Coach Customer Service Can't Be Beat!

BerryWriter

Jan 20, 2010
My PCE goodies arrived today! :biggrin: (Reveal will be posted later when I have time to take pics!). But the reason for my post is their CS. I won an Ebay auction and went to pay when I realized my Paypal account balance was a lot lower than it should have been. I looked at my transactions and saw Coach had charged me twice for my PCE order! (I used my Paypal card for the cash back reward). I called and a VERY VERY nice CS rep answered right away. As soon as she pulled up my account she saw the problem. The website had some glitch and that resulted in the double charge. My refund was already being processed before I even called! She said I'll have it tomorrow. I am very pleased with their CS. There was no hassle, no excuses or runaround, just good, friendly service. Coach rocks!

ah ha! I'm not the only one! I was looking at my online credit card stuff late last night and I saw that the "pending transactions" amount was huge. I looked at the details and it had Coach.com on there 3 times in addition to the one that had already gone through!! :wtf:
I totally freaked my husband out as I gasped and said some uh bad words. It was too late for me to call so I planned to this morning but when I checked online, two of the pending transactions were gone, leaving only one and the one went that went through. The really strange thing, 2 amounts were the amount that showed at checkout and the other 2 amounts were one cent less :weird: It looked like my card was put through everyday this week starting the day I placed the order(5/1) through the 4th. I didn't have a chance to call today but felt much better seeing two of them disappear and now I know I wasn't the only one charged more than once!
Glad you had a good CS experience!

The CS rep said the website was showing some sort of error when I placed my order. Both of the pending transactions went through but she said one had already been refunded to me and should hit my account after midnight. I guess the site got indigestion from all the PCE orders and burped! :giggles:

I'm glad I'm not the only one either and that Coach is on top of it. Glitches and mistakes happen. It's how a company handles them that makes all the difference.

I received great customer service last PCE when ordering on the website I clicked to submit and it charged my credit card and emptied out my gift card, but Coach had no record of my order, nor did I get a confirmation page or email. They straightened out the whole thing and were beyond nice to boot. :smile:

I just looked at my account and the two transactions were different amounts too. One was $2 more than the other. I really hope they keep their word and the money shows back up in my account later today. It's not a small amount of money. I'm also expecting a payment from a client today, thankfully or I'd be in a small bind. I don't know what happened-they are blaming the website.

I just checked mine again too. All of the "extra" transactions are now gone!
All of the extras were pending on my card but that money was still placed on hold/not available and counted toward the limit so I was hoping it would go away sooner rather than later because yeah, not a small amount of money when it's duplicated multiple times! So glad that Coach caught this and took care of it on their own, not many places do that so quickly.

Hopefully yours will refund back today soon! I was lucky in that mine were only in pending and only one actually went through so while the amount of all 4 of them was on hold for some time, the pending ones were gone much quicker.

I still haven't gotten mine back and I am getting angry. I got an email from them and the rep pretty much said it was my fault for making an error in my billing address. I did no such thing. Guess I need to call Jax again.

JAX says the hold was removed and that the funds should be released into my account any day now. I checked Paypal and yes it has been removed but I don't have my funds yet. Guess it's on Paypal now. Still pleased with Coach's CS and LOVE their products!! :smile:

hope you get the money back completely soon! sounds like Coach had an issue with the website but not everyone was aware of it(not all CS reps I mean). I know I definitely only hit the button once and all my info was correct so who knows. Probably just a glitch with the large amount of orders coming in between free shipping and PCE, it happens, computers definitely aren't perfect. Of course it's always a pain because then it causes problems with the credit card/debit card/bank and you just gotta wait for them all to catch up. Hope it does for you this weekend!