Coach Returns Policy

Why are they being so picky and needing to find the transactions in their own computer systems? If one has their receipt, by Coach's own return policy, one should be getting a refund. Sounds like the stores are inept, or just not wanting to refund the money.

My local fp has changed their attitude about returns so much recently it's crazy. Last week, before the 18th, I called to confirm the 18th or 31st deadline, and they insisted the policy for older items purchased before the new policy went into effect (9/18) is that they could only be returned until 11/18 (60 days from the new policy date) Wth? Said all stores got a huge notice from corporate back in September about this that they were being nice and "allowing" the grandfathered purchases before Sept to be returned until November. Which is a bunch of bull since my daughter had been there just a couple of weeks before and returned an item purchased before September with no problem so I knew for a fact the cut off for returning was not being misread as November 18th at that store. I told them that and that I also have an email that corp said it's until Jan 31st, but they wouldn't budge. Even spoke to a manager about it and she is actually the same one that had returned that before Sept. purchase just a couple of weeks ago without a problem. Then I asked her to call corp to verify and she said she would and she'd call me back. Never called me back, surprise surprise. So I called again the next day and got the same manager, she said that corp verified the same thing to her that she told me before about the cutoff for older returns being November. Another line of bull since I called corp right before I called her again and they confirmed to me the cutoff date of Jan 31st. She was just blatantly making crap up to not take any returns imo.

I ended up just keeping it all, I wasn't going to drive all that way just to have to argue with her what her own company policies were. So I guess their plan worked and they got what they wanted.

My local fp has changed their attitude about returns so much recently it's crazy. Last week, before the 18th, I called to confirm the 18th or 31st deadline, and they insisted the policy for older items purchased before the new policy went into effect (9/18) is that they could only be returned until 11/18 (60 days from the new policy date) Wth? Said all stores got a huge notice from corporate back in September about this that they were being nice and "allowing" the grandfathered purchases before Sept to be returned until November. Which is a bunch of bull since my daughter had been there just a couple of weeks before and returned an item purchased before September with no problem so I knew for a fact the cut off for returning was not being misread as November 18th at that store. I told them that and that I also have an email that corp said it's until Jan 31st, but they wouldn't budge. Even spoke to a manager about it and she is actually the same one that had returned that before Sept. purchase just a couple of weeks ago without a problem. Then I asked her to call corp to verify and she said she would and she'd call me back. Never called me back, surprise surprise. So I called again the next day and got the same manager, she said that corp verified the same thing to her that she told me before about the cutoff for older returns being November. Another line of bull since I called corp right before I called her again and they confirmed to me the cutoff date of Jan 31st. She was just blatantly making crap up to not take any returns imo.

I ended up just keeping it all, I wasn't going to drive all that way just to have to argue with her what her own company policies were. So I guess their plan worked and they got what they wanted.
That's so insulting.

Thanks Whateve and Coachgrl. So after the FP, I did go to the outlet. Had much more success there. Still came home with 6 bags and a few small items, which is fine. They're earlier purchases I've made with my Canadian credit card, and although I still have the same card they can't find it in the system.
I don't know if it is different because it is Canadian, but several of the items I returned were bought on cards that I still have but the numbers have changed a couple of times. Every time my credit card company thinks my information might have been compromised they issue me a new card with a new number. Luckily I remembered to take all the old cards into the store. It took 2 hours for them to process about 20 items. They were mostly scarves or keychains. Their policy is that if you don't have the card, they will either issue you a store credit or send you a check in the mail. I don't think you should have had to keep anything.

That's terrible you were treated that way. I would be so upset! I'm very lucky that the manager at my store didn't give me any grief even though it took hours to process.

I'm convinced that their tactics are to rub the new return policy in our faces since they plain old don't want to return anything period even when you follow the policy. I am more and more turned off by them.

I have had zero problem returning things...so I guess all the outlets I go to are the exception? Not one problem..done w/ a smile and found everything; what they didn't find they gave me what it was worth today...somehow.

Coach has rocked for me. I haven't returned a lot, though. A couple of other things (maybe) and I will be done.

...Their policy is that if you don't have the card, they will either issue you a store credit or send you a check in the mail. I don't think you should have had to keep anything...

I did bring my one and only Canadian VISA card that never had a change on the 16-dig number. Outlet SA did offer store credit option, But not for what I paid, as clearly stated on their receipt. For example, he checked and see the current price of a City Willis is now $44 so I'll get that in store credit, instead of $104.30 that I paid. He said I would have better chance calling Coach to make sure they still have my purchase history, if they do they would also have details on my Canadian VISA card. Then, I can mail my returns to JAX. Well I heard horror stories of mailing returns so I might not even bother with it. :sad:

I did bring my one and only Canadian VISA card that never had a change on the 16-dig number. Outlet SA did offer store credit option, But not for what I paid, as clearly stated on their receipt. For example, he checked and see the current price of a City Willis is now $44 so I'll get that in store credit, instead of $104.30 that I paid. He said I would have better chance calling Coach to make sure they still have my purchase history, if they do they would also have details on my Canadian VISA card. Then, I can mail my returns to JAX. Well I heard horror stories of mailing returns so I might not even bother with it. :sad:
That's odd. I got store credit on something before and it was the amount on my receipt. Is it because you paid with Canadian dollars? I'm sure they have the ability to handle foreign transactions with all the tourists coming through the outlets. I guess none of the tourists ever return anything.

