Coach ? Yay or Nay

Coach was my gateway purse brand, but until this week, I hadn’t bought one in almost a decade because I just didn’t like any of the new stuff. I moved on to Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, and then LV. However…I’m not happy with the LV price increase (even the secondhand bag prices have shot up), and I don’t want to spend $1000+ on an item I could’ve gotten for half that a few years ago. (Coated canvas Speedys, I’m looking at you!) So, I popped over to the Coach website just to browse…and I’m loving what I’m seeing! I bought my first Coach bag in nearly a decade earlier this week and I can’t wait to carry it.

Do I care about what people think? Nope. I carry what I like. If that’s Coach today and LV tomorrow, then that’s what it will be.

Coach was my gateway purse brand, but until this week, I hadn’t bought one in almost a decade because I just didn’t like any of the new stuff. I moved on to Kate Spade, Marc Jacobs, and then LV. However…I’m not happy with the LV price increase (even the secondhand bag prices have shot up), and I don’t want to spend $1000+ on an item I could’ve gotten for half that a few years ago. (Coated canvas Speedys, I’m looking at you!) So, I popped over to the Coach website just to browse…and I’m loving what I’m seeing! I bought my first Coach bag in nearly a decade earlier this week and I can’t wait to carry it.

Do I care about what people think? Nope. I carry what I like. If that’s Coach today and LV tomorrow, then that’s what it will be.
Which one did you get?

Ugh. No judgement, but I am currently living in a place that everyone seems really care about the 'brand' (I don't want to say exactly where, but think along the line with NYC, HK, Tokyo...). I moved here from a small town in Europe (plz don't ask me where either), where nobody cares if you actually wear clothes or not! I miss that laid back attitude now. But frankly, I think friends who judge you by your bag are not friends to keep. Just my personal opinions. I like brands that speak to me regardless of price or status. I am only drawn to the personality of the brand. That's why Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, and Alexander Wang have been my top three brands for a long time. I love Coach because it is practical, good looking, and good quality with a bit quirky style here and there. So I carry coach when my other bags are not 'professional' looking enough or too loud. I still carry my Eastpak for crying out loud. It is just so functional when I need to carry books around.

Enjoy your coach and pay those bit*hes no mind (that last one is from Rupaul :P ).

I have several Chanel and LV bags and a Givenchy limited edition bag but I also have coach bags too. I tend to go for the glove tanned leather and bags that have snakeskin details etc from Coach. But the quality for price is much better with Coach than higher end designers. In fact I'd say some designer should watch out... While their quality is dropping Coach is getting better. I'm talking regular coach and not outlet pieces or lower end pieces. Besides some celebs also endorse Coach!

The Dreamer line was definitely what started my love for Coach. The Dreamer 36 mixed leather/suede in Heather Grey was my first Coach bag and, while I own several more Coach bags now, it’s still my favorite. I prefer understated bags, but I say carry whatever you want, whenever you want. Life is too short to care what other people think.

Forgot to mention, Kenzo was my 'Coach' before that weird tiger head became a thing...I still don't get the whole tiger head or evil eye thingie...after they basically stamped those images on everything they have, I went with Coach for a low key everyday look aka 'I am actually "normal"/all business' look....Still have my old kenzo Kalifornia, would definitely keep it, still love the design and quality (and the price!)...For me, it's just a right amount of quirkiness balanced with everyday low key business style...what a shame..