Club Galliera!

Thank you! Strap is still a bit stiff but mainly because I keep switching bags lol. It is better than the day the bag arrived. Just needs more breaking in! These were some of the best bags LV has ever made in my opinion. I feel like LV has never really released anything comparable to replace it with after discontinuing them.
I have to agree! I love the sound of the feet when you place it on a table or chair!!!

Reactions: DaisyM
You guys--I sold my DA Galliera several years ago and am thinking about repurchasing it. My only concern is that it might be dated? But then I think I always love hobos and they're comfortable...Anybody have any input?
I buy and keep this bag because love the look, the craftsmanship, the practicality, and she is beautiful! and I don't think she is dated, nor do I care if someone thinks she is dated, I love her, that's the reason I keep it. :smile:

Last edited:
You guys--I sold my DA Galliera several years ago and am thinking about repurchasing it. My only concern is that it might be dated? But then I think I always love hobos and they're comfortable...Anybody have any input?
Hobo bags are my absolute favorite so I have two Galliera bags! I just love them and the quality of those bags are so much better than what LV puts out today. I buy and carry bags that I love! I don’t carry bags for other people and could care less if someone thinks my bag looks dated. I honestly don’t think any of the older bags are dated at all they are classic bags to have compared to trendy pieces that are put out and sell out quickly! If you want the bag just get it and enjoy!

I love the Galliera and I don't think it is dated at all...I carry my Bagtinolles a lot. I love the size and it works great for what I carry!

I sold mine and ended up buying another one. I love this bag! I don't think it's dated. I echo the comments about the quality. This bag is so well made! They just had a DA on Yoogi's Closet that looked brand new. If you keep looking, you will find one!

Does anyone else use their galliera’s in the winter? It’s been so cold here lately unfortunately. I used my canvas neverfull one day out shopping at an outlet so there was quite a bit of walking outside. The bag would get so stiff at times due to the cold. I’m always worrying that using canvas bags in winter and extreme temperature changes from outdoor to indoor will make the canvas crack one day. Or is this really just not an issue and over worrying about it?

Does anyone else use their galliera’s in the winter? It’s been so cold here lately unfortunately. I used my canvas neverfull one day out shopping at an outlet so there was quite a bit of walking outside. The bag would get so stiff at times due to the cold. I’m always worrying that using canvas bags in winter and extreme temperature changes from outdoor to indoor will make the canvas crack one day. Or is this really just not an issue and over worrying about it?

I loved using my Gal in the winter as the wider strap is super comfortable even over a heavy coat. The canvas is so thick and strong (wish their items were still made like this), I never worried about the temperature affecting it. She's been sitting in her dust bag for a few years now but reading this thread makes me want to bring out out again. It's going to be below freezing today and I wouldn't hesitate to us any of my canvas bags.Galliera Diner - Copy.jpg

I’m thinking about whether to get the leather if my Galliera replaced but not sure if it’s worth it. The quote I received from LV is $1080 for all leather replaced. From what I’ve seen on the secondhand market, Gallieras in new/excellent condition aren’t much less than that! I bought this bag 3 years ago. The interior is in excellent condition with no marks or stains.

Have not yet decided on replacement from LV for my leather parts ($1080). Out of curiosity I requested a quote from Purse Rehab and their prices are $175 (top trim) and $275 (handle), so $450 total, less than half of what I was quoted from LV.

My hesitation on LV doing the repair is: I bought my bag secondhand 3 years ago and since then the top trim has cracked and ripped. I don't use it every day and take very good care of it when it's not being used. Most of the Galliera pics I see here and on the secondhand sites (yoogi's, fashionphile) show wear but not ripped trim. I'm hesitant to spend $1080 on replacement only to have this happen again in...~5 years? Purse Rehab seems to do a great job - but I know if I go there I will never be able to get a repair from LV again, and it also might affect the price (negatively) if I decide to sell one day (although I don't see me selling.)

What would you do? Purse Rehab now ($450), or save and do the LV repair ($1080)?

Reactions: Jeepgurl76
Have not yet decided on replacement from LV for my leather parts ($1080). Out of curiosity I requested a quote from Purse Rehab and their prices are $175 (top trim) and $275 (handle), so $450 total, less than half of what I was quoted from LV.

My hesitation on LV doing the repair is: I bought my bag secondhand 3 years ago and since then the top trim has cracked and ripped. I don't use it every day and take very good care of it when it's not being used. Most of the Galliera pics I see here and on the secondhand sites (yoogi's, fashionphile) show wear but not ripped trim. I'm hesitant to spend $1080 on replacement only to have this happen again in...~5 years? Purse Rehab seems to do a great job - but I know if I go there I will never be able to get a repair from LV again, and it also might affect the price (negatively) if I decide to sell one day (although I don't see me selling.)

What would you do? Purse Rehab now ($450), or save and do the LV repair ($1080)?
If you go through PR. I can tell you LV will no longer touch the bag if you do a repair outside LV. Personally I would choose to do the repair through purse rehab and save the money. They do an amazing job! Yes, if you decide to sell later you might have to price lower. If you are pretty sure on keeping the bag then not a problem to consider.

Reactions: DaisyM