. The last two times we went out to eat, the server at each placed loved the dinky I was carrying. One of them was a lavender one, and one was the beechwood that Chelsea designed.

Sure is funny that she loved your bag, and then said that. Sounds kind of stupid when you think of it. I would have wanted to say, I thought you loved the bag? Lol. People are dumb sometimes.

I am not really around a lot of premier brand people so mostly I get compliments and people really do like the bag. The last two times we went out to eat, the server at each placed loved the dinky I was carrying. One of them was a lavender one, and one was the beechwood that Chelsea designed.
I just laugh to myself whenever I see her now. I think she's just angry over not being able to move her face anymore after all the plastic surgery and botox lol

I was once carrying a dinky while going for a walk in my neighborhood. Neighbor across the street from me said she loved my bag and wanted to know who made it. The moment I told her Coach she scoffed and said she would never carry Coach. I can't imagine what people think of themselves to be able to respond like that to another person.
Wow we need a thumbs down button for this one. Strong reactions are usually meaningful and representation quite the opposite desire. She wants a Coach bag but fears it’s not premiere enough for others’ opinions. The dinky is so classic. How can anyone fault that bag?

I dipped my toes in the premier designer end of the pool with a $2k+ Prada bag a few years ago, and found that while the leather was beautiful, I was almost scared to carry it just because of the price. I decided that I would rather carry bags that aesthetically please me and are made well versus what level of status the brand has. I have been a fan of Coach for a long time, and feel like the last few years they've gotten back to offering some of the simple, durable, well-made bags they used to make. My husband's aunt works for Hermes, and even she was saying how impressed she is with the quality of Coach.

I have watched on blogs, and it has been said that bags by Coach are so similar, copied, or inspired by LV. The Pochette Metis is one of these bags. The favorite is so similar to Alexa bags. For me I love LV and Chanel, and many others. The quality of coach upper end bags is not to be missed. With the quality issues on this forum, luxury brands better pay attention.

I dipped my toes in the premier designer end of the pool with a $2k+ Prada bag a few years ago, and found that while the leather was beautiful, I was almost scared to carry it just because of the price. I decided that I would rather carry bags that aesthetically please me and are made well versus what level of status the brand has. I have been a fan of Coach for a long time, and feel like the last few years they've gotten back to offering some of the simple, durable, well-made bags they used to make. My husband's aunt works for Hermes, and even she was saying how impressed she is with the quality of Coach.
I don't know how women wear shoes that are 1k or 2k. I would have to shelf them and baby them.

Reactions: pandorabox
No judgement here, just fact.

If you’re “looking over your shoulder” when you’re wearing a bag...

Then regardless of the brand (luxury or otherwise) it’s not the bag for you.
^^^ This... so this. I will also tell you this goes the other way too. I have had some LV that I always wanted, but it did not feel right to wear it. Like it was too showy for my profession, or it did not really suite me. Wear what makes you feel comfortable, confident and happy. I love love love my coach bag. To me it embodies, "timeless classic with a kick of trendy style."

Look at it in person and if you fall in love, then you know... :heart:

I have watched on blogs, and it has been said that bags by Coach are so similar, copied, or inspired by LV. The Pochette Metis is one of these bags. The favorite is so similar to Alexa bags. For me I love LV and Chanel, and many others. The quality of coach upper end bags is not to be missed. With the quality issues on this forum, luxury brands better pay attention.
There are a lot of bags that look the same. There are a lot of bags that cost hundreds, looking like a bag that costs thousands. That is not really exclusively Coach. Although I'm really happy that the Coach quality is there.

Reactions: americandreaming