That's odd. I got store credit on something before and it was the amount on my receipt. Is it because you paid with Canadian dollars? I'm sure they have the ability to handle foreign transactions with all the tourists coming through the outlets. I guess none of the tourists ever return anything.

All were FOS online purchases so Coach got paid in U.S. dollars.

I think how return is handled heavily depends on which SA you get. They'll have to be WILLING to help you, and be ABLE to process it. Some other tPFers weren't even allowed to do return! I'm pretty happy I was able to return most of my things, and the ones left are mostly cheap MMF bags that I probably can sell for 80% what I paid.

All were FOS online purchases so Coach got paid in U.S. dollars.

I think how return is handled heavily depends on which SA you get. They'll have to be WILLING to help you, and be ABLE to process it. Some other tPFers weren't even allowed to do return! I'm pretty happy I was able to return most of my things, and the ones left are mostly cheap MMF bags that I probably can sell for 80% what I paid.
I guess I was very lucky. This is a lousy way to run a company.

Returned Coach Outlet online purchases to the FP store at the Bellevue Square Mall (WA). The store manager was extremely courteous, helpful, polite and quickly processed the returns.

Tomorrow, I am shipping a return to JAX via USPS Priority Mail 2-day with tracking, insurance, and signature confirmation. Hopefully, I have all of my bases covered. I made the purchase with AMEX, so there's an extra security layer...

I agree with the TPF member who stated that it is worth keeping only the items you absolutely love. I made a few impulse purchases in the past. The thrill of scoring a "deal" is temporary. In addition to the returns, for every item bought, as a household, we donate an item (or more). It really helps in controlling "stuff" from overwhelming and overtaking the house.

JAX refused to accept my return! The bag was sent back to me with a regret letter stating that they accept returns on products in new and unused condition. The Coach (Laila) bag I returned was brand new, unused, and with its price tags still attached to one of the metal rings of the shoulder strap. I even insured the return shipment for the purchase price of the bag. Here's where it gets worse, Coach CUT the original price tag that was attached to the bag! They conveniently put the tag back in the zipper pocket inside the bag. I sent the bag to them neatly wrapped with the packaging paper (to prevent creases) and its plastic bag. They return it to me without the packaging materials stuffed in a small shipping box. :tdown:

PS: Before mailing the bag to JAX for a refund, I took pictures of it (exterior and interior). There are several pics of the attached tag too.

When we called the Returns Department, customer service basically told us to send the bag back, by Jan 31st, with a grievance letter. CS told us that there was no guarantee that Coach Returns would change their stance. I will not be able to mail the bag back to Coach by their deadline nor can I take it to an outlet. I am disabled. I cannot file an insurance claim with the post office as there is no damage to the bag. Needless to say, I am upset...very upset. I am at a loss as to the next steps I must take regarding this matter. :nogood: :crybaby:

Last edited:
JAX refused to accept my return! The bag was sent back to me with a regret letter stating that they accept returns on products in new and unused condition. The Coach (Laila) bag I returned was brand new, unused, and with its price tags still attached to one of the metal rings of the shoulder strap. I even insured the return shipment for the purchase price of the bag. Here's where it gets worse, Coach CUT the original price tag that was attached to the bag! They conveniently put the tag back in the zipper pocket inside the bag. I sent the bag to them neatly wrapped with the packaging paper (to prevent creases) and its plastic bag. They return it to me without the packaging materials stuffed in a small shipping box. :tdown:

PS: Before mailing the bag to JAX for a refund, I took pictures of it (exterior and interior). There are several pics of the attached tag too.

When we called the Returns Department, customer service basically told us to send the bag back, by Jan 31st, with a grievance letter. CS told us that there was no guarantee that Coach Returns would change their stance. I will not be able to mail the bag back to Coach by their deadline nor can I take it to an outlet. I am disabled. I cannot file an insurance claim with the post office as there is no damage to the bag. Needless to say, I am upset...very upset. I am at a loss as to the next steps I must take regarding this matter. :nogood: :crybaby:

How horrible, I'm so sorry they did that to you. :sad: I would take it up with my credit card company if it was me. You returned the item for a refund and they refused to refund you but sent it back in an unacceptable not new with tags anymore condition. I'd definitely be trying to do a charge back through the credit card.

Well, that is terrible! You took care to properly return your bag stuffed & wrapped, then they removed the tag & shoddily sent it back to you.

I don't know if this information will help but if you don't get JAX CS (800-444-3611) to assist. You might also consider calling their Loss Prevention department, 888-749-6225. Idk how frequently they answer messages left at this number so a direct person to call is Joey Hunt, 212-615-2170.

I know this is loss prevention but they do interact with the stores to OK returns or not. And since time is of the essence here as we're fast approaching Jan 31st, LP might be able to intervene on your behalf.

Good luck, I hope you'll be able to return your item without further aggravation!

Just a suggestion-If you are on FB or Instagram, post this and the pics on the Coach page. I'm sure it will get someone's attention

Since JAX refused a new with tags return last year I've done all my returns at a store. At least that way I know immediately if it is accepted. This is a hardship as retail stores and outlets are about 2 hours from me. I think Coach is trying to make it difficult to return so people will just keep items. A big turn off to a company that touts customer service.