Cleaning Your Balenciaga

luvpurse said:
I notice that my bag is prone to scratch. :cry: Do you think it's because it's too dry? Or I'm too anal? I'm so paranoid about my bag right now and I don't want to be this way. Would rather enjoy it and know that it's durable. However, when I examine my bag, I will find white scratch but when I rub it and put lotion to it, it's gone. :blink:

Also, what do you do if your bag has stains from a drop of small drink, food sauce and whatever that can cause stains? It doesn't happen to me yet but I just want to be prepared. :Push:

Thank you. :yes:

luvpurse

Some find that using a conditioner first along with a protectant spray helps to prevent scratches and stains, e.g. Applgarde spray and/or conditioner. There is also a thread about using Lubriderm moisturizer as a conditioner.

If my bag were to get any stains on it, I would take it to a professional cobbler or handbag repair place. HTH

Sadly I got some ink or some color transfer on my rouille hobo but cannot get it out. It is not where anyone can see it so I am not that bothered but still sucks that it doesn't come out. I had conditioned and sprayed the bag.

chigirl said:
Sadly I got some ink or some color transfer on my rouille hobo but cannot get it out. It is not where anyone can see it so I am not that bothered but still sucks that it doesn't come out. I had conditioned and sprayed the bag.

:sick: I'm sorry that you couldn't remove the stain. So the best way is to go to the cobbler? Wow, I better be careful with my bag now. :Push:

Hello Purse Lovin' Ladies : )

I got my Sky Blue Twiggy yesterday and noticed marks of a greenish-yellow colour on the back left corner. I was a little perplexed and didn't know what to do. They were quite noticable to me. I looked at sending it to www.lovinmybags.com but decided to try some Coach Leather Cleaner that I had at home. I figured, I would try it on the bottom, if it looked worse/ no better I would leave it alone. I did a small spot, the leather darkened/ moistened a bit and I thought "uh OH - step AWAY from the bag!"
When I looked after a little bit, the darkened/ moistened part was the same colour as the rest, but with no stain! Hip-hip-hooraahh. So I proceeded to clean the rest of the stains. I will attach before and after pictures. In certain light they are *very* faintly there, but as my husband said after repeated inquiry "I can't see all the little things you see on your handbags" : )

The last, stand alone picture in the bunch was taken this morning, outside in the sunlight. I can't see a mark on it, inside, in flourescent light, you can see faint, faint marks, but not noticeably!

I spent time working the marks off and then proceeded to clean the rest of the bag and handles. On the cloth you can see the greeny colour from the stains, but I used a different part of the cloth for the rest of the bag and there was NO stripping of colour. I laid it on something white and you could see the dirt that came off, but no colour.

***** I cannot say that this will be everyone's experience, and PLEASE test a small, inconspicuous patch and let it dry before treating the rest of your bag, if you choose to use this method! *****

I do not know the origin of the marks, be they grass, or dye transfer, something spilled on the bag, so maybe I lucked out and this particular mark was treated by the Coach Leather Cleaner but another wouldn't, anyway. I am thrilled with the results.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Attachments

• Sky Blue Comparison 01.jpg
    Sky Blue Comparison 01.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,963
  • Sky Blue Comparison 02.jpg
    Sky Blue Comparison 02.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 2,003
  • Sky Blue Comparison 03.jpg
    Sky Blue Comparison 03.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,857
  • Sky Blue After pic 01.jpg
    Sky Blue After pic 01.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,860
awesome! now we have a small step towards a complete investigation into dirt removal! ;) i think the stains are just from use, that kind of darkening happens on lighter colored bags w/ no applegarde... so post the brand and type of cleaner you used! thanks and i'm so glad it came out great! such a useful bit of info!