Cle de Peau

From what I understand, the Silky Creme Foundation is very moisturizing, very nice for dry skin, and has a dewy finish. It also seems to provide more coverage than the Refining Fluid Foundation.

Reviews differ, but to me, the Refining foundation is definitely a foundation, and has nothing of the tinted moisturizer. It has a liquid texture, but not watery (less liquid than Bobby Brown Skin Foundation, for example). To me, it provides sheer to medium coverage when applied very lightly, and is definitely buildable to medium to full (but not completely full). It is very easy to work with, and applies beautifully. For me, it covers everything I want covered like redness and tone unevenness, but still let's my skin show through and I can still see my freckles, which is quite important to me (but again, I apply sheerly - the MUA at the counter applied more heavily, and then I couldn't see them anymore). I also love the fact that one pump is pretty much exactly what is needed for one application, takes the guesswork out of it, lol. It has a semi dewy, actually more luminous than dewy, finish, kind of "my skin but better".

It is very lightweight, you basically can't feel you are wearing anything, and on me it lasts from morning to evening, and still looks good when I sweat, and that's a definite plus in this weather, lol.

All in all, it's really working out very nicely for me, actually the best ever, and I've been trying quite a few foundations in the past year - it doesn't hurt that the colors starting with O are my exact skin tone, and that's priceless. So far, my skin seems ok, but it typically takes me 2 weeks to establish wether or not a foundation will break me out, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed until the end of the week, and that I won't have to return it.

Hope the above helps :smile:

Thanks for input. My face is on the dryer side but now I''d like to try the refining foundation as well.

I've never tried CDP lipstick but a MUA at Armani counter raved about it. I've been great things about the concealer as well. That's the next thing I want to try when mine runs out.

Last edited:
I have oily skin, and both the concealer & foundation are my HG's. I rarely buy the same Cosmetics twice, so buying these multiple times is a big deal for me. As an FYI. I use the foundation in the pump bottle, not the jar.

I absolutely love these products. They usually have samples of the foundation at the counters, you should ask for some and see if it works for you. Even if not the right color, try it on when you aren't leaving the house and see if makes you oily :smile:

I have oily skin, and both the concealer & foundation are my HG's. I rarely buy the same Cosmetics twice, so buying these multiple times is a big deal for me. As an FYI. I use the foundation in the pump bottle, not the jar.

I absolutely love these products. They usually have samples of the foundation at the counters, you should ask for some and see if it works for you. Even if not the right color, try it on when you aren't leaving the house and see if makes you oily :smile:

Thank you for your review! By any chance have you used the foundation from Le Mer?

Thank you for your review! By any chance have you used the foundation from Le Mer?

I've used the La Mer powder foundation (it was a pressed powder type of formula that came in a compact) This was ages ago, I don't know if they still make it. It was nice, but not HG status (at least for me). I don't remember much about it, but if it had done something great (or bad) I would have remembered. It was just ok.

I actually have the La Mer loose translucent powder on its way to me.

The Cle de Peau Refining Fluid foundation is lovely, but it did make me oily in the T zone, and while wearing it I had to blot once or twice a day. I then switched to the La Mer (liquid) foundation, and have found my HG - simply perfection!!! But you need to try them: different skins, different tastes :smile:

I've tried almost every single makeup product from CPB, most things are great. The concealer is definitely my HG product, also I do love their eyeshadows. CPB's foundation is good, but not yet great, I love Twany Century's foundation more.

Skincare wise, I've been using their basic line for a few years, and I think I'll keep going on at least for a few more years.

I've never heard of it, where do you find it?
It's a Japanese brand, and I have some friends in Japan who can send me those hard to find brands.

I've tried almost every brand in the US market, and there's really nothing to compete those high end Japanese brands foundations, of course CPB is a Japanese brand and it's amazing too, it's just that foundation is always different to everyone:biggrin:

Looooove Cle de Peau Cream Foundation in 030 ! It is my holy grail for flawless foundation :smile:
Add to that Cle de Peau Concealer and Translucent Powder, heaven LOL

Glad to see someone loving this line which is the high end brand of Shiseido :smile:

I did not see a specific thread for this line. Can't rave enough about their foundation and concealer! Seriously, it leaves my skin flawless. I've been trying to find the perfect foundation forever and have tried many different lines, lately though Giorgio Armani and Chanel. While I really like GA LSF, by the end of the day its gone. Cle de Peau lasts all day!!

For reference, I got the teint natural satine foundation. It comes in a little black tub. It looks thicker in texture than how it goes on and you only need a tiny amount for your whole face.

The concealer is the best ever! Most of the ones I tried in the past were too creamy and didn't lie flat. The texture of this one is perfect, blends perfect, conceals perfect and feels like my own skin, only better. It also brightens but looks so natural.

Also, I did get the line primer. I'm 41 so starting to get very faint fine lines around my eyes etc. I dab just a little on around those areas, blend, wait a minute then put the foundation on, lines are pretty much gone.

The SA gave me lots of samples on their skin products. I've heard good things about it and maybe will need to try when my La Mer/Arcona runs out.

i love cle de peau. I'm using cream foundation and primer for pores, they both work so well on my face. Also, I just bought loose powder from cle de peau, it is so expensive with 130+tax in cad$. But I would say its worth it. It helps me foundation to last all day long.

I was at a Lancome counter telling them how their concealer didn't really work for me. They actually referred me to Cle. They said that they have a wider colour range to choose from for concealers so better chance of matching my skin colour and cover my dark undereye circles! Now I'm really curious seeing the comments here!