*CLOSED* Authenticate This HERMÈS Bag – READ 1st POST BEFORE SUBMITTING REQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently we do not have an Hermes authenticator, you'll need to use a paid service.
Please do not ask in off topic threads for opinions or start new threads. Thanks!

Please note there is no chatting allowed on this thread.

All authenticators are volunteers and may choose to answer posts or not as they individually see fit. For guidelines on what/how to post look at the beginning of this thread.

If you find your post ignored it may be for any reason

'bumping', 'begging' or have a hissy fit will not help
'Barking' when others try to help you will not help
Playing the 'unfair' card will not help.

If reg. members see a post that does not qualify for help you are of course free to prompt the poster (or ignore) but do not get drawn into an argument.

If you find posters rude or breaking tPF rules please report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please read the 1st post-you are a new member and this is your only post asking for free authentication.
It won't get a response I'm afraid but you could pay for authentication we all use Bababebi

No I don’t know if there is a specific thread...we also don’t allow openly discussing what features makes a bag authentic or not in this forum per forum rules.

bababebi is our most trusted authenticator, if she authenticated for you there is no other recommendation we would have beyond it. As for whether you personally feel ok with a mistaken stamp that’s up to you.

Edit: I don’t know about spa but I would assume that seeing how you are personally getting worried about the mistake there may be others who feel like you too, and that worry would affect the resell value if you ever do so. It would just depend on how many people would be bothered and pass this bag versus how many won’t care and will be happy to own it as long as it’s authentic. No idea if tPF is the best place to find that data for the general public - most of us here are very happy to trust bababebi.
Thanks for the reply! I ended up not buying that bag :sad: that discrepancy was bothering me so much that I decided it's probably not a good idea to spend so much money on something I have concerns about. I purchased another vintage kelly from a Japanese seller and it came back authentic after Dominique looked at it!

No one will ever accuse me of having enough knowledge to be an authenticator, but a few VERY RED flags!
1. When the price is way too low.....there's a reason ... hmmmm....
2. When he seller has minimal reviews.....hmmmm
Classic don't go there IMO

I definitely agree with the above and do follow the same world view. Yet, some years ago I took the risk of purchasing a bag similarly priced. It was later authenticated by Bababebi and turned out to be 100 % authentic. For that reason I was hoping to see if there are any "flags" on the bag itself that I myself am not seeing, rather then the listing and the pricing.

I definitely agree with the above and do follow the same world view. Yet, some years ago I took the risk of purchasing a bag similarly priced. It was later authenticated by Bababebi and turned out to be 100 % authentic. For that reason I was hoping to see if there are any "flags" on the bag itself that I myself am not seeing, rather then the listing and the pricing.
I don’t want to go off topic, but remember that red flags about the listing and seller are always relevant because even if an authentic bag is pictured (not saying this is the case here) you cannot know what they will send you or if they will send you anything at all.

Please authenticate:

Hermes Noir Epsom Birkin 25 Bag

the hardware looks matte and I am not sure if it is brushed ghw, but there’s no HSS.

Please authenticate:

Item: Hermes Black Clemence Leather Lindy 30cm Handbag
Listing number: Lot 0014
Seller: Auctions at ShowPlace in New York, via LiveAuctioneers
Link: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/100880337_hermes-black-clemence-leather-lindy-30cm-handbag

Comments if any: I am less familiar with LiveAuctioneers for handbag purchases, as I use them mostly for artwork auctions. The pictures look good to me but I am less familiar with this bag. I have asked the auction house for a condition report and their authentication methods. They seem to be a good auction house, but I do get concerned when I see auctioneers with tons of high-end custom bags that look unused for auction, and I have seen some sellers who appeared to have fake merchandise from openings or promotional/VIP items.

Thank you for any assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.