**CLOSED** Authenticate This CHANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Roku:

Reminder

The spirit of my volunteer time is to help prospective or very recent purchasers of pre-owned Chanel items with an informed opinion, for the sole purpose of helping them with their upcoming or recent purchase.

I will only authenticate Chanel handbags and small leather goods:
1) if the request has an online listing link
2) or, if there is no listing link available, the request includes photographs that have been taken by you and only you, the requestor.

Additional requirements as follows:

REQUEST FORMAT: See post #1 for request format. Many requests get skipped because format is not followed or serial number is not included (must be typed out, being attached in a photographed is not sufficient). Format is important so others can search for the same item before getting it authenticated

PHOTOS REQUIRED: If the bare minimum needed photos are not included, your request will be skipped. Before including a request with a listing link, please make sure the listing includes the required photos prior to posting. If it does not, please procure those pictures and attach them along with your request post. See Post #2 for photos required, but especially require photos of:

• Clear photo of front, back, interior shots of the bag,
  • a clear, up-front photo of the hologram sticker (if it exists on the bag) and
  • the CHANEL MADE IN FRANCE / CHANEL MADE IN ITALY / CHANEL MADE IN SPAIN stamps. (for some items including vintage items, the "Made In" stamp is located in a different location. Need both).
  • Hardware, back of zipper pull, back of turnlock plate photos are usually required. If it's a wallet or WOC, photo of the CHANEL PARIS on the button snap needed.
  • If the actual bag (the bag itself, not just the photos available) is missing the hologram sticker, or it is illegible please mention that. Detailed hardware photos become more imperative in these instances.
  • On the flip side, there is no need to re-attach the same photos that are already in the listing. It clogs up the thread. Please, please don't attach photos that are already viewable through the link.
  • If you do not have an online link and are just attaching photos, you must be the one taking the photos of the bag. Include a photo of the bag in front of your username displayed in the black menu bar of the TPF screen, to showcase you have the item in your possession. The backdrop must showcase you logged into TPF. Example here.
Other reasons why your request may have been skipped:

• I do not authenticate requests without an online listing link (active or ended), including social media posts from Instagram, Facebook, or photos procured from the seller. I will still authenticate something you have in your possession. Any photos without a link must be taken by the TPF requestor (see preceding bullet).
  • I don't authenticate clothes, clothing accessories, shoes, jewelry, watches, cell phone chains, etc., purses and SLGs only
  • I don’t authenticate photos of most 17 million series and higher reissue, classic flap, classic WOC, GST and boy bags, unless it is from a seller who I know and trust (which are very, very few).Recommended authentication services is at the bottom of this post, but most of them don’t do photos for these either, due to so many super fakes. Sometimes, I will be able to still tell you if it's a fake or superfake.
  • I already authenticated or commented on that particular listing. Please do a search. That’s why we make everyone else follow the format
  • You're not a new member, but it seems that you only use the forum for authentication and not dialogue. Please post more, engage more in the TPF community. If you're new, and an auth reason brought you here, welcome!
  • Something about the bag, the listing, or the seller makes me uneasy, even though everything seems OK on the listing or photos.
  • Posts need to be separated into one request per post.
  • Due to my limited capacity I will no longer be authenticating listings from Craigslist or Gumtree
  • I also currently do not authenticate items on Tradesy.com due to my disappointment in the business practices of the company, where they are fully aware of the tens of thousands of misleading listings posted of items that are not in the seller's possession but in a different country, or not available for sale but undisclosed, because it helps them with SEO, traffic and advertising. Authentication in a way potentially helps a sale take place, and I have no desire to assist in the company's profits at this time. Every public shared selling platform has issues with bad listings, stolen photos, etc., but this company not only shows no attempt to fix this issue, but rather partakes in this practice and endorses these sellers, which is why I have singled this site out from others.
Due to counterfeiter lurkers on this thread and others, we are not permitted to post about authenticity attributes or discuss why's or why not's on authenticity. Keep in mind the only proof of authenticity is the item itself, and the only indicator of authenticity is if the bag is made by Chanel. Every "rule" has an exception, so on and so forth. Those "how to tell if your Chanel is authentic" tutorials do more harm then good. It's like if a doctor did a tutorial on how to perform a heart transplant. Does more harm than good, and is more dangerous than if the person knew nothing at all.

Recommended online authentication services for a small fee:
Etinceler Authentications (etincelerauthentications.com) - based in United States
Authenticate4U (authenticate4u.com) - based in the UK

Also, please do not PM me for an authentication request unless I've invited you to do so... Please post it here on this thread.

this could be why

Hello All,
Please remember this is a completely volunteer thread. Please DO NOT post duplicate requests as this clogs up the thread. If your request appears to have been skipped, please read Roku's signature as to why (post #2731).
If you are in need of an urgent authentication, please contact a recommended paid service, for a nominal fee. Etinceler in the United States and Authenticate 4U in the U.K. Their contact info is also found in Roku's signature. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Hi Authenticators/Roku, good morning! I hope your weekend went well.
I wanted to just ask the question as I realize that this authentication service is free and strictly a volunteer service. To those of us (old/new) members alike, we get super excited and super anxious about what we buy and sometimes don't post our images and requests correctly. However, if our post was rejected or skipped and we go back to the reminder that Roku had written sometimes it's hard to determine why our posts are skipped. Will it be okay to ask an authenticator/Roku directly why our post are skipped as opposed to trying to figure out why it was skipped especially if it has something to do with an authenticator feeling uneasy about authenticating an item. Is this a reasonable question/request that if an item makes authenticator uneasy for example to actually comment back on the request to say so? Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there and I truly understand if it's not possible. Again I understand this is a free service and takes up your valuable time.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could authenticate this reissue with the pictures that are currently available.

Item Name: Reissue Medium (unsure about the style/model name?)
SERIAL NUMBER: 12121177
Seller (Instagram): thevintagebag
Who took the pictures: seller
History of the bag: unknown

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• BFl-vt_kkSk.jpg
    BFl-vt_kkSk.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG-20160711-WA0033.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0033.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-20160711-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0034.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20160711-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0036.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG-20160711-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0037.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20160711-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0038.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20160711-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0043.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG-20160711-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0045.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20160711-WA0044.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0044.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 75
Hi Authenticators,

I recently purchased a bag in-store at A Second Chance. For a piece of mind, I'd like to have the bag authenticated on TPF. Thank you for your consideration and time, I really appreciate it!

Item Name: Chanel Red Quilted Caviar Jumbo Classic Flap Bag
SERIAL NUMBER: 11400682
Link: https://www.asecondchanceresale.com/chanel-red-quilted-caviar-bijoux-jumbo-classic-flap-bag.html
Seller: A Second Chance
Who took the pictures: Pictures taken by me.
History of the bag: Purchased pre-owned.
Comments:

Attachments

• IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0611.JPG
    IMG_0611.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0614.JPG
    IMG_0614.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 81
Hi Authenticators/Roku, good morning! I hope your weekend went well.
I wanted to just ask the question as I realize that this authentication service is free and strictly a volunteer service. To those of us (old/new) members alike, we get super excited and super anxious about what we buy and sometimes don't post our images and requests correctly. However, if our post was rejected or skipped and we go back to the reminder that Roku had written sometimes it's hard to determine why our posts are skipped. Will it be okay to ask an authenticator/Roku directly why our post are skipped as opposed to trying to figure out why it was skipped especially if it has something to do with an authenticator feeling uneasy about authenticating an item. Is this a reasonable question/request that if an item makes authenticator uneasy for example to actually comment back on the request to say so? Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there and I truly understand if it's not possible. Again I understand this is a free service and takes up your valuable time.
Hello,
If you look back on the thread, nothing has been authenticated since Friday, prior to your request. This is a completely volunteer thread, and authentication cannot be done daily. We try to respond to members as we can guiding them to update their request. That is what myself and gail13 do, try to guide members to repost requests correctly; but we do ask that you read post one and two prior to posting as well as Roku's signature. We've been finding that most requests are not following the required format and required pictures. This alone backs up the thread. We have busy lives as well, and cannot respond to each request always guiding members on how to post. That is why we ask you to read and try to figure out what ones' post might be missing. Members will be responded to via the thread by quoting you with required info or on authenticity. We understand that you are excited/anxious regarding your new purchases.

Please do not pm Roku directly as her signature states.

If you need an urgent authentication, or cannot wait any longer, please contact one of the paid services. Etinceler in the US for $7.00 and authenticate 4u in the UK for $8.00. The contact info is located in Roku's signature (a few posts above yours).

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Roku
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could authenticate this reissue with the pictures that are currently available.

Item Name: Reissue Medium (unsure about the style/model name?)
SERIAL NUMBER: 12121177
Seller (Instagram): thevintagebag
Who took the pictures: seller
History of the bag: unknown

Thank you so much!
Hello,
Per roku's signature, we do not authenticate purchases off of Instagram. If you purchase the bag, please re-post with the required pictures and a log in shot showing the bag is in your possession. Thank you!

Hello,
If you look back on the thread, nothing has been authenticated since Friday, prior to your request. This is a completely volunteer thread, and authentication cannot be done daily. We try to respond to members as we can guiding them to update their request. That is what myself and gail13 do, try to guide members to repost requests correctly; but we do ask that you read post one and two prior to posting as well as Roku's signature. We've been finding that most requests are not following the required format and required pictures. This alone backs up the thread. We have busy lives as well, and cannot respond to each request always guiding members on how to post. That is why we ask you to read and try to figure out what ones' post might be missing. Members will be responded to via the thread by quoting you with required info or on authenticity. We understand that you are excited/anxious regarding your new purchases.

Please do not pm Roku directly as her signature states.

If you need an urgent authentication, or cannot wait any longer, please contact one of the paid services. Etinceler in the US for $7.00 and authenticate 4u in the UK for $8.00. The contact info is located in Roku's signature (a few posts above yours).

Thank you!
thank you for replying and yes i understand and get what you are saying. you gals are doing a great job. i was just thinking out loud and having a conversation.

Reactions: gail13
Hello. [emoji16] i was hoping that you would be able to help me authenticate this chanel flap bag:

Item name: Chanel Reissue anniversary flap

Serial number: 10411513

Listing number: 282092422672

Seller: violetta.couture

Link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/CHANEL-REISSU...AMBSKIN-LEATHER-2-55-/282092422672?nav=SEARCH

Thank you very much!!! [emoji4]
Hello,
Please do not post triplicate posts. As instructed above, the thread is running behind. If you are in need of an urgent authentication, please contact a paid service as recommended above for a nominal fee.
Before reposting please check the requests after your post. If none have been authenticated, your request has not been skipped. Please review the required photos for authentication and make sure they are included in the sellers' listing. When providing missing photos, quote your original post and add them to your request. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.