*CLOSED* Authenticate This HERMÈS Bag – READ 1st POST BEFORE SUBMITTING REQUEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently we do not have an Hermes authenticator, you'll need to use a paid service.
Please do not ask in off topic threads for opinions or start new threads. Thanks!

Please note there is no chatting allowed on this thread.

All authenticators are volunteers and may choose to answer posts or not as they individually see fit. For guidelines on what/how to post look at the beginning of this thread.

If you find your post ignored it may be for any reason

'bumping', 'begging' or have a hissy fit will not help
'Barking' when others try to help you will not help
Playing the 'unfair' card will not help.

If reg. members see a post that does not qualify for help you are of course free to prompt the poster (or ignore) but do not get drawn into an argument.

If you find posters rude or breaking tPF rules please report.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please authenticate this Kelly:
NEED ADVICE ON BUYING

Item: Auth HERMES Kelly 32 Black Box Calf Handbag
Listing number: 324517937425
Seller: brandearauction

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324517937425?ul_noapp=true

Comments if any: I have this bag currently on hold, before making payment. The bag is stamped circle A (1971) according to picture. I had this bag authenticated by a very reputable service, and she stated that the bag (deemed authentic) was made in 1997 (square A) and the hermes craftsman made a mistake in stamping. I do trust her opinion, but I'd really appreciate any insight on whether to make this purchase or not due to this mistake in stamping. The authenticator said she had seen this exact mistake previously, but I couldn't find anything about a similar case online. Will this stamping mistake become a problem if I want to have the bag serviced at Hermes spa or resell it in the future? It seems like such a rare case. What do you think of this scenario?

Thank you!

Reactions: VertColSwift
Please authenticate this Kelly:
NEED ADVICE ON BUYING

Item: Auth HERMES Kelly 32 Black Box Calf Handbag
Listing number: 324517937425
Seller: brandearauction

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/324517937425?ul_noapp=true

Comments if any: I have this bag currently on hold, before making payment. The bag is stamped circle A (1971) according to picture. I had this bag authenticated by a very reputable service, and she stated that the bag (deemed authentic) was made in 1997 (square A) and the hermes craftsman made a mistake in stamping. I do trust her opinion, but I'd really appreciate any insight on whether to make this purchase or not due to this mistake in stamping. The authenticator said she had seen this exact mistake previously, but I couldn't find anything about a similar case online. Will this stamping mistake become a problem if I want to have the bag serviced at Hermes spa or resell it in the future? It seems like such a rare case. What do you think of this scenario?

Thank you!

Hello, unfortunately, per post 1 of the thread one of the rules is that

- Authenticators will only authenticate for members who post in a range of threads, instead of just requesting free authentication for designer items.

Given you literally only has this one post, you request will likely not be answered here. Paid authentication services are available outside fo tPF. :flowers:

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Hello, unfortunately, per post 1 of the thread one of the rules is that

- Authenticators will only authenticate for members who post in a range of threads, instead of just requesting free authentication for designer items.

Given you literally only has this one post, you request will likely not be answered here. Paid authentication services are available outside fo tPF. :flowers:
Hello, Thank you for the response.
I am not asking for authentication. I have already had bababebi authenticate the bag, but like I described, I am merely asking for advice on if it is a safe idea to buy a bag with a known mistake in stamping. Or Is there another thread to ask this type of question?

Reactions: VertColSwift
Hello, Thank you for the response.
I am not asking for authentication. I have already had bababebi authenticate the bag, but like I described, I am merely asking for advice on if it is a safe idea to buy a bag with a known mistake in stamping. Or Is there another thread to ask this type of question?
No I don’t know if there is a specific thread...we also don’t allow openly discussing what features makes a bag authentic or not in this forum per forum rules.

bababebi is our most trusted authenticator, if she authenticated for you there is no other recommendation we would have beyond it. As for whether you personally feel ok with a mistaken stamp that’s up to you.

