Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

The grid pattern stain looks like maybe a shoe sole, like someone stepped on it, or it could be color transfer. I think this is a good candidate for zit cream. It should bleach them out.
Thanks! I'm trying it out rn, it seems to act slow/over time but so far the stains are looking like they are fading to a pinkish color now. The staining definitely seems like color transfer.

Reactions: whateve
I recently bought this Coach Peyton Signature Convertible Shoulder Bag Purse. It looks like it's in overall excellent condition and barely used but I noticed on the handles that the leather is separating and has a crack. Has anyone had experience with gluing the leather on the handles when this happens and what product would you recommend?

Attachments

• IMG_1730.jpeg
    IMG_1730.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1420.jpeg
    IMG_1420.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 12
Hi Everyone,

Just looking for a little help please. I’m currently holidaying in Orlando, Florida and looking to stock up on Leather CPR, which seems to be the go to product for Vintage Coach.

I popped in to a local Walmart and checked for Leather CPR by the shoe polish, and also in the cleaning products aisle, with no joy. The assistants didn’t speak much English, so couldn’t help.

There’s a Target I could try nearby, not sure if they are likely stockists 🤷🏻‍♀️. Can anyone point me in the right direction please 🙏.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Just wanted to thank everyone who replied. Sadly I wasn’t able to source it this time 😞.

We had a full schedule and so I didn’t have much time to explore. Also didn’t want drag the family around looking for it. Couldn’t get any delivered as we were staying in a gated community, that didn’t allow deliveries 🙄!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that they start selling it in the UK, or maybe pay for delivery from the US. Thanks again all 😊.

Hi, I'm not sure what these are.
Can anyone tell these are just stains or mold?
Thanks for your help.View attachment 5985889View attachment 5985890View attachment 5985891View attachment 5985892View attachment 5985893
These look like stains to me? The stains appear to be darker than the leather; mold that I've seen on leather tends to be lighter/white/grey. So I think its some sort of oil or staining. The staining on the handle in particular looks like residue of something (i.e like a spill of a liquid/cleaning product that didnt get fully cleaned out). If you want to be sure, I would usually isolate the item and monitor the stains over time for any growth/expansion. If nothing changes I'd say your safe.

Just my opinion though!!

Reactions: RummageQueen
These look like stains to me? The stains appear to be darker than the leather; mold that I've seen on leather tends to be lighter/white/grey. So I think its some sort of oil or staining. The staining on the handle in particular looks like residue of something (i.e like a spill of a liquid/cleaning product that didnt get fully cleaned out). If you want to be sure, I would usually isolate the item and monitor the stains over time for any growth/expansion. If nothing changes I'd say your safe.

Just my opinion though!!
Thanks for your opinion! Appreciate it!
Have a nice weekends:smile:

Hi! My 1980s spectator is all clean and hydrated. I've managed to polish the brass to a shine and am very pleased with it. However I was wondering if there's a way to get rid of the staining in the back? And if there is a way to even out the tone on the trim on the flap? Would coloured conditioners help? This is in the colour putty I believe 1000124213.jpg1000124212.jpg1000124214.jpg

Thought it'd update that my friend wanted to give it a go, remove the black splotch with alcohol and now it's left a pale splotch! I'm not mad at her, i gave her to greenlight to try it. But now I would like to know if I can dye it myself? Just the one spot. I asked some shops that sell leatherwork materials - one told me fiebings is not made for glove tanned leathers, while the other advised me to take it to a leathersmith to strip the bag and redye the whole thing, but I thought I'd try and get some advice from you ladies first. I've been looking at the Angelus dyes as they are water based.

Attachments

• IMG_20240423_180957.jpg
    IMG_20240423_180957.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: KiltyR45
Thought it'd update that my friend wanted to give it a go, remove the black splotch with alcohol and now it's left a pale splotch! I'm not mad at her, i gave her to greenlight to try it. But now I would like to know if I can dye it myself? Just the one spot. I asked some shops that sell leatherwork materials - one told me fiebings is not made for glove tanned leathers, while the other advised me to take it to a leathersmith to strip the bag and redye the whole thing, but I thought I'd try and get some advice from you ladies first. I've been looking at the Angelus dyes as they are water based.

Before you go to the dying stage, I'd use some saddle soap and a toothbrush and scrub the entire panel. When I did that on my hasp bag, it made lighter areas. Then, later, with leather CPR and blackrock leather 'n rich, it evened out.

For color fix, here's what I would try. Some leather dye (I use Kiwi brand) mixed with leather CPR. Rub just a little of it on the lighter area and see if it evens out the color. Let it dry. Maybe more than one application. Now, if your bag is putty color, you'll have to find a color that's close.

If you want to dye the whole bag, I think that's doable and in some ways easier. Again, I use kiwi brand leather dye in a little bottle with a sponge top applicator. I've had good results, mostly black bags, but also brown.

Last edited:
Before you go to the dying stage, I'd use some saddle soap and a toothbrush and scrub the entire panel. When I did that on my hasp bag, it made lighter areas. Then, later, with leather CPR and blackrock leather 'n rich, it evened out.

For color fix, here's what I would try. Some leather dye (I use Kiwi brand) mixed with leather CPR. Rub just a little of it on the lighter area and see if it evens out the color. Let it dry. Maybe more than one application. Now, if your bag is putty color, you'll have to find a color that's close.

If you want to dye the whole bag, I think that's doable and in some ways easier. Again, I use kiwi brand leather dye in a little bottle with a sponge top applicator. I've had good results, mostly black bags, but also brown.
Thanks for the tips! I think I'll give this a go

Reactions: ConnieinSeattle
I’ve been wanting to move into this #9992 since I got her, but I had to restitch the leather pad by the turn lock. I picked up a stitching awl at Hobby Lobby, and that helped wonders to finish up the rehab on this bag. And I finally finished today, and put some edge coat around it. OMG I love this bag!

Attachments

• IMG_6654.jpeg
    IMG_6654.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 15