Classic m/l for petite frames

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I’m 4’11” and 115lbs. I have been looking for a small CF with no luck. However, my SA did offer me the m/l CF! I’m worries it’ll be too large for me. I like that the small is ok on me crossbody and looks proportional to my frame. I don’t carry much, I just like bags that look good on me. Can anyone post themselves with their m/l (and height) so I can gauge the size since stores are still closed near me? Thank you

2. I really like the medium size. I think it’s more Classic. Small size bag is a trend. It will fade eventually. Medium size can stand the time.

3. I agree that smaller bags are on the trend right now but I am worried the m/l against my frame is overpowering! I wish I could go try one on

4. Hey, this is my sister 4’11 95lbs. Hope these pics help.
    D57FAAC7-548A-454C-85AF-BD848C647F46.jpeg 3A4C3CB4-9AF0-43CA-A8A1-638F7C93FD0E.jpeg B63863C9-E6FE-4B22-A2A6-B8E116F9E6F4.jpeg 6443E086-9E87-4EFD-89D9-EBB280CB123D.jpeg 5FB2B970-9955-41D6-8DAF-EF08C71AA2BD.jpeg

5. That's me with my medium classic flap (I'm 5 feet) 20200523_154846.jpg

6. KN89 likes this.
  7. I have the M/L and I’m 5’4 and my sister who’s 5’2 tried on my M/L and it looks kinda big on her. She ended up buying the small one which looks so much more proportioned on her frame. If I was you, I’d wait for a small one.

KN89 likes this.
  8. It might also depend on the individual bag. Some M/L look more long-rectangular and others are slightly more tall-rectangular. If that makes sense. Maybe it also depends on whether heavier things were carried to make them more taller over time?

For someone under 5', avoid the longer ones...the Small flap is slightly more flattering IMO, but not quite as practical.

9. I personally think the M/L is the ultimate classic from Chanel. Even though the small might look better on you I wouldn’t say it’s the most practical bag.

MahoganyQT, sashaj and KN89 like this.
  10. I'm 5'1" and the m/l classic flap is the biggest size I would go for. I think you are OK :tup:

KN89 likes this.
  11. It's the only medium I have. I definitely prefer the mini flaps as they are more versatile and I think are more proportionate for me.

KN89 and ChanelCanuck like this.
  12. I’m 5’0 and I like the M/L bec I’m tiny enough to wear it crossbody and if I wanted to, it is sort of like a tote when worn on the shoulder with the double strap. The small size kind of feels weird wearing it with the double strap since it looks so small.

KN89 likes this.
  13. Thank you everyone!
    This is me with the small bag last year (I finally found this picture..)
    I don’t have a pic with a m/l that I can find. I wish I took more pics.

I know the outfit does not fit the bag - please excuse. I’m impressed I wasn’t wearing gym clothes that day.

Attached Files:

Glitterbomb and sashaj like this.
  14. #14 May 23, 2020 at 11:26 PM
    Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 11:32 PM
    728DC3F2-3509-4621-BB08-68F76A569BA1.jpeg D717D5C7-4D53-43E9-8A59-A49542D376C8.jpeg It depends on the color. I feel black bags look smaller in general so i think medium would look great. On color flaps i like the small for they appear bigger if that makes sense..lol

ncabahug, KN89 and ChanelCanuck like this.
  15. Actually that small looks perfect on you (and the color is so fun and summery, I'd totally wear it wih that outfit! lol). I think the medium might be too horizontally long.

KN89 likes this.