Edit: I don’t know about spa but I would assume that seeing how you are personally getting worried about the mistake there may be others who feel like you too, and that worry would affect the resell value if you ever do so. It would just depend on how many people would be bothered and pass this bag versus how many won’t care and will be happy to own it as long as it’s authentic. No idea if tPF is the best place to find that data for the general public - most of us here are very happy to trust bababebi.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Hi there. I would be so grateful if you could please take a look at this vintage Kelly for me. This is my first authentication request on the forum so I hope I do it correctly (and my apologies in advance if I screwed it up).

Item: Hermès Box Kelly Sellier 28 Black
Listing number: 687966
Seller: Fashionphile
Link: https://www.fashionphile.com/p/hermes-box-kelly-sellier-28-black-687966
Comments: I snapped this up within minutes of it hitting the Fashionphile website today, but I’m starting to get nervous about it since the condition looks a little too fabulous for a 50 year old bag (but my nerves are at least partially offset by the fact that the seller is Fashionphile). I suppose she could have been regularly spa’ed or perhaps she was just more treasured than used. Who knows...My fingers are crossed she is the gem I first hoped she was! Thank you so so so much ❤

Hi there. I would be so grateful if you could please take a look at this vintage Kelly for me. This is my first authentication request on the forum so I hope I do it correctly (and my apologies in advance if I screwed it up).

Item: Hermès Box Kelly Sellier 28 Black
Listing number: 687966
Seller: Fashionphile
Link: https://www.fashionphile.com/p/hermes-box-kelly-sellier-28-black-687966
Comments: I snapped this up within minutes of it hitting the Fashionphile website today, but I’m starting to get nervous about it since the condition looks a little too fabulous for a 50 year old bag (but my nerves are at least partially offset by the fact that the seller is Fashionphile). I suppose she could have been regularly spa’ed or perhaps she was just more treasured than used. Who knows...My fingers are crossed she is the gem I first hoped she was! Thank you so so so much ❤
As you have already purchased this bag it won't be authenticated here.
I have never purchased from the site you mention but I assume that they have a returns policy.
You will need to get independent authentication.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
As you have already purchased this bag it won't be authenticated here.
I have never purchased from the site you mention but I assume that they have a returns policy.
You will need to get independent authentication.
Ok. Thanks so much for the quick response. I figured the bag would get snatched up quickly so I just grabbed it, knowing that Fashionphile has a great 30 day return policy. I’ll have her reviewed by an independent authenticator once I have her in hand. Thank you again.

There seems to be a lot of people who ignore the instruction to read the 1st post.
I wonder if they mistakenly read the post that comes at the top of each page,
which in its own was a 1st post,
rather than the very first post of the thread that is now some 980 pages back.

Alas, many people ignored the advice to read the first post long before the post at the top of the page existed. Drives me nuts!

I think part of the high number of incorrectly posted authentication requests may be because the thread below, entitled “Read BEFORE posting in the Hermès AT section” is pinned to the top of the “Authenticate this Hermès” category.

I am guessing people are erroneously thinking that is the “first post” people are supposed to read, especially since it contains relevant instructions for posting an authentication request, but it is not as comprehensive as the instructions provided in the first post of this specific thread and leaves out a lot of the restrictions. I could be wrong, but that is exactly what I did and I’m thinking I might not be the only one.

Sorry again

Dear, all. I would appreciate any thoughts you might have about this classic bag that I have been eyeing. I didn't see that it posted before. Thank you kindly in advance.

Item: HERMÈS VACHE NATURAL KELLY 35
Listing number is applicable: HR.R0925.01
Seller: Ann's Fabulous Finds
Link: https://www.annsfabulousfinds.com/p...tm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping
Comments if any: This would be my first Hermes bag! I'm really interested in having a bag that can last for decades and develop a memorable patina, so interested in the VN, but not sure if it would be a "good" first bag as I'm worried if I'm too much of an amateur for its maintenance. Any comments/advice on the price, condition, and my goals, would be super appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.