Coach Sabrina or Carly?

Grrrr ... I just found out that our Macy's HAS the Black Leather Sabrina (#12937) but now I'm confused on the size. The SA said it's the "small Sabrina." Now for those of you who HAVE this bag, is this style # really small, or would you say more of a medium size bag? I don't want a teeny-tiny bag here ... I am looking for a medium sized. And I'm guessing the large would be too big for my needs. I probably won't be able to get to the store before Monday morning, so I'm turning to you wonderful ladies again.
I'm sorry ... please bear with me! One day I will have this ALL figured out and perhaps I can help the next newbie ;)

~Lisa

^^ The small/medium Sabrina is only 25% smaller than the large Sabrina. If you think the large would be too big, then this is your bag. To give you an idea, I have the ergo framed satchel that actually looks bigger than the small Sabrina, and yet, it holds 20% less than the Sabrina. I'm very anal when it comes to my bags and research, research, research before going into the stores. If you look on the website, and figure the measurements, ergo satchel is 558 sq in, small Sabrina 703. and large Sabrina is 930. Yes, I would call it more of a medium bag. I could get everything from my medium Carly in it along with the sunnies case that I couldn't fit into Carly. HTH

THANKS so much! A HUGE help. Looks like I should pay Macy's a visit on Monday (wish I could go tomorrow, but it won't work with all the festivities surrounds the SuperBowl) Will certainly let you know what I decide!

I have a large signature carly and love the bag! Haven't noticed any fraying yet. :shrugs:

Just this week I bought the large black op art sabrina with silver hardware and I am in LOVE with it! It is an absolutely gorgeous bag and no picture I have ever seen gives this bag justice! The black with the silver hardware and the purple lining... OMG!! Stunning!! :heart: I decided on the black op art in the sabrina, because to me, the black leather looked a little too "plain" to me... and almost like a Doctor's bag. Also, I wanted it to have silver hardware. Right now, it is a close second as my favorite bag! (My first being my LV watercolor speedy!) :tup:

I have never owned a COACH bag, but have found both of these and can't decide which might work best. I am looking for a medium sized bag - and I like that the Sabrina can be worn both on the shoulder and arm-carried. The silver hardware is also something that catches me eye. I am considering the black signature fabric on either of these. My DH apparently saw these bags & their price tag, and he about flipped OUT! But he's a man, and know's NOTHING when it comes to "girl things!" LoL. I say TIA for your help. This forum is a great resource :smile:

If you own one, can you share what you like/love about these ... and share anything you wish were different? Any idea what the inside color is on these black bags? The website does not show inside pics.
If you are going w/ signature, definitely get the sabrina. The Coach Carly in Signature is known to fray, which can cause a hole in your bag eventually...it's just a design flaw. Sadly enough, since it is such a gorgeous bag.

I have a med sig Carly and a small cherry Sabrina and personally I end up using the Sabrina more, but that's because I like to handcarry my bags instead of wearing them on my shoulder. Both hold pretty much the same amount of stuff, though I think it's a bit less cramped in the Sabrina because of the rounder shape.

have both the black sabrina and (returned) black sig carly. Black sig carly frayed and I had issues with the gold/brass losing color. I guess the most noticeable was the fraying so i would suggest the sabrina in black and silver. let us know what you decide...goodluck!

So you returned your black Sig. Carly? Mind my asking was it the Sateen fabric? Do you think that matters? Gosh, I hate to think that in a few mos. this bag could potentially start falling apart at the seams - literally! That's ALOT of $$$ to put down on something that's not "built to last."
Now did you return it b/c of the fraying issue? And that was not a problem to do that? I assume you returned it to Coach directly, if that's the case? Sorry for all the ?'s here, but I am new and want to make sure I make a wise choice.
I HAVE cut the tag off, and have used it for 2 days ... do you suppose if I attempted to return this bag, there would be a problem?

The sateen Carlys are actually more delicate than the original siggy fabric. My SA always tells her customers that they need to be especially careful with the fabric because it will snag and yet she's had customers bring it back with snags that ruined the appearance of the bag. That's apparently why they deleted the sateen Carlys from the stores so soon after bringing them out. They weren't an improvement to the fraying issues at all.

Soooooooooooooo, what your saying, is I should ditch this bag?!? Opt for the leather Sabrina and be done? I do like both, I REALLY do ... however, I do NOT want a bag that will be shabby looking in 2-3-4-5-6 months time. I paid ALOT of $$$ for this bag.
Being as I have cut the tag off, and have loaded it (and used it for 2 days) would they take it back? Anyone know?
Leave it to me ... to buy something thinking I was getting a great deal and turns out to be a bust - ugh! Just MY luck ...
WWYD, seriously in my shoes ... 1st time COACH buyer ...???????????????????????????

Soooooooooooooo, what your saying, is I should ditch this bag?!? Opt for the leather Sabrina and be done? I do like both, I REALLY do ... however, I do NOT want a bag that will be shabby looking in 2-3-4-5-6 months time. I paid ALOT of $$$ for this bag.
Being as I have cut the tag off, and have loaded it (and used it for 2 days) would they take it back? Anyone know?
Leave it to me ... to buy something thinking I was getting a great deal and turns out to be a bust - ugh! Just MY luck ...
WWYD, seriously in my shoes ... 1st time COACH buyer ...???????????????????????????
I don't think you can return a bag that you already used unless the bag has defects on it. If down the road your bag frays hopefully not coach will replace it.