Cliques

all over, i talked to the popular girls, never really hung out with them, i kind of had different friends in different classes, but a kind of group i'd eat lunch with, and then the people on the teams i played. i didnt really have a best friend either, i just got along especially with different people. i was also really lucky because two of the girls who i especially was tight with either lived next door to me, or down the street, so it worked. its the same guy friend wise too, either from sports or different classes, thats how i got to know people. but hang out wise i like more exclusive one on one with my gal pals or a little group of both. it just kind of depends who was angry at who lol, i was always switzerland, called the lock box.

I was in the "rebel" clique, with the people who listened to punk and alternative, played music in bands, hated cheerleaders and jocks, etc. We were the "freaks" to the popular people :lol: But after high school you realize how silly all that stuff is :rolleyes:

in high school i was in an Outcast, because i'd just gone back to Malaysia after living abroad for 4 years, and i started 9th grade in a private school. the school was extremely small and everyone knew everyone else, so naturally everyone knew i'd been living abroad. so they nicknamed me the 'Malaysian white trash' :cry:

and now in college i'm in a sorority, so i suppose i'm in the Greek Clique :P

yeuxhonnetes said:
in high school i was in an Outcast, because i'd just gone back to Malaysia after living abroad for 4 years, and i started 9th grade in a private school. the school was extremely small and everyone knew everyone else, so naturally everyone knew i'd been living abroad. so they nicknamed me the 'Malaysian white trash' :cry:

and now in college i'm in a sorority, so i suppose i'm in the Greek Clique :P

awww!kids are so meann! i'm sorry that happened to you!! :heart: :heart:

i was never popular.. i was a snob back then...... i mean, i only hang-out with the smart ppl.. lol lol..... but only had a few friends coz of that.. i didn't mind as long as they were smart and can afford... just kidding...

ayla said:
The overachievers clique.. ugh. There's always someone smarter than you.

I guess at university I belonged to the 'multicultural clique' - it seemed like a lot of other girls gravitated towards each other so we were the group that would get the questions like "Are you all different kinds of Asian?" at the bars. Blah.

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: Usually only Asians can tell different Asians apart. :angel:

I was in Cross Country and Track in HS so I was part of the "jock" clique (that Cristina hated :graucho:) where we walked around sporting our varsity jackets and pushing people around. Ah those were the days... :rolleyes:

In HS was in varsity cheerleading and in honors classes, so I would hang out with jocks as well as the smart people. Basically, I was friends with everyone...just as long as they were nice.

In college, I was best friends with my books...hahahaha. J/k!!!

No clique back in high school. I didn't understand the need for a clique. I was a dreamer, thinking everybody could be friends and stuff.

In college, I was a Resident Assistant but we don't hang out as a clique. I was friends with whoever wanted to be friends with me.

I did not belong to a clique in my youth and I still don't. One could say I cannot be pigeonholed so easily. I admire Thoreau who tells us to, March to the Beat of A Different Drummer, i.e. follow my own inclinations and not to do what everyone else does.

Well I started out as a band geek and then somewhere along the way I got pissed off and couldnt be bothered to fully wake up for school. Meaning I pretty much slept through class. I too had the joy of going to an all girl catholic school. Yea wearing skirts in the middle of Chicago winters sucks. Anyways I swtiched up my friends so often that I dont think I could name one clique.