Clutch advice please...JPG vs. Kelly Longue?

I have the Kelly Longue in RD and I actually think it's less dressed up as the KP. I tried both on at the same time and even though I loved the look of the KP it was just too small and dainty for me. That said I think you would look adorable with either Pepper and can't go wrong with either one.

Chicky - I think it's leather/col dependent. I saw a toile combo longue and it was rather "daytime" but the darker leather ones I find more formal than the pochette. RD can go either way.

Pepper the I use my black evercalf pochette day and night. I doubt I'd use a black longue in the daytime. I don't know how you'lll go getting box my SA said no more box for these little gems (but hey they've been wrong before). I wanted box but I've found evercalf a good substitute. Looks like box but it's softer although it retains shape.

I was recently fondling clutches (heh) in one of my local boutiques and I absolutely positively fell in love with the Kelly Longue!! If they had had one in any color other than Rose Dragee, I would totally have walked out with it that day. (The rose just doesn't work for me personally though I think it's lovely).

The Kelly Pochette struck me personally as more casual, I think because of the way the handle is attached or something. It also was cuter to me personally in bright colors rather than black. I saw it in blue jean, black and in orange--all with PHW, and all of them were in Swift. (edited to correct the colors I saw and add the leather)

The Maharani, which was available in black box at that moment, was absolutely stunning and very under the radar, it was just significantly larger than the Kelly Longue, and I felt that it would hold even less than either the KL or KP because it's very thin when viewed from the side. It also felt more formal to me, maybe because it was in box?

The Kelly Longue struck the right balance for me of formal vs. casual--I felt that I might actually carry it sometimes during the day because the hardware made it slightly less formal than the Maharani, but the shape was more appealing to me for formal events than that of the KP.

So, for my personal needs, the Kelly Longue won out but sadly I was unable to bring one home.

Hope this helps!

This all is very, very helpful, thanks--I love having these sorts of decisions to agonize over, weigh pros and cons...and then not have any opportunity to exercise my decision once made!! :smile:
icechick I bet that RD looks great on you. I would get it dirty just by thinking about it.

Chicky - I think it's leather/col dependent. I saw a toile combo longue and it was rather "daytime" but the darker leather ones I find more formal than the pochette. RD can go either way.

Pepper the I use my black evercalf pochette day and night. I doubt I'd use a black longue in the daytime. I don't know how you'lll go getting box my SA said no more box for these little gems (but hey they've been wrong before). I wanted box but I've found evercalf a good substitute. Looks like box but it's softer although it retains shape.

I think it's actually butt dependent :Push: Mine can take the Longue but he couldn't handle the KP, lol

Thanks Handybags, but sadly it's true, lol. But I think you're absolutely right about the colors making a big difference.

Pepper, the Longue is actually pretty stiff in swift if it's the floppy side of swift that's worrying you. It holds it's shape beautifully!

I agree about Swift holding its shape shockingly well on the Longue, and for that matter the same on the KP as well because it's sellier-style.

And BTW icechick that's funny that you say it's butt dependent cause I'm a little chunker but I felt like it slimmed me down somewhat. Odd!