Cleaning Your Balenciaga

A darker color.. maybe black or anthracite...

But getting it in KLCC is expensive. So if I go to EU again, probably will get it

haha

I see you have 4 Bbags.. nice !

Ya, it's very expensive to get them locally. I got my first bal in Paris last year, then 2 pre-owned via websites, then the latest one from bal cannes. ya, it's a lot of bags in just one year, not to mention a lot of money too!!! So I'm trying to sell my work and just keep 3 only

Has anyone else had wear and tear on the corners so much that it seems to go to a deeper brownish leather? do you think this is dyable?.. I have an acryllic top coat on it to prevent further wear, but would like it to match better if possible (not perfect match but maybe white dye for the nacre color? Any suggestions appreciated!

I'm sort of new here - I've been lurking around but never posted! :P
Anyway, I adopted a beautiful Bal wallet recently and the previous owner took horrible care of her :sad: She's filthy, covered in dirt. She's a blue color - I'm not quite sure which exact but with all the dirt on the front and back she's pretty much green/brown. I purchased Apple Conditioner and it worked a little bit but she needs a lot more work.

Can anyone suggest some tips?

I also posted in the general handbag care & maintenance thread but I wanted to share here too. For anybody who has experienced fading with an older bag, I would check out Meltonian shoe & boot cream. They have a big selection of colors and I found a brown that was perfect for my 06 Truffle. Easy to use and the bag has never been smoother or shinier for me.

Attachments

• balm 1.JPG
    balm 1.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 1,236
  • balm 2.JPG
    balm 2.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 1,235
I also posted in the general handbag care & maintenance thread but I wanted to share here too. For anybody who has experienced fading with an older bag, I would check out Meltonian shoe & boot cream. They have a big selection of colors and I found a brown that was perfect for my 06 Truffle. Easy to use and the bag has never been smoother or shinier for me.
Is it shoe polish you put on your bag? You haven't found the color coming off on your clothes, or where you're setting it down? How often do you have to apply? Is there any buildup?

Is it shoe polish you put on your bag? You haven't found the color coming off on your clothes, or where you're setting it down? How often do you have to apply? Is there any buildup?

Yes, it is a shoe leather cream that comes in a variety of colors. I got mine on Amazon. The brand is manufactured under Kiwi which is another popular line for creams, cleaners and lotions.

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Cre...65946442&sr=8-1&keywords=meltonian+shoe+cream

Some people are wary about using shoe creams but I stand by Meltonian for my Chanels and other bags. I completed the process yesterday and let it set overnight. This morning I was carrying it around the house and no transfer so far on my clothes. I used just my fingers/hands to apply the cream, I didn't go overboard but I wasn't afraid to be a little generous with it in some spots either. I moved in circular motions and worked it into the leather. No build up that I've noticed, the leather just looks richer and like it has soaked up the cream.

I'm really impressed with it.

Yes, it is a shoe leather cream that comes in a variety of colors. I got mine on Amazon. The brand is manufactured under Kiwi which is another popular line for creams, cleaners and lotions.

http://www.amazon.com/Meltonian-Cre...65946442&sr=8-1&keywords=meltonian+shoe+cream

Some people are wary about using shoe creams but I stand by Meltonian for my Chanels and other bags. I completed the process yesterday and let it set overnight. This morning I was carrying it around the house and no transfer so far on my clothes. I used just my fingers/hands to apply the cream, I didn't go overboard but I wasn't afraid to be a little generous with it in some spots either. I moved in circular motions and worked it into the leather. No build up that I've noticed, the leather just looks richer and like it has soaked up the cream.

I'm really impressed with it.
You're bag looks great! I have 2007 Calcaire and it's all yellowed, but pretty evenly yellowed. You would never guess its original color. I just purchased Leather Honey which I'll try first, but I'll keep the shoe cream in mind just in case the LH emphasizes the yellowing. I've seen Kiwi in the stores, but not Meltonian. Are you using it on your handles too?

You're bag looks great! I have 2007 Calcaire and it's all yellowed, but pretty evenly yellowed. You would never guess its original color. I just purchased Leather Honey which I'll try first, but I'll keep the shoe cream in mind just in case the LH emphasizes the yellowing. I've seen Kiwi in the stores, but not Meltonian. Are you using it on your handles too?

Good luck! If you don't have luck with the LH you can try Meltonian All Purpose Cleaner too, a lot of people like that one for their bags. I did use a bit on the handles as well and they look great.