Classic m/l for petite frames

I'm 4'11" and currently around 85 lbs. The m/l is the perfect size, imo. I have some smalls but I only use them as evening bags. The m/l is the perfect size for everything - everyday/casual and evening. It definitely isn't too big, even on a petite frame. The jumbo is another story!

Reactions: KN89
I´m 5'4 .. here´s my only medium, I always thought small is the size for me but when trying on that one, the small looked like a dainty party bag.. maybe it really has to do with the colour. Love the small size otherwise… one of the big advantages is you can carry the m/l crossbody as well when you´re not so tall! I´d say go for it..
123.jpg

I would get the m/l — I’m 4’11” and 84-85 lbs and the m/l doesnt look too big. I can even use it crossbody.

Attachments

• 0D6B19FA-BB6D-4620-812B-6D2A1FE9477F.jpeg
    0D6B19FA-BB6D-4620-812B-6D2A1FE9477F.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 09110C0B-C95D-4A4A-9937-2A92B88D1E2B.jpeg
    09110C0B-C95D-4A4A-9937-2A92B88D1E2B.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Christofle
I'm 5'1" here's a small and a medium flap on me. The small is my favorite but it depends on the color of the flap. What color are you getting?

Attachments

• 7183967A-8004-4A4E-88F3-C70C8F6A51D6.png
    7183967A-8004-4A4E-88F3-C70C8F6A51D6.png
    858.2 KB · Views: 169
  • CE8832EF-AA6A-409D-8FE7-08023DBEA0C0.png
    CE8832EF-AA6A-409D-8FE7-08023DBEA0C0.png
    971.4 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: Christofle
I'm 5'2, 95 lbs and I prefer the small. I purchased the black caviar medium because everybody said it was a holy grail, and forced myself to try to love it because everyone else did, but it's been sitting in my closet unused. I'm much happier with my black caviar small, even though alot of people say it's not worth it for the price, too similar to a mini, etc. To each their own :smile:

If you're in the USA, I think Chanel has a 14 day return policy so perhaps you can purchase the medium to try on at home.

I was thinking black or beige. Is the first pic a medium? Thank you for sharing

Yes, the first is the medium flap. I love the beige in the small, and if it's black lamb I also love it in the small. If it's black caviar medium would be cute too!!! Honestly can't go wrong. The medium looks nice on you!
Your small bag is beautiful! Is it ivory or beige? I'm looking to buy an ivory one. How is the wear and tear on it and just how delicate is it??
Thank you! They're both white flaps :smile: the caviar is pretty durable so no wear. But I haven't really gone out lately so it hasn't gotten much use.

Yes, the first is the medium flap. I love the beige in the small, and if it's black lamb I also love it in the small. If it's black caviar medium would be cute too!!! Honestly can't go wrong. The medium looks nice on you!

Thank you! They're both white flaps :smile: the caviar is pretty durable so no wear. But I haven't really gone out lately so it hasn't gotten much use.
Oh caviar...i am looking at an ivory lamskin one. Aren't you concerned about color transfer?

Oh caviar...i am looking at an ivory lamskin one. Aren't you concerned about color transfer?
Ahh. And no honestly, not really! The caviar has a sheen finish that feels like it isn't too delicate. I just would avoid brand new denim with it.

Have you felt the lamb on the ivory mini you're looking at? Do you have pictures?

This one from 18C. View attachment 4739323 Sorry OP for hijacking the thread
Oh! I actually tried that one on a few years ago. From what I remember it did seem a bit on THR delicate side. I'd be careful with it especially since it's a mini as they hit lower. If it's not an every day bag I'd go for it! But if it's your one and only Chanel I'd maybe get a small white in caviar instead

Reactions: cityivy