Club Galliera!

Can I ask was this from Yoogi's Closet? I'm also looking for one and saw it there, but hesitated too long. I had this bag years ago and sold it, foolishly and I've been regretting it!

Hi,
no, I live in Germany and got this bag from a German retailer. I've bought numerous times from him and have always been very pleased with my purchases. He only sells LV's in great and mint condition. So, the former owner must have kept the bag stored in its dustbag the whole time. Good for me :biggrin:

Reactions: Jeepgurl76
Hi,
no, I live in Germany and got this bag from a German retailer. I've bought numerous times from him and have always been very pleased with my purchases. He only sells LV's in great and mint condition. So, the former owner must have kept the bag stored in its dustbag the whole time. Good for me :biggrin:
Congratulations! That's wonderful! Very happy for you! I'm next. I will keep watching for mine!

I’m so happy to see that people are still loving the Galliera. I bought mine from the boutique in 2010. It was my 50th birthday present to myself. I’ve used it, taken relatively good care of it. I get the black marks from the rings but they come off with mild baby wipes. I’ve never treated the leather. The interior looks perfect.
I‘ve been using mine for the last 2 weeks. When I use this bag I’m reminded of the fact that this is such an awesome bag! The quality is superb. I actually thought today if I could only keep 2 of my lux bags this Galliera would be one. I actually enjoy this bag more than my others.
Heres my 2010 Galliera PM in all of her 11 yr old glory

4213A312-EB06-48FF-A9BE-A302A2BB6259.jpeg

10F463F3-FD35-421C-9810-A9215C5EB912.jpeg

E35E5EF4-6DDE-45FE-A0FC-11279EB0256F.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m so happy to see that people are still loving the Galliera. I bought mine from the boutique in 2010. It was my 50th birthday present to myself. I’ve used it, taken relatively good care of it. I get the black marks from the rings but they come off with mild baby wipes. I’ve never treated the leather. The interior looks perfect.
I‘ve been using mine for the last 2 weeks. When I use this bag I’m reminded of the fact that this is such an awesome bag! The quality is superb. I actually thought today if I could only keep 2 of my lux bags this Galliera would be one. I actually enjoy this bag more than my others.

View attachment 5166815

View attachment 5166816

View attachment 5166817
It looks amazing for an 11 year old bag.

Reactions: janetaz and Loriad

View attachment 5166815

View attachment 5166816

View attachment 5166817
Beautiful and in such wonderful condition. I love it❤️

Reactions: janetaz
I’m thinking about whether to get the leather if my Galliera replaced but not sure if it’s worth it. The quote I received from LV is $1080 for all leather replaced. From what I’ve seen on the secondhand market, Gallieras in new/excellent condition aren’t much less than that! I bought this bag 3 years ago. The interior is in excellent condition with no marks or stains.

Attachments

• C2746E53-4955-4271-BA6A-42A7CCF6DD92.jpeg
    C2746E53-4955-4271-BA6A-42A7CCF6DD92.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 21
  • FE2BB2F7-D3A3-4C43-83E2-C70BC520AC1C.jpeg
    FE2BB2F7-D3A3-4C43-83E2-C70BC520AC1C.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 1FEFA747-E1B6-400F-8FA5-F018ED82C711.jpeg
    1FEFA747-E1B6-400F-8FA5-F018ED82C711.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 73B88D95-C06A-45DE-8250-417417FF7963.jpeg
    73B88D95-C06A-45DE-8250-417417FF7963.jpeg
    254.1 KB · Views: 20
  • FF7FB6BF-4F88-4476-AE32-F020C5DECFFE.jpeg
    FF7FB6BF-4F88-4476-AE32-F020C5DECFFE.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 24C8A25C-2A82-437F-B586-034B2DCCD5C5.jpeg
    24C8A25C-2A82-437F-B586-034B2DCCD5C5.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 19
I’m thinking about whether to get the leather if my Galliera replaced but not sure if it’s worth it. The quote I received from LV is $1080 for all leather replaced. From what I’ve seen on the secondhand market, Gallieras in new/excellent condition aren’t much less than that! I bought this bag 3 years ago. The interior is in excellent condition with no marks or stains.
That's pretty high! I'm surprised it's that high. If it was half that, I would do it

Reactions: OCMomof3 and DaisyM
Wow! That’s almost buying a new bag! Although bags in the 1.5k to2k have very minimum leather. I think your bag looks fine. Enjoy its vintage vibe.

Reactions: Loriad and DaisyM
I’d search the preloved market first. The repair cost seems high but if it would restore the bag to brand new, I’d do it. The canvas is really thick, pliable and high quality. The Galliera is really an awesome bag.

Fingers crossed that I will be rejoining this club very shortly! I bought this bag I think in 2008 (?) while on vacation. I still don't know why, but I ended up selling it and I can't tell you how much I regret it! I've recently been on the hunt for another. I see a couple in this thread that have found bags that look brand new. I haven't been that lucky. Either the price has been sky high or the condition bad. I guess I don't mind a patina, as long as it's fairly light and even. I think I found one! Actually, I found one a couple of days ago on fashionphile. I decided to pull the trigger because of their return policy. Now today I found one that looks even better on Yoogi'sc Closet! I bought them both and will compare them when they come. I learned a hard lesson. If I'm not 185% sure I'll never use the bag again, I'm not selling!

Reactions: DaisyM and onlyk
Update: the 2 Gallieras came yesterday. The one from fashionphile was in the condition described, but probably a little more worn than I would like. The one from Yoogi's Closet is about what I expected. Very, very nice. Light patina, darker than maybe what I would hope, but I'm trying to be realistic for the age and price of the bag. It's made in France, very clean inside, the strap is clean and actually is lighter than the trim around the top. The trim around the top is very wrinkly. I guess that's ok. I mentioned I had this bag before and sold it. Dumb move! My bag was in better condition than both of these. Oh, I should also mention that the one from Yoogi's has the updated rings, which I love.

Here's my dilemma and maybe I'm just nuts. I went on the hunt for this bag. I got 2 of them and now I'm not sure! I'm not sure why I get things and then think I don't need them. Ugh!

The fashionphile bag is getting returned. That's a no brainer. But now I'm wondering should I get a Graceful in DE instead? The DE is carefree, which I love. But I feel like the Galliera, and many older bags, are better quality than those being made today and I love the feature of the feet on the bottom.

Do any of you have thoughts on the Galliera PM vs the Graceful PM? I should mention that I'm rather petite so the Galliera is a large bag for me, but that's part of the appeal.

Any input would be helpful! Thank